Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

25 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

Why do people play offline or have issues with summoning? You are missing a massive part of the fun of the series, the jolly co-op, funny messages and of course invasions!

I can't stand the messages. They ruin the look of the game, and are literally spoilers. I had them on for a bit with DaS2 and they drove me nuts. The height of the wit on display seems to be stuff like "Tongue but hole" over and over again.

Summoning removes all sense of satisfaction from victory for me. I summoned an NPC for Manus in DaS1, and I still regret it.

10 hours ago, Hexx said:

If you're not worried about exploring/getting items it's not that hard to follow the route to the 3 things IMO.

I'd suggest avoiding very nasty enemy near the last one.

Thanks dude. In the next area proper now.

I just got killed by a:

Spoiler

Rolling boulder that came down behind me. I heard it, but didn't react in time and got knocked off the platform. I thought, God damn you From! So I went back there carefully so as to get my 20k souls back, and then dodged to the left of the boulder's path and grabbed my souls, thinking I was oh so clever, only for the boulder to come back the other way and knock me off the platform again. :lol:

Was all excited about Amazon finally dispatching the guide today until I glanced back at the product page. Seems the jump from Futurepress to Prima has seen a significant dip in quality. Bit of a shame if it really is as bad as people are making out.

3 hours ago, dood said:

I googled it after healing myself (keeping first play actions genuine.. Heh) 

Hide contents

Nobody knows yet, lol.  Aside from the obvious zombification

:D

Hmmm, I might just keep rocking it then and see where it leads.

Whats the worst that could happen?!

3 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Down, or just gone?

I asked this earlier, but where does he go? Does he come back with a vengeance later for tickling his belly with arrows?

I did AW first go here. Alone. 8-)

For anyone who read my last post spoiler an update to the hilarity:

Spoiler

I've been putting down my summon sign at the start of the area and the trap that got me good is currently killing every single person who's been summoning me. I've not progressed past it with anyone yet because of this and I'm too busy pissing myself laughing to put down a warning.

I put my summon sign there then so I already watched it kill 5 people in a row which has been great fun. However, the last person who just summoned me must have already known about the trap along with the second person they were waiting near it with - so they summoned me next to it, ran down, then it still got them both on the way back. I could barely breath :lol:

1 hour ago, Mentazm said:

I've summoned for every single boss I think. I don't have the time to spend 30+ attempts on a boss, I'd rather race to the end of the game, then do some solo boss fights when I know what I'm doing.

This is entirely reasonable, of course. I mean, they put co-op in for a reason. And everyone should play these games they way they want and get out of them whatever it is they enjoy. Some want lore, some want strategic combat, some have no interest in being challenged but love exploring. 'Sall good. I find the idea of racing to the end of a game like this mindboggling, but loads of people play it the same way you do, as a cursory view of Youtube shows.

After one playthrough, I reckon this is probably the best of the five 'Soulsborne' games. I also reckon very few people will agree with this. People who played Dark Souls first will insist it's still the best, just like Demon's Souls is still my personal favourite, but really, if you played this first then went back to the others you'd find their level design and bosses somewhat inconsistent. Except Demon's Souls, obviously. ;) I thought the (mostly visual and superficial) references to previous games really enhanced the poignancy of this being the last game, but already I'm hearing complaints about DS3 being too fanservice-heavy to the detriment of series lore (they're games, for fuck's sake - lighten up). Truth is, the quality here is closest to perfect they've managed yet (PVE anyway - haven't done much PVP yet).

I remember when it was first announced I was totally cynical. How could they possibly pump out another high quality title so fast? Why were they so determined to Ubisoft the franchise? Er, yeah. About that. I was very, very wrong.

So tonight I reached two new places.  Irithyll and Smoldering L.  Fucking hell. The real Dark Souls starts here! 

Think I messed up a quest line though, involving an npc you find in Smoldering.. 

Spoiler

Found Horace after beating the catacombs boss, and now the girl has disappeared.  Bollocks.  I wonder if, to save him, you have to find him, run away and then talk to her.. Something for next time through I guess! 

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

My Uchigatana +4 is now a Sharp Uchigatana +4, and scales really nicely with dex. :D

That sounds bleeding good.   ;)

@Dood  I've just finished Irithyll and it contains probably the worst enemy so far, still didn't feel as cheap as Dark souls 2 managed though. The area itself was fun though.  :D

16 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Somehow missed the entire CotD area, love how you can sit down thinking I'll just check out if I missed anything and find an area that takes all night to finish.

I missed this completely too, had to use my guide to backtrack to progress.