Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

Completed it, mate.

Loved most of it with a fair amount of hating as well.

My personal standout was, when getting to the chamber location in Lonor Ando that, in Dark Souls 1, had someone waiting for you someone had left a message which made me lol:

Spoiler

No chest ahead

15 hours ago, Strafe said:

Completed it, mate.

Loved most of it with a fair amount of hating as well.

My personal standout was, when getting to the chamber location in Lonor Ando that, in Dark Souls 1, had someone waiting for you someone had left a message which made me lol:

Reveal hidden contents

No chest ahead

If you're hungry for more then you should check out the two DLC chapters. They're both hard as nails but feature some of the best boss fights in the series, The Ringed City, especially.

52 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

If you're hungry for more then you should check out the two DLC chapters. They're both hard as nails but feature some of the best boss fights in the series, The Ringed City, especially.

I’m tempted but after doing 1 and 3 back to back I need to take a week or two off first I think!

17 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’m tempted but after doing 1 and 3 back to back I need to take a week or two off first I think!

I had the exact same kind of Over Souls-ing when I played BB->DS3->DS Switch :D

3 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

I'm reaching the end of my second DS3 playthrough but have never played the DLC. Assume it's the usual From thing where I need to do the the DLC prior to the final boss?

No. After beating the final boss, you'll be asked if you want to start a new journey (NG+) or continue the current one.

• 1 month later...

Try luring them out individually with the bow, spell or throwing knives. Fair warning, if you find that bit triggering then Dark Souls 3 might not be your cup of tea. I think its great but I also hate it at the same time, I don't think I've ever been more frustated at a game!

4 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Try luring them out individually with the bow, spell or throwing knives. Fair warning, if you find that bit triggering then Dark Souls 3 might not be your cup of tea. I think its great but I also hate it at the same time, I don't think I've ever been more frustated at a game!

Its funny. Iv bought every single instalment but don't actually really like th games.

I finished demon souls, finished Bloodborne, not finished any of the others....

Yeah for me its the bosses that usually spoil it, I much prefer the exploration and world combat. I'm in the middle of Demons Souls at the moment and finding it a better balance than the more recent games in terms of boss difficulty and other places to progress if you get stuck. Looking forward to Elden Ring as it sounds like it will incorporate more of those elements. Still haven't beaten Sekiro because I just find fighting the bosses pretty tedious. 

3 hours ago, Benny said:

Just to buck the sentiment in here for a moment: Dark Souls 3 is fucking amazing. Especially the last DLC. And the bosses include some of the best in gaming in general.

Just started the final DLC and they really did knock it out the park. The opening of the second part with the fire archers and the giant is a fantastic set up. The artwork is truly breathtaking in parts.

I've been watching the playthrough below on and off on Youtube of Dark Souls 3 recently. Its been great to re-live it and Mapocolops really takes his time getting into the lore and exploring everything. I've seen quite a few new things I missed on my playthrough and different character/NPC routes. Also I had never played Dark Souls 1 when I played Dark Souls 3 so its been cool to see how the game references the original and soak up that juicy lore. He's up to Dancer now in the game. Mapocolops has some other good playthroughs as well like Alien Isolation, would recommend.

17 minutes ago, carlospie said:

How do you tell which wizard is the real one on the boss?!

It fires purple magic, the clones fire blue. Using throwing knives for the clones is handy or running attacks, if you;re struggling here it may be your build, unfortunately it is easy to create an underpowered character in all the souls games if you don't know the intracacies of the stat system, which new players won't.

So, what is your build, where are your stats placed and what weapon are you using?

16 minutes ago, Minion said:

It fires purple magic, the clones fire blue. Using throwing knives for the clones is handy or running attacks, if you;re struggling here it may be your build, unfortunately it is easy to create an underpowered character in all the souls games if you don't know the intracacies of the stat system, which new players won't.

So, what is your build, where are your stats placed and what weapon are you using?

All pumped into strength with a shield and an axe. 

52 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Yeh +1 fire. I got the evil wizard down to a quarter health just need to play a bit more chilled out!

Ahh that's a problem, you only want to infuse it if you are pumping the pyromancy stats Faith and Intelligence. If you are pumping all your stats into Strength then you should infuse your weapon with a Heavy gem if you have any, you might have to get Andre to use a Shriving Stone to remove the fire infusion first I don't recall. You should remove the fire infusion though as it will be reducing your damage. Maybe try another weapon, I strongly recommend the Claymore, you can infuse that with heavy or just use normal titanite. If it's not in your inventory I can tell you where to find it as it's in the first level. Actually I'll just spoiler it below:

Spoiler

Where the dragon is at the High Wall of Lothric, up the stairs there are a bunch of items you can grab but you WILL GET KILLED, so do a suicide run when you have spent or lost your souls, the Claymore is right at the back on the left as you run up the stairs. It's better to time a run up the stairs and run towards the cell door which you can open, you will take damage but you should make it, from in that room, you can heal then run out and get the items. The Claymore is great!