rllmuk
Bojangle

Dark Souls 3

@FozZ heh, that last very last boss on Archdragon Peek was by far the hardest in the entire game for me! Well done. Have fun with the DLC, it's truly an excellent finale to DaS3 specifically and DaS as a series.

• Upvote 2

Well it's great so far, but Sir Vilhelm is kicking my arse right now. He kicks my shield away, stabs me and takes just under my full health bar away, takes 2 estus to heal, and when I get a back stab it does chip damage.

Bit of a jump in difficulty along with those big Wolverine/Kruger wannabee gits hanging about the place

Edit: Naturally after having a moan about him on here, I took him out the next go. Next bonfire found, time to level up then onward! :)

• Upvote 1

Took out the sister/father combo and carried into the Freg Heap. Summoned Gael to help with the two demon bosses and started celebrating when the second went dowb.. only to find there's another phase!

No real people around to help though.

..just tried again and Gael finished off the second demon right as I dealt with mine, but died very shortly after. I don't understand how you're meant to dodge half those fire attacks :unsure:

Hah! Dead as a very dead thing and now standing at the start to the Ringed City :)

I should start posting about bosses before I even try them, I'd take them all down first try the way things are going! 

Has anyone done an SL1 run of this? Its a lot more fun than a Dark Souls 1 SL1 run. Mainly because your stats are 10 in everything, so you can actually use quite a bit of different gear, including spells and pyromancies.

But Its a lot harder than DS1. In that one, the only bosses that gave me much difficulty were the four dickheads and spider woman. O&S were actually really easy - I had spent so much time on them in a normal run, plus the pyromancy in SL1 is so powerful that they go down pretty easily.

I have got to the dancer.... And I have tried at least 50 times but cant beat her. The problem is that almost all of her attacks are one hit KOs, and its very difficult to dodge all of them consistently. I can normally beat her first phase, but the second just destroys me.

Anyone got any tips? Im using a deep broadsword +6. Im tempted to go to Irithyll dungeon to get the dark clutch ring, to see if that will help at all :(

Hi @kempstar yes I have done a SL1 run, I killed all bosses except Gael. Dancer was definitely the first major roadblock, my win was actually not clean at all I've posted the video for you. Advice would be to use both lloyds rings as the shield one allows you to tank some of the hits (as I do multiple times in the video) and obviously the sword one increases your attack, I also used the Flynn's ring and wore nothing to get that extra attack power. My advice is stick to her arse as much as possible in first phase and second phase good luck! You will get there, there's a bit of rng with Dancer along with attacks that are very quick and incredibly hard to read in her final phase, you will do it don't give up!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Hi @kempstar yes I have done a SL1 run, I killed all bosses except Gael. Dancer was definitely the first major roadblock, my win was actually not clean at all I've posted the video for you. Advice would be to use both lloyds rings as the shield one allows you to tank some of the hits (as I do multiple times in the video) and obviously the sword one increases your attack, I also used the Flynn's ring and wore nothing to get that extra attack power. My advice is stick to her arse as much as possible in first phase and second phase good luck! You will get there, there's a bit of rng with Dancer along with attacks that are very quick and incredibly hard to read in her final phase, you will do it don't give up!

Ive been trying to stick to the side of her, as I find from behind its too hard to tell what attack is coming. Why did you use a mix of fire and dark? I switched from raw to deep just because i couldnt be bothered to keep using resins. I have a couple of spare raw gems.

@kempstar I used raw as it had greater damage, then I used the carthus flame arc as it wasn't tied to limited resource and then only used the human pine resin when I thought I had a chance or I would have run out. Sticking to her butt, right side was definitely the best way for me to fight her in the first stage, in the video I get hit several times in the first stage but I had actually mastered not getting hit at all by sticking to her butt and circling to the right whilst she was turning left, the second stage was far trickier. Thing is once you beat her you can get your main up to +9 fairly quickly so she is meant to be very tough but I sequence broke to get those titanite chunks to make irithyll and so on easier, are you sequence breaking too because you could always try getting some better loot and then coming back for her?

I think I have the best loot I can have. Ive got both Lloyds rings, Chloranthy ring and Flynns. Ive got a +6 weapon, only one chunk, and I dont have the DLC on PC, so cant get any more yet.

2 minutes ago, kempstar said:

I think I have the best loot I can have. Ive got both Lloyds rings, Chloranthy ring and Flynns. Ive got a +6 weapon, only one chunk, and I dont have the DLC on PC, so cant get any more yet.

I see, she was definitely in the top 5 hardest bosses in the main game discounting dlc bosses, it's just a case of keep trying then I guess. She's pretty random, like SoC who was also one tough bastard! Good luck!

I think im done. I must have tried at least 100 times and I have had enough now.

It doesnt help that im playing on the GPDWIN2, and the frame rate can really slow down which makes it even harder because its harder to see which attack is coming.

2 hours ago, kempstar said:

I think im done. I must have tried at least 100 times and I have had enough now.

It doesnt help that im playing on the GPDWIN2, and the frame rate can really slow down which makes it even harder because its harder to see which attack is coming.

Don't give up skeleton! You can do it!

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Don't give up skeleton! You can do it!

I can get him to phase 2 pretty much every time now. But in phase 2 I am lucky to get more than a hit or two in. Im almost out of embers as well :(

Which bosses are harder out of interest? Soul of Cinder? Sulyvahn? I imagine Aldritch could be quite tricky too.

Oh Soul of Cinder without doubt, he's really hard, there's one guise of him where you can't even engage, the curved sword phase. In fact I think SoC was probably the hardest non DLC boss but so gratifying when he went down. Dancer is harder than both Sulyvahn and Aldritch I thought. For Sulyvahn you can get him to phase two really quickly with a flame buffed raw longsword and then phase two good luck but I managed it a lot quicker than dancer. Aldritch is a twat because of the rng of his attacks but again weak to buffs and most of his attacks can easily be avoided, I should have videos for both if you want me to post them at some stage. Keep trying with the dancer, if you can get to phase two reliably then I found sticking closley and dodging into her for most of her attacks that come down vertically worked, it's the horizontal attacks you want to get out of the way of quick sharp.

I can still remember getting a lump in my throat when the Gwyn piano kicked in on SoC. Amazing moment on the Japanese version of the game. Still disappointed that there wasn't an explanation for it in the English version. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/04/2019 at 18:42, Minion said:

Oh Soul of Cinder without doubt, he's really hard, there's one guise of him where you can't even engage, the curved sword phase. In fact I think SoC was probably the hardest non DLC boss but so gratifying when he went down. Dancer is harder than both Sulyvahn and Aldritch I thought. For Sulyvahn you can get him to phase two really quickly with a flame buffed raw longsword and then phase two good luck but I managed it a lot quicker than dancer. Aldritch is a twat because of the rng of his attacks but again weak to buffs and most of his attacks can easily be avoided, I should have videos for both if you want me to post them at some stage. Keep trying with the dancer, if you can get to phase two reliably then I found sticking closley and dodging into her for most of her attacks that come down vertically worked, it's the horizontal attacks you want to get out of the way of quick sharp.

I have come to the conclusion that it is actually impossible to beat the dancer on a gpdwin2. The frame rate grinds to a halt at times, making it very hard to tell what attack is coming. Plus it overheats if you play for more than 15 minutes or so, and its very hard trying to keep calm when you are holding a hot brick!

I paid for the DLC for the third time, just to get an extra chunk so I could +7 my weapon. Ive been using human pine resin which seems to do quite a bit more damage.

I must have tried 100 times today alone. This time I really am done.

I have come to the conclusion that it is actually impossible to beat the dancer on a gpdwin2. The frame rate grinds to a halt at times, making it very hard to tell what attack is coming. Plus it overheats if you play for more than 15 minutes or so, and its very hard trying to keep calm when you are holding a hot brick!

I paid for the DLC for the third time, just to get an extra chunk so I could +7 my weapon. Ive been using human pine resin which seems to do quite a bit more damage.

I must have tried 100 times today alone. This time I really am done.

Oh fuck I didn't even know what a gdpwin2 was until I googled it just now, I totally understand now, a hanheld device is never going to be easy! Weren't you playing this a while ago on PS4 though? 

I played it originally on Xbox on release, then I played through it again last year on the PS4, and ive played through it yet again on the gpdwin2.

Its actually an amazing console. Dark Souls 3 is just about playable, when I played it through normally, it was completely fine. DS1 and DS2 run perfectly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kempstar said:

I played it originally on Xbox on release, then I played through it again last year on the PS4, and ive played through it yet again on the gpdwin2.

Its actually an amazing console. Dark Souls 3 is just about playable, when I played it through normally, it was completely fine. DS1 and DS2 run perfectly.

Have you not thought about trying the SL1 on the PS4 or Xb then? I doubt it'd take a long time to get back to The Dancer.

The problem is, I dont get a lot of gaming time these days. I travel a bit with work, so a couple of hours on the train each way and an overnight stay in a hotel meant the gpdwin2 was ideal.

Its not easy for me to get two or three hour session on the Ps4 these days unfortunately.

Just now, kempstar said:

The problem is, I dont get a lot of gaming time these days. I travel a bit with work, so a couple of hours on the train each way and an overnight stay in a hotel meant the gpdwin2 was ideal.

Its not easy for me to get two or three hour session on the Ps4 these days unfortunately.

Ahh I see, well that's a shame it's a fun challenge but I sure wouldn't be able to do it on a handheld device, you did well to get that far!

On 25/02/2019 at 14:18, Minion said:

Pure tank is great in this game as most enemies and bosses can be staggered. Just two hand ultra weapons and infuse them with heavy gems, the great club is a lot of fun and can be got fairly early but there’s loads of ultra weapons to play with, warrior is the obvious starting class for such a build. 

Went Strength/Faith in the end, started with Cleric.

I totally didn't realise how super OP Vordt's Great Hammer is, at least at the start. 2 handing this and just wrecking everything. Got the Butchers knight and the Great Machete too.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Went Strength/Faith in the end, started with Cleric.

I totally didn't realise how super OP Vordt's Great Hammer is, at least at the start. 2 handing this and just wrecking everything. Got the Butchers knight and the Great Machete too.

Strength/Faith is a great build, faith really comes into its own toward the end when you have high faith and the best lightning spells. 

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Strength/Faith is a great build, faith really comes into its own toward the end when you have high faith and the best lightning spells. 

Yeah always been a fan of the Faith since DS1, some really awesome spells plus lightning scaling.

Oceiros is down. He was actually way easier than I thought. Only took 3 or 4 tries. Knights ring plus a shield made it trivial. Now to take down Champion Gundyr and get the prisoners chain!

• Upvote 1

Im trying to beat Champion Gundyr by parrying only. His first phase is easy - I can parry his spin attack and thrust attack pretty much every time.

I am struggling on phase two though. Which attacks are the easiest to parry and whats the best way to bait them?

On 01/05/2019 at 19:21, kempstar said:

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for sweet, sweet titanite chunks :wub:

79C98F64-C1BA-4A00-A066-0D2E1E6F7F13.jpeg

Oh fuck I missed this, well done dude!!!!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kempstar said:

Im trying to beat Champion Gundyr by parrying only. His first phase is easy - I can parry his spin attack and thrust attack pretty much every time.

I am struggling on phase two though. Which attacks are the easiest to parry and whats the best way to bait them?

I think you can parry pretty much any attack he does with his Glaive, it's his kick and elbow that you can't. I find with Gundyr that as long as it's all going well then no problem but as soon as you freak out and need to heal it all goes tits up as he's so aggressive, a bit like Abhorrent Beast from Bloodborne. You just need to learn the timings on the parries as they differ for the different attacks. I could never get the parry on his huge charge so I would always avoid it but I know you can parry it as seen others do it. I'm gutted I screwed up the recording of my sl1 victory over Gundyr as it was basically all parries though it took me about 15-20 tries to perfect. You'll get there, if you've done the dancer then you can do them all now.