Shadow_Warrior_2_logo.png

By Flying Wild Hog

Official Site | Steam | GoG

Release Date: October 13, 2016

ABOUT

STORY

Five years have passed since Lo Wang shattered the alliance between his deceitful former boss and the ancient gods of the shadow realm. Despite noble intentions, Lo Wang's efforts to annihilate the darkness corrupted the world, creating a strange and savage new order where humans and demons live side by side.

The once feared warrior now lives in the shifting wildlands outside the reach of his enemies and the neon glow of Zilla's cybernetic metropolis, scratching out a meager existence as a hired sword for the local Yakuza clans. When a simple mission goes wrong, Lo Wang is drawn into a volatile conflict between a brilliant young scientist, a controversial cult leader, and a terrifying new drug known as Shade. The sharp-tongued hero must once again wield lethal blades, staggering firepower, and archaic magic to purge the world of evil.

BLADES AND BULLETS

Lo Wang delivers his own brand full throttle brutality with an expanded array of over 70 lethal blades and explosive firearms to overcome the demonic opposition. Become a whirlwind of steel and blood with razor sharp katana, short swords, crescent blades, and hand claws or unleash a hellish symphony of ornate firearms to decimate your enemies.

FOUR PLAYER CO-OP

Battle through the expansive campaign alone or team up as a four-player typhoon of destruction online in campaign co-op mode. Tackle challenging primary missions or thrilling side quests while maintaining your own ninja style with customizable armor, items, and valuable loot from your triumphs.

PROCEDURAL ENVIRONMENT

The breach between the human and demon realms created an interdimensional hernia resulting in constant shifts to the world of Shadow Warrior 2. Procedurally generated landscapes and paths bring new twists and turns to once familiar terrain and routine missions.

BULLET DAMAGE SYSTEM

Choose your weapon based on the situation at hand and then dismantle everything that stands in your path with an advanced gore system. Use precision blade strikes to separate limbs and heads or switch to heavy ordinance and blow a hole right through colossal beasts.

CUSTOM UPGRADE SYSTEM

Upgrade weapons in your arsenal with up to three stones at once to improve performance or augment them with devastating elemental effects. Collect karma, amulets, and armor to enhance Lo Wang’s power and shift his death-dealing artistry into overdrive.

IMAGES

Spoiler

image_shadow_warrior_2-28528-3255_0001.j

image_shadow_warrior_2-28528-3255_0002.j

image_shadow_warrior_2-28528-3255_0003.j

image_shadow_warrior_2-28528-3255_0004.j

image_shadow_warrior_2-28528-3255_0005.j

VIDEOS

Spoiler

What's a Doom? 

I thought the first one was shit. Sorry.

Get out.

Nah I can see why. I enjoyed the first few hours but then it started to overstay its welcome. The gunplay was superb though. The only reason I'm excited by the sequel is because of all the improvements they seem to be making and, of course, more Wang one-liners.

See, I thought the sword stuff was ok, but the weapon feedback was really lacking. The SMG felt like it was tickling the enemy before they just fell to pieces. Satisfying it wasn't, especially when 30 of them attack you at once. Oh yeah and standing next to anything that blew up killed you instantly. Catching a fucking push bike with your sword made it explode and kill you! WOT? Then you'd have a 60 second load time (PS4 version) before you got to play it again. The upgrade system was unbelievable stingy. I got to chapter 7 before calling it a day so I gave it a fair crack.

Killing floor has the best gun feedback still. Not played the sequel yet but that's the benchmark for me in terms of weight/damage. Shadow Warrior felt more L4D-ish which is probably good considering the move to four player co op.

I was referring more to the graphics though with my comment. For a small studio it looks superb.

See, I thought the sword stuff was ok, but the weapon feedback was really lacking. The SMG felt like it was tickling the enemy before they just fell to pieces. Satisfying it wasn't, especially when 30 of them attack you at once. Oh yeah and standing next to anything that blew up killed you instantly. Catching a fucking push bike with your sword made it explode and kill you! WOT? Then you'd have a 60 second load time (PS4 version) before you got to play it again. The upgrade system was unbelievable stingy. I got to chapter 7 before calling it a day so I gave it a fair crack.

Bitch please. You're dissing this and you don't like Wolfenstein ?

Take your lame fuckin ass outside.

To be fair I do agree with the guns feedback needing more oomph to them, the sword play was stunning though. Played most of the game using only the sword basically

From the first 30 seconds alone it's kind of already showing Doom how it's done. :o

EDIT: Yup GOTY material right there. I'm kind of in shock of how good this looks in terms of... everything. Already hoping this does well for them and it's kind of insane they didn't get any stage presence during any of the press conferences.

The last one was massively underrated, one of those rare games that continually ramps up until it was pretty much Painkiller x Bulletstorm. With regards to weedy weapons they did get meatier the more you upgraded them, I couldn't imagine complaining about the 'oomphf' of the revolver or the crossbow bolt thing, they were headshot heaven.

• 9 months later...

This looks so god damned good. Loving the movement mechanics, it just goes. I also like how they made the trope of the 'voice in your ear' to literally be a person stuck inside your head. 

It's mostly footage we've already seen but without the journalist ramblings. 

• 3 months later...

Hmm looks a bit more pedestrian compared to the earlier showings. Just seems more... slow? Maybe because It's being played on a console? I dunno. It's probably just DOOM playing its tricks on me! The enemy variety seems great though as do the weapon and combat abilities. DOOM, while amazing, felt a bit samey after a while in those aspects. 

I will do everything in my power to abuse the fuck out of that dash ability. That's going to be ridiculous in 4-player co-op lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This is out October 13th! Consoles to follow next year (extra gibs for Neo and Scorpio probably).

Flying Wild Hog and Devolver have announced the release date for the PC version of Shadow Warrior 2. The game is due out October 13 on Steam, GOG, and Humble, priced $40/£35/€37.

The deluxe edition, priced $50/£45/€47, includes the soundtrack, the Art of Shadow Warrior 2 digital book, and a pack of three gold skins. These are the gold ninja skin, gold katana, and a gold MP7.

From now until launch, you can pre-order Shadow Warrior 2 for 10 percent off. You get the Razorback chainsaw katana as a bonus. If you own Flying Wild Hog’s previous games Shadow Warrior and/or Hard Reset Redux, you’ll be getting another 10 percent off.

ShadowWarrior2_PreOrder_Razorback.png?t=

Shadow Warrior 2 is the expanded sequel to the 2013 remake, and features four player co-op and more open levels.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be released early next year.

• 1 month later...