IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Keyboard Koala

6 minutes ago, RabMyself said:

Ouch, checked the price on Epic, "Starting from £69.99". As a PC gamer who is used to not paying any more than about £30 for a game this is going to sting!

It'll be £60 in the annual Epic Xmas "£10 voucher on anything" sale.

Still about £20 too expensive though.

5 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I hope it comes to Xbox at some point...

Pretty sure it will, Square Enix doesn't ignore Game Pass money.

Which, in turn, makes me even more hesitant to spend seventy fucking quid on a single videogame.

(again, even if the £10 EGS Christmas voucher exists, I'd rather spend it something else)

It's a bona fide full game, but to be brutally honest it also feels extremely stretched out and padded. You can tell that the basic set-up and main story would work great as a punchy first 10 hours. Now it feels like a 12 episode season of a Netflix show that should have been 6 episodes. YMMV of course.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's a bona fide full game, but to be brutally honest it also feels extremely stretched out and padded.

Before Remake’s release I played the original up to where Remake ends and… well Remake would be a rip-off if it was that short (5 and a half hours in my playthrough) :P I guess a nice middle ground could have been met though.

For me the combat in Remake helped to carry it - I like the implementation of ATB (aside from that Classic mode) and so I didn’t mind extended combat filler.

7 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Apparently it has Playstation controller prompts. 

Regardless of controller used.

Absolutely lazy port.

That's just funny :lol: That's just the lazy port cherry on top the £70 shit cake

Knowing squeenix, they'll conclude that there's simply no market for Japanese console games on PC. How else do you explain this underperforming?!

43 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I suppose Nixxes were behind Squeenix's good PC ports, and now Sony's bought them they're back to the usual Japanese-dev low effort.

That was my first thought as well - and Nixxes delivered excellent work - but thinking about it some more, they only ever ported the Eidos and Crystal Dynamics games, didn't they? Never the Japanese stuff but I might be mistaken.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

On a side note I watched a really.good three hour at synopsis on the plot of this and what it all means in the wider world of ff7. It was really good. 

Got a link? I’ve gone full Pepe Silvia in my head about it.

incidentally, maybe we should re-instigate spoilers for a few months until PC players catch up.

2 hours ago, Spacehost said:

incidentally, maybe we should re-instigate spoilers for a few months until PC players catch up.

We have a spoilery post-game discussion thread here where people can talk about spoilery plot stuff outside of this thread - the old discussions may bit a bit hard to follow after grindmouse asked for his account to be nuked, but it might be useful for new discussions.