rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

WATTAM

Looks like Noby Noby Boy but with a few more goals. Very charming and what a great word Wattam is.

Nice to see Keita Takahashi making games again.

• Upvote 4

This looks (and sounds) so cool. Info from PS Blog:

Hey everyone! This is Robin & Keita back to chat with you about our new title, Wattam, coming to PS4 next year.

Last time we posted, you got a brief glimpse into the life of the Mayor of Wattam a happy-go-lucky green cube with a spectacular bomb under its hat. Since then we have been working very hard on the game, anticipating the moment when we would share more with you. And a couple of weeks ago, we had our first hands-on demonstration of Wattam at a small event in Los Angeles.

We were so nervous.

But the response has been lovely! People immediately took to Wattams joyful, silly, and exploratory nature. And since then, fans have been peppering us with questions about the game, what its about, and how it works. So without giving too much away here is a little Q&A about the strange and wonderful game we are making for you:

What in the heck is going on?

Its an epic story which we wont spoil here, but after a series of unfortunate events, there was a gigantic explosion which spread the people of Wattam all across the galaxy. As a result of this crazy BOOM, only a few people, a few pieces of world, and the Mayor are left when you begin the game.

What is the point of this crazy game?

Your task is to help the Mayor and Deputies bring all the people and places of Wattam back together again.

How on earth do you bring Wattam back together again?

By climbing, stacking, and chaining groups of people! Once you have a big collection, you can detonate it using the Mayor and Deputies. This will attract people who are hanging out in space, searching for their long lost home. There will be several worlds to unlock, starting with the 4 Seasons. The world you are seeing in these screenshots is Spring.

Explode to attract people and grow the world? Thats insane!

It is a bit strange this idea of making a big BOOM in order to bring people closer together but these explosions will be so stunning that *anyone* would want to get a closer look. By building crazy chains and stacks, and then blowing them up, you will fill the sky with joy. This is what unlocks new people, new levels and eventually new worlds to play in.

Is connecting people fun?

But of course! First of all, connecting people lets you experiment with the physics of the world in interesting and silly ways. Second you can see how their special actions (moves like Grow or Bounce or Party) interact. Last but not least, each character has a unique riff that they contribute to a larger melody mashup when they connect. So you actually create the musical landscape of the Wattam as you play. F-f-fresh!

So what makes Wattam challenging?

Each world has a series of characters that are hidden or asleep. To discover them and wake them up, you will need to experiment with combinations of people. A good example is the Flower people who start off as sleeping sprouts until you rain on them with the Cloud. A lot of the game will progress in this fashion. There are also special boss characters, who are hard to connect with. But we will talk more about that next time

Anything else?

Yes! You will be able to play the game all the way through on your own but you can also play with friends and family, while sitting on the couch together. This means you can work collectively to achieve Wattams goals and unlock the story or just spend time running around, building crazy shapes and exploding to your hearts content.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-wattam-from-robin-hunicke-keita-takahashi/?emcid=social_20150611_47362066&adbid=609027869956644865&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

• Upvote 1

WATTAM ATTER YOU

GOTTA NO RESPECT

WATTAM YOU THINK YOU DO

WHY YOU LOOKA SO SAD

ITSA NOTTA BAD

ITSA NICEA PLACE

AH SHADDUP YOU FACE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GamesGamesGames said:

A whole lot of fun, but it's fiddly and creaky to the point of needing a patch.

So just like Noby Noby Boy then? Excellent.

Yeah I'm a big fan of NobyNoby boy so I purchased this no questions asked. Played about 2 hours and I just love it, there was 1 'puzzle' about 30min that almost killed it for me where I just couldn't figure out what was being asked of me. After that it was plain sailing. The only technical issues is that the game freezes for a couple of seconds during certain moments (like completing a puzzle) but it isn't a problem for me. Sure it's crazy and absurd but I like how it's not too self aware (like Adventure Time etc cartoons), it just comes across as very charming and sweet. It's a very happy positive joyful game too, you can't fail or die. I actually think it's a better game than NobyNoby as it's constantly throwing new ideas at you rather than focusing on a single concept.

Finished this last night, in total took me about

hours? I was glad it was short, I think it was becoming a danger of outstaying it's welcome but thankfully never did. You can continue playing after, I'm guessing to just obtain every single character though knowing this game there is probably more to it then that. I think it's a great game to play with someone else watching/helping figure out the 'puzzles'.

If anyone fancies this on PC, it can be had for £5.99 on the Epic Games store, courtesy of the store offering a free £10 voucher towards any game of £15.99 up (and doing so then generates a new £10 voucher, and so on...). Just make sure to log in and claim your voucher in the first place! 

I've bought it, despite the fact my PC died a few weeks ago: something to look forward to when I replace the motherboard! 

• Upvote 1

Anyone a bit stuck in this?

I've made the golden poo's by flushing the food in the toilets but now the Apple Mayor is missing, so I can't explode his bowler hat to topple the 4 stacked poo?

Wow.

That has to be my best ask for help ever.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Anyone a bit stuck in this?

I've made the golden poo's by flushing the food in the toilets but now the Apple Mayor is missing, so I can't explode his bowler hat to topple the 4 stacked poo?

Wow.

That has to be my best ask for help ever.

You can press right on the d-pad to look at your collection of characters, and select the one you need. 

• Upvote 1