Jump to content
rllmuk
Bojangle

Dark Souls 3

Recommended Posts

I've been playing the Cinders mod of DS3 on PC and its kicking my ass all over the place. Either i'm way out of practice or the diffcuty has been artificially ramped up. Getting killed by dogs is not a good look. :blush: Didn't help i started with a Whip, which is sooooo cumbersome to use.

 

I think i might restart as a different class (of which there are many).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I've been playing the Cinders mod of DS3 on PC and its kicking my ass all over the place. Either i'm way out of practice or the diffcuty has been artificially ramped up. Getting killed by dogs is not a good look. :blush: Didn't help i started with a Whip, which is sooooo cumbersome to use.

 

I think i might restart as a different class (of which there are many).

Hehe, yeah I installed it to make sure it worked and was overwhelmed by the class options!  And then you start in a different place entirely! Had to switch it off. It has to wait until I've finished Daughters of Ash and then Scholar of the First Sin <grimace.emoji>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone offered me help with SoC and I took it, and surprisingly I don't feel all dirty because of it, which is a good thing. I think my desire to finish a Souls game got the better of me.
 

I was surprised at the summon sign at the first flame and:

 

Spoiler

I think the Firekeeper put out the first flame?! Oops.

 

Anyway, I then popped to Archdragon Peak but in truth, I'm finding I want a bit of a break from the more stressful bits of this so will either take a complete break or just knock around helping people with some of the bosses I'd like to see again as a Phantom. If the Archdragon Peak boss is the hardest in the game (not including DLC), then I definitely need a bit off a break before I face of against them.

 

 

42 hours so far. Not bad for a game that I paid £7.50 for!

 

And thanks to everyone for all the advice!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've not finished it yet though. Get to the last area, stat!

 

Edit: ah I see you have. It might be hard, but the level of epic in the secret area is off the scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @HarryBizzle it's been a hell of a ride, I get how you feel Archdragon Peak is almost like a DLC level in that it is harder and the enemies hit harder than any in the game, and yes the boss is generally thought to be the hardest out of all the non-DLC ones, but still it's a great area with some nice surprises along the way. Glad you enjoyed and beat the game shame it seems a bit dead on xbox as jolly coop and pvp is where the game really starts to shine after your first playthrough.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few people on Xbox LFG, so I think I might spend some time hooking up with people for some co-op action and maybe ruin some people’s day by using some of these red eye orbs I’ve got. 
 

Spent some time mucking about this evening and picked this armour set up:

 

cqMlaXz.jpg
 

I’m also trying to pick a cool armour set to buy from the handmaiden but it’s a bit of a chore adding all the weights together to figure out what I can wear without fat rolling. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're delaying the endgame, don't you have DLC to deal with before that?

 

Also, you should ALWAYS take a break from your journey and remind yourself which areas or bosses gave you shit, then warp there and lay down your summon sign, so you can jolly coop and brighten up someone's day (especially in that outfit). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen the credits roll but am holding off doing ADP. I’m not sure if or when I’m going to do the DLC as the boss is meant to be nails and at the moment I’m not really feeling it. I’m more interested in playing DS:R, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 2 DLC's. The second one The Ringed City is a pig. But you could stick your nose in the first. Nice change of scenery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Curtis said:

There are 2 DLC's. The second one The Ringed City is a pig. But you could stick your nose in the first. Nice change of scenery.

 

The Ringed City is fantastic. Why didn't you like it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

 

The Ringed City is fantastic. Why didn't you like it?

I did. But its very cuntish at the start with

 

the lasers from the sky

Thats why i said tackle Ashes first.

 

Note: The Ringed City final boss is without a doubt the best boss fight of all FromSoftware's games, and it will stick in my mind forever! Truly epic!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On that cuntish aspect:

 

Spoiler

You can avoid those entirely with the Hidden Body spell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That part was more like a puzzle than anything else, I thought - once you figure out where to go it's pretty simple.

 

I definitely found the first DLC tricker overall, I think:

 

Spoiler

The earthquake Viking giants, the super-fast wolverine enemies (which, I've just realised, they re-used, more or less, as the 'Giraffe' enemies in Sekiro) and the absolute twunt of a final boss. 

 

Ringed City had its moments, but it always felt doable, even against that bastard dragon and Gael, whereas there were bits in AoA that I had to properly grit my teeth through. I couldn't do the final boss without a summon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

There are a few people on Xbox LFG, so I think I might spend some time hooking up with people for some co-op action and maybe ruin some people’s day by using some of these red eye orbs I’ve got. 
 

Spent some time mucking about this evening and picked this armour set up:

 

cqMlaXz.jpg
 

I’m also trying to pick a cool armour set to buy from the handmaiden but it’s a bit of a chore adding all the weights together to figure out what I can wear without fat rolling. 

 

Use this dude,  it will do the calculations for you - https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Minion said:

 

Use this dude,  it will do the calculations for you - https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

Is there a similar tool for Bloodborne? I was trying to figure out if using Bolt Paper on my Saw Cleaver would give it as much damage as my upgraded Tonitrus, but I couldn’t figure out a way to do it without using some Bolt Paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a link for all the various games at the top of the page. 
 

 

ADP is very cool. Got the first “boss” down and have avoided ringing the bell as there’s a message that says everything around me will be destroyed or something if I do. Found a few cool bits and pieces and am currently fighting a Chunky Boi in a suit of armour made of Stone. 
 

I can’t find any explanation for why everyone seems to have died, though. All the “people” sitting around seem to have just died where they are. It’s a bit odd and like the Demons earlier in the game but there’s an explanation for that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah best do the bell once you've explored everywhere. Dark Souls 3 is quite uncharacteristically nice with helpful messages like that compared to previous games in the series.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

There’s a link for all the various games at the top of the page. 
 

 

ADP is very cool. Got the first “boss” down and have avoided ringing the bell as there’s a message that says everything around me will be destroyed or something if I do. Found a few cool bits and pieces and am currently fighting a Chunky Boi in a suit of armour made of Stone. 
 

I can’t find any explanation for why everyone seems to have died, though. All the “people” sitting around seem to have just died where they are. It’s a bit odd and like the Demons earlier in the game but there’s an explanation for that. 

 

There is an explanation, it might become clear once you've done the area, if not we can explain.

 

 

44 minutes ago, JPL said:

Is there a similar tool for Bloodborne? I was trying to figure out if using Bolt Paper on my Saw Cleaver would give it as much damage as my upgraded Tonitrus, but I couldn’t figure out a way to do it without using some Bolt Paper.

 

Yep as @HarryBizzle says here is the link for Bloodborne - https://mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NK is hard! Or at least, the second half of it is. The first is surprisingly easy.

 

I love his character design, too. I’d love to see what he looked like before he got all Hollowy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favourite fights in the whole series. Just ridiculously epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not content with just doing DS1 I started this as well last night. 

 

This feels like the mash up of DS1 and BB I was after. Movement, speed and feel are much more aligned to BB. 

 

Spoiler

Nearly killed that ice thing a couple of times right at the beginning, but then thought better of it. Worked my way to the first boss and took him down on the third attempt. Meandered upwards and found the hunter's dream, I mean Firelink Shrine, where I met the doll, I mean, the level up woman. Anyway, transported somewhere else and cleared both routes up to some big Knight guy who killed me. Thought it was time for bed as I was slightly drunk and it was 2am.

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, APM said:

Not content with just doing DS1 I started this as well last night. 

 

This feels like the mash up of DS1 and BB I was after. Movement, speed and feel are much more aligned to BB. 

 

  Hide contents

Nearly killed that ice thing a couple of times right at the beginning, but then thought better of it. Worked my way to the first boss and took him down on the third attempt. Meandered upwards and found the hunter's dream, I mean Firelink Shrine, where I met the doll, I mean, the level up woman. Anyway, transported somewhere else and cleared both routes up to some big Knight guy who killed me. Thought it was time for bed as I was slightly drunk and it was 2am.

 

 

Awesome! What starting class did you go for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Awesome! What starting class did you go for?

I'm a mercenary. Playing some more now.

 

Spoiler

Killed the Knight and found the next bonfire. Slowly worked my way over the rooftops and through the houses. Found lots of good stuff, so went back to the bonfire to check my rewards. Looks like some big guy in a square with lots of dead bodies around is next in the agenda. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, APM said:

I'm a mercenary. Playing some more now.

 

  Hide contents

Killed the Knight and found the next bonfire. Slowly worked my way over the rooftops and through the houses. Found lots of good stuff, so went back to the bonfire to check my rewards. Looks like some big guy in a square with lots of dead bodies around is next in the agenda. 

 

 

Sweet, Dex prominent to start with then, nice. Do you have the Uchigatana yet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Minion said:

 

Sweet, Dex prominent to start with then, nice. Do you have the Uchigatana yet?

 

No idea what that is. I pay no heed to stats. Just pump everything into health, strength and stamina. 

 

Anyway... 

 

Spoiler

Killed that weird metal thing to get out of the castle. Waved me flag and got taken down to Charnel Lane, I mean some undead place. Making my way through there. Killed a big rat in some sewers and found the second, rather hidden bonfire. 

I got invaded by someone, though. I have network turned off. I killed them because fuck them, but was it another player or... An AI? They were all purple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, APM said:

No idea what that is. I pay no heed to stats. Just pump everything into health, strength and stamina. 

 

Anyway... 

 

  Hide contents

Killed that weird metal thing to get out of the castle. Waved me flag and got taken down to Charnel Lane, I mean some undead place. Making my way through there. Killed a big rat in some sewers and found the second, rather hidden bonfire. 

I got invaded by someone, though. I have network turned off. I killed them because fuck them, but was it another player or... An AI? They were all purple. 

 

That's an NPC, there's a number of NPC invasions in this game. You might want to pay heed to stats a little, there's way more build options in this than in Bloodborne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

That's an NPC, there's a number of NPC invasions in this game. You might want to pay heed to stats a little, there's way more build options in this than in Bloodborne.

Well, I am, just playing it fairly basic and brute forcing my way onwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, APM said:

Well, I am, just playing it fairly basic and brute forcing my way onwards. 

 

haha cool nice one, what weapons you using,, Mercenary is the starting class usually used for Dex builds so thought that's what you were going for but Strength builds are a lot of fun in this, some magnificent weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.