Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

6 hours ago, Curtis said:

Patch 1.05 just went live. There are a whole host of tweaks and bug fixes. One that immediately stood out was the ability to use weapon Skills with only 1FP has been fixed. Every PvP-er will now have to ditch their off-hand Simple Caestus. lol! I guess that also means us Dagger skill swamp travellers will be trudging in waist deep mud once again. 

Does the dagger quick step not use stamina once you're out of FP? I thought that's how it worked, but I might not have been paying proper attention or been aware of the 1FP thing.

1 hour ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Finally got all of the Proof of concord kepts. One more fight against SOC for platinum.

This is the last thing that I'm working towards. I have 8 so far. Getting summoned is taking forever. Any tips on good areas to try? Were you Blue Sentinal or Blade of the Darkmoon?

3 minutes ago, LiMuBai said:

This is the last thing that I'm working towards. I have 8 so far. Getting summoned is taking forever. Any tips on good areas to try? Were you Blue Sentinal or Blade of the Darkmoon?

I did blades of dark moon, around level 140 near the blades of dark moon covenant ; ). I respecced to put 80 into luck on NG++ with a rusty coin, avalice head and covetous serpent ring +2. It was still laborious to say the least. I'd recommend being really careful if you ever get summoned, I managed to get 4/5 multiple times in one invasion as the host kept getting invaded. There's a version of proof of concord kept that counts double if you kill someone if Af covenant as well...

Darkmoons are basically upgraded Blue Sentinels, and you are summoned to defend Way of The Blue members who have been invaded. Only difference is killing an Aldrich Faithful phantom gives you a double reward item.

Worth noting that in this 1.05 update, you can actually change Covenants (to Way of The Blue) while you're being invaded in the hope of getting some protection.

So I have a copy of this waiting to install and play, is this game far more complex in builds and weapons than Bloodborne? It seems so from what I am reading. Also I take it I can't play in the same style I would play Bloodborne?

3 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

What do you have to do in the Blades Of The Darkmoon? I've never been summoned.

It was basically completely broken for most people: there was some kind of weird account based criteria where some players would be constantly summoned and others would never get any. I think PC players discovered that messing around with their Steam account - converting it to a family account or something - fixed it.

A week or two ago they made changes on the server side during maintenance. This did seem to have some effect, at least for some people. I've seen a reasonable number of summons since, maybe one every hour or two compared to one or two ever previously. They're still working on it though, according to the community manager that posts on the DS3 subreddit.

7 hours ago, Curtis said:

Just tested it and you're right; once the FP is gone the Dagger's quick-step consumes Stamina. Swamp hoppers rejoice!

It always takes stamina. Even with FP.  I  presume the invincibility doesn't apply with no stamina.  

I imagine the patch stops people using moonlight sword Projectiles working without FP. 

I held off for a while but of course I had to start this game sometime and damn, it's getting pretty great again. I found Undead Settlement quite disappointing, but everything afterwards just pulls you in more and more. The Metroidvania-structure is missing, but I just realized that

I should have explored the Crystal Sage area a bit more carefully, since I missed that path to the Cathedral completely.

:D

Combined with the developing complexity of the areas it doesn't make me miss that structure in practice that much. So far this installment is incredibly confident and refined, even though it was the over-ambition that made Dark Souls 1 the one classic of the series.

And I love the Weapon Arts! That is something I really will miss going back to the previous games.

Jumped to journey 2, trying for the 'Usurpation of the Fire' ending, got my bullet points page marked out in front of me about where and when to talk to NPCs but still relying on online buddies to show me how to get from A to B.

There is still a lot I have to learn...

Extra special series of games...-_-

11 hours ago, dood said:

It always takes stamina. Even with FP.  I  presume the invincibility doesn't apply with no stamina.  

I imagine the patch stops people using moonlight sword Projectiles working without FP. 

The Moonlight Great Sword's R2 projectile uses durability, not FP. 

19 hours ago, Minion said:

So I have a copy of this waiting to install and play, is this game far more complex in builds and weapons than Bloodborne? It seems so from what I am reading. Also I take it I can't play in the same style I would play Bloodborne?

I think the weapon art on the dagger gives you something approaching BBs mobility, but the pace of this game is different. Still fantastic of course.

6 minutes ago, D.C. said:

I think the weapon art on the dagger gives you something approaching BBs mobility, but the pace of this game is different. Still fantastic of course.

Thanks @D.C., I'm just trying to finish my NG+ of BB and get the platinum trophy and then I'm going to start this. I'll have to get used to the different playstyle I guess.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

I'll have to get used to the different playstyle I guess.

You will, and you will. Didn't take me long to learn how to rely on a shield and enjoy the slightly slower movement in DS - such that now the thought of returning to BB with no shield and regain scares me to death!

Having magic use mana and stamina is pissing me off a bit. I'm not opposed to stopping it from being stupidly OP like it was in the first game and it's not as gimped as Dark Souls 2, but it's really making some parts of the game with lots of mobs total shit. I'm just killing shit with a magic enchanted weapon and buffs half the time.

19 hours ago, jonamok said:

You will, and you will. Didn't take me long to learn how to rely on a shield and enjoy the slightly slower movement in DS - such that now the thought of returning to BB with no shield and regain scares me to death!

What class did you start with @jonamok?

Tried Mercenary at first, but didn't get on with the two curved blades and lack of the kick move that come with that weapon. Tried to play it like BB with fast attacks and rolls, but soon realised the game's slower speed and lack of regain better suited a shield build (for my lack of uber timing). So started afresh with Knight.

Obviously it doesn't really matter in the long run.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

No you can change it. You might want to change it later when you find different gems. Don't sweat it. 

Thanks. I'm finding the combat hard against the enemies which aren't stupid hollows. The Knights for example can kick away my shield and get me, or if I try and roll through one attack then I'm left open for the next, it's weird, I'm struggling. 

I was actually just thinking that but I've already spent 5 hours levelling up my character! Is my knight too slow and lumbersome then? I like the fact that my shield blocks 100% physical damage, it's very useful. It's weird cos I killed this big chest thing that was pretty hard and I also killed the big crystal thing just now near the start of the game without too much fuss, just being patient. But the bloody Knights, I can't seem to fight them without taking lots of hits. I'm sure I'll get better soon. I spent a good 5 hours on the first section of Bloodborne, I guess these games are just very difficult to begin with. Killed the first boss first time though but I assume he is meant to be easy as it's within the first few minutes of the game.