Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

where's the best place to farm large titanite shards? I'm as far as the 

Reveal hidden contents

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

Have you been to the optional area? The one with the initials SL?  There's a shit ton there. 

Thre area you are in throws them at you too. Have you been through it yet? You don't really need to farm once you've been through there. You'll have enough for at least 1 maybe 2 weapons worth combined with SL

49 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Have you been to the optional area? The one with the initials SL?  There's a shit ton there. 

Thre area you are in throws them at you too. Have you been through it yet? You don't really need to farm once you've been through there. You'll have enough for at least 1 maybe 2 weapons worth combined with SL

Haven't been to the optional area. How do I get there? 

On 24/04/2016 at 7:44 PM, Rsdio said:

A man after my own heart, I'm fucking terrible for this with all games. I finished the first Dark Souls carrying an absolute tonne of humanity and was staggered to read what kindling bonfires did, I assumed it made it more difficult or something :lol:

One of the themes of these games is repetition, isn't it? Well I'm up to ADoG and have just used my first undead bone shard :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Hide contents

Remember the rope bridge just before the boss room in the Catacombs? Go back and twat it with your sword. 

Front he far side though! Or you can

Spoiler

Let the weight of the skellies make  it break. :)

Spoiler

can you actually walk across the bridge?

I went round the outside both times. I just expected it to break. 

Speaking of CoC. At the very bottom below the bridge there appeared to be some kind of swamp area with an enemy and some items. I never made it down there. How do you get there?

The frost guy - if you've got time on your hand, it's possible to get off a couple of arrows - if you shoot from outside the door of the room he gets annoyed but walks it off. Repeat. 

I think I've missed another dialogue trigger - crestfallen's dialogue is exactly the same as when I first met him, no change at all. Yet I've seen at least two further comments by him along with 

Spoiler

a ring he gives you after defeating the Abyss Walkers

But for me, same thing. In fact that's probably my only minor gripe with the game, it would have been nice if the Firelink cats would have had a bit more change in their dialogue. That's about the only criticism I have for the game, and it's not really anything!

Same for me with Crestfallen. He just mentions something about me being a joke and not fit to lick the Kings' boots.

It also turns out that I've got a lovely Dark Sword just sat in my inventory. Time to level it up and take it for a spin.

9 minutes ago, Goose said:

The frost guy - if you've got time on your hand, it's possible to get off a couple of arrows - if you shoot from outside the door of the room he gets annoyed but walks it off. Repeat. 

I think I've missed another dialogue trigger - crestfallen's dialogue is exactly the same as when I first met him, no change at all. Yet I've seen at least two further comments by him along with 

Hide contents

a ring he gives you after defeating the Abyss Walkers

But for me, same thing. In fact that's probably my only minor gripe with the game, it would have been nice if the Firelink cats would have had a bit more change in their dialogue. That's about the only criticism I have for the game, and it's not really anything!

Talk to him a few more times. I had the same thing, and had to completely exhaust his dialogue.

The Firelink NPC's dialogue changes dramatically - just not for ages, and usually not until you've done something specific.

I feel like I've gone from a run of easy bosses to my Waterloo. Can't make a dent in NK.

I just went back to him and his dialogue has changed! He mentioned something about a tunnel under the Lothric wall or something. Where is that then, I thought I'd totally scoured that area way back? Is it something that becomes apparent later on? I'm just working my way through CoC at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Jon said:

I just went back to him and his dialogue has changed! He mentioned something about a tunnel under the Lothric wall or something. Where is that then, I thought I'd totally scoured that area way back? Is it something that becomes apparent later on? I'm just working my way through CoC at the moment.

Spoiler

I think that is the sewers, where the rats are.

It is by the bridge near those big dudes that throw the pots.   The graveyard is also nearby (the place that the giant is firing upon).

There is a door in the sewers that you need a key for.

1 hour ago, Andy XC said:
  Hide contents

I think that is the sewers, where the rats are.

It is by the bridge near those big dudes that throw the pots.   The graveyard is also nearby (the place that the giant is firing upon).

There is a door in the sewers that you need a key for.

Where the regenerating skeletons are? I opened that path ages ago. Unless something new is down there now, that seems a bit odd.

Anyway, I've been trying to get into my mate's game tonight, but it just isn't working.

I've left my white soap stone marker right where he is, but he can't see anything. We've tried it with and without a password. Made sure we're both kindled. But nothing. My sign just isn't appearing for him. Is there anything else I need to do?

NK took me ages and I thought I'd never beat him. When I did it, I had zero estus left and no health. It felt amazing.

Ive been helping people with him since. It's a spectacular fight.

@KartoffelKopf re the bridge in CoC 

Spoiler

Heh I was the same but eventually tried it to see what happens.  I was hoping it'd drop me below, not realising how far down Smoldering Lake was! 

Does that mean you've never seen the horde that come across the bridge? I thought it was triggered by crossing.. 

@Jon re summoning woes. 

Spoiler

One of you hollow by any chance? Password matching has been super flakey for me with buddies who are severely hollowed (and I'm cured) 

@Davros sock drawer re LC 'Guardians' 

Spoiler

What enemies do you mean, exactly? Not the dragons, surely. 

My adventures in AP have been lovely, what a great area! 

Spoiler

I doubt I'd have found this area if I hadn't heard a rumour of an area accessible with a gesture, ha.  But I did feel satisfied that I worked it out from that bit of info alone! 

That Wyvern boss was great!  Neat idea and quite the spectacle. 

I've reached the third fire, and have had great adventures clearing out the shinies! Finally got the ring of steel protection, one of my favourite items! :wub: those big brother crystal geckos are so cool, and surprisingly tough.  Love those sorcerer enemies that summon tough npc opponents! Poor Ricard. 

GA is awesome and seems massive, too.  Unlocked the first lift shortcut so far.  

Spoiler

The wax though.. Lol. Will the purpose of it become obvious, or is it something subtle and not required? I don't want a direct answer.  Riddle me a hint! 

Gear wise I'm rocking 3 maxed weapons, longsword, estoc, and the Dancer's weapon (so awesome looking!). One more slab and I'll be putting (LC treasure) the 

Spoiler

Sunlight straight sword

to +5 too, and will then commence furious sunbro action.  Just need a bit more faith to wield it. 

50 hours on the clock.  Don't want it to finish!  Also, re something I found in Untended Graves (again):

Spoiler

The fire keeper keeps asking me to kill her since I gave her the eyes.  Oh god Oh god I kinda want to help her but I cant lose level up ability! :( I also want the old firelink music back.. :(:(

1 hour ago, dood said:

@KartoffelKopf re the bridge in CoC 

Reveal hidden contents

Heh I was the same but eventually tried it to see what happens.  I was hoping it'd drop me below, not realising how far down Smoldering Lake was! 

Does that mean you've never seen the horde that come across the bridge? I thought it was triggered by crossing.. 

@Jon re summoning woes. 

Reveal hidden contents

One of you hollow by any chance? Password matching has been super flakey for me with buddies who are severely hollowed (and I'm cured) 

@Davros sock drawer re LC 'Guardians' 

Reveal hidden contents

What enemies do you mean, exactly? Not the dragons, surely. 

My adventures in AK have been lovely, what a great area! 

Reveal hidden contents

I doubt I'd have found this area if I hadn't heard a rumour of an area accessible with a gesture, ha.  But I did feel satisfied that I worked it out from that bit of info alone! 

That Wyvern boss was great!  Neat idea and quite the spectacle. 

I've reached the third fire, and have had great adventures clearing out the shinies! Finally got the ring of steel protection, one of my favourite items! :wub: those big brother crystal geckos are so cool, and surprisingly tough.  Love those sorcerer enemies that summon tough npc opponents! Poor Ricard. 

GA is awesome and seems massive, too.  Unlocked the first lift shortcut so far.  

Reveal hidden contents

The wax though.. Lol. Will the purpose of it become obvious, or is it something subtle and not required? I don't want a direct answer.  Riddle me a hint! 

Gear wise I'm rocking 3 maxed weapons, longsword, estoc, and the Dancer's weapon (so awesome looking!). One more slab and I'll be putting (LC treasure) the 

Reveal hidden contents

Sunlight straight sword

to +5 too, and will then commence furious sunbro action.  Just need a bit more faith to wield it. 

50 hours on the clock.  Don't want it to finish!  Also, re something I found in Untended Graves (again):

Reveal hidden contents

The fire keeper keeps asking me to kill her since I gave her the eyes.  Oh god Oh god I kinda want to help her but I cant lose level up ability! :( I also want the old firelink music back.. :(:(

I can't figure out how to remove all those spoiler tags on my phone, but in response to the comment aimed at me.

We were both embered up, so that shouldn't have been a problem.

All the info I've looked at has been pretty vague, but someone mentioned it doesn't work if your levels are too far apart. I'm up in the 40's now and he's only just got to the HWoL, so could that be a problem?

Can I have multiple saves on the go? I don't want to lose progress on my main character.

@Jon just use the @ tagging mate! Easier. :)

Anyway, I don't mean using embers..

Spoiler

I mean if you've taken free levels and never healed the dark sigil. Did you heal yours? Does your mate have the sigil too?  I'm convinced having a high hollowing stat fucks up multiplayer in some way. 

I cured mine a while back, and he won't have it yet as he's only just got to Firelink for the first time.

Any other ideas what it could be?

What about covenants? Do I need to be in a specific one or none at all? I'm currently rocking Rosario's Fingers, if that makes any difference.