rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Pockets

PES 2016

How are people finding the PS4 kit editing? How long does one team take to edit on average?

You can do a league in about an hour depending on how fussy you're being. If you're changing undershirt colours and adding third kits etc it might take a little longer. Changing the names of the teams is the longest part.

You can do a league in about an hour depending on how fussy you're being. If you're changing undershirt colours and adding third kits etc it might take a little longer. Changing the names of the teams is the longest part.

So you can get away with just applying the image and not changing the undershirt colours then? I suppose most of the time the colours will not need changing.

So you can get away with just applying the image and not changing the undershirt colours then? I suppose most of the time the colours will not need changing.

The colours affect the undershirts if worn, the colours the fans wear and what the game will think constitutes a kit clash. The only one that would really bother me is the kit clash one but you can change kits before every game anyway.

The other annoying editing thing is when you have to change the colours of numbers and names on the shirts and shorts. Doesn't take long but the fact they're not all under the same option starts to drive you mad.

First time I've hopped off the FIFA train since... er... 2006 or so, and got to admit I am really liking this game. Bought it a few days back, have spent some time painstakingly editing the teams to give it a little bit more authenticity.

Oh, and this just happened.

Snap:

Hadn't done any editing at this point, just dove into the Europa League mode.

While waiting for the database update Mybrother, a mate and I have been playing on MyClub mode, and as it's crap you can't play with three players co-op online, meaning we've had to play against the computer, and for some reason only the rubbish cup is open to us.
So tonight we tried to work out skills...

We also played online, with the rule you switched the bad if you let a goal in or if you scored two goals. We did this:

Can't wait to get stuck into Master League though. The database update needs to hurry along.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to get stuck into Master League though. The database update needs to hurry along.

It's ridiculous right? ML is the only mode I play and I've held off buying until it's done, that way I'll get it cheaper, and pehaps even ever so slightly affect Konami's initial sales figures :huh: Just waiting for an announcement that its coming sooner than they said.

Champions League first qualifying round last night, Bayern v PSG. I win the first leg 4-2 in Munich, Robben notching a hat trick, then I conspire to lose the second leg 5-2. Bloody Zlatan and his trick of scoring goals.

Loving the way different players feel on the ball. Get it to Robben or Götze and you can instantly tell they're at a different level altogether to someone like Schweinsteiger.

I've noticed that, it's one of the things I loved about classic PES and in all the years I went with EA I never had the same feeling with FIFA titles outside of difference in pace between players.

Dzeko's dominating in the air but is the anti-Crouch as he really doesn't have Good Touch For A Big Man™. Totti's slow as anything and if you sprint he'll be dead by half-time, but give him the ball in next to no space and he'll still either find a man or get a shot in. Maicon is a steam train whereas Iturbe ahead of him is light as a feather but can snap a shot away and turn on a sixpence. It makes me actually select a team instead of bundling the highest overall rating players in everywhere they'll fit.

• Upvote 1

Finally had a couple of games, including a barnstorming 1-0 win over 'Hounslow'. Certainly feels like PES, and games have a really nice flow to them, with some great incidental touches in the way players behave / react.

Tried looking for the answer elsewhere with no joy: I can't get the timing on backheels - are they context / player ability sensitive? Tried them when it would be quicker for the player to flick the ball back, but they pivot and half-turn, which pretty much defeats the object.

This is gray in single player, but absolutely broken online. It's basically a reimagining of NBA Jam, but with a too-close camera, and shonky controls.

Offline - as good as ever

Online - Shiite

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can anyone comment on console compared to pc? I'm playing on pc but feel I'm missing a great game due to the pc version being so inferior. Broken keepers, terrible refs, virtually no fouls, every player appears to be able to strike the ball like a rocket - what happened to relying on minanda and costolo as your main hitmen, the rest of the team merely making up the numbers? It used to be a struggle, but a damn rewarding one.

Not bothered about the graphics, just the gameplay, pes has never felt this unrewarding to me (edit; pre 2006). I've only played two games online due to the sheer pain of it all, talk about goal fest.

So, are the console versions any different?

I'm really enjoying this. It's fun and you can definitely find your own style of football in this. Players like Ozil can really stand out and Giroud was beastly in the air. Still getting used to the nuances but it plays a genuinely great game of football.

Tried looking for the answer elsewhere with no joy: I can't get the timing on backheels - are they context / player ability sensitive? Tried them when it would be quicker for the player to flick the ball back, but they pivot and half-turn, which pretty much defeats the object.

Any advice on this one? I know Skrtel or Lovren probably can't do a backheel without kittens or fairies being sacrificed, but it would be useful to have the move in the locker to get out of tight passing situations.

Loving how much this feels like Pro Evo of old, only played a handful of games but already had several incidental moments that have made me love the Fox engine. This feels like football.

Back heels will nearly always occur, regardless of player ability, if you are pointing in the right direction (ie at an angel greater than 90 from where the player is facing) and you release the pass button before the player receives the ball. Never had an issue with it. Sometimes you get a lumbering defender that already gets into his turn animation before the button is released and you can't break out of that, but in most cases I've found it to be fine. Sometimes, I'd rather they turned and passed rather than backheeled but the opposite occurs.

• Upvote 1

Ah okay, must be my timing is off. I got it to work a couple of times around the pelanty area and it worked beautifully. Will fire up a training session and give it a practice.

Remembered the dummy button the other day, that was a go-to 'trick' back in the day :D These new-fangled skill moves are just a nightmare to pull off for this fat-fingered PES hasbeen :blah:

Backheels only really happen with lightly tapped passes, anything longer and you'll get the player turning as you hold the button down. You can do longer ones sometimes but usually it's the quick passing around the area that results in the flicks and layoffs.

• Upvote 1

Ah okay, must be my timing is off. I got it to work a couple of times around the pelanty area and it worked beautifully. Will fire up a training session and give it a practice.

Remembered the dummy button the other day, that was a go-to 'trick' back in the day :D These new-fangled skill moves are just a nightmare to pull off for this fat-fingered PES hasbeen :blah:

I think the new skills are a master stroke because they actually make sense. With auto-feint on just think of the right stick like this:

Forwards (running direction) -> Put foot on ball

Backwards -> Drag back

Sidewards -> Side-step

Then follow that up with the left stick to direct your spin, feint or whatever. I'm generalising a bit since there are nuances depending on what you do with the left stick or if you hit 45 degree angles with the right-stick but it should make sense after a while, whilst never being easy to pull off successfully. (You'll feel like a king when you do!) :D

Also, similar to the dummy you can press L1 + R1 when receiving a ball to let it run past but you automatically chase it.

• Upvote 1

On my Master League Cavani has come in and banged the goals in earning the prestigious nickname '8th King of Rome'. Naturally a bona fide legend like Francesco Totti is deserving of something equally grandiose

BE1Evr9.jpg

Had another couple of Europa League games tonight, 0-0, 1-0, yay exciting football. Really though, the game just feels right, with fumbled shots, deflections and those moments that make the games feel real. Each side I've played has offered a different approach, meaning I've had to adapt and not just been able to play the same way. Getting in to the groove with passing (still no backheels, especially not when running down the wing and looking for a quick knock back, clearly I is spaz), and stung the 'keepers' hands with a few rasping shots. So glad to have Pro Evo back :wub: