IGNORED

Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

Bloody hell NK is a hard bastard. Losing enough flasks just getting him on the ground. Might come back for him at the end. On to the rooftops of GA now, so can't be far to go!

Just got here last night; there's about 30K worth of souls sitting on a roof between two of those gargoyle fuckers that I need to reclaim.

How far away from the end am I? (I've done SL but not done AP yet)

13 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Just got here last night; there's about 30K worth of souls sitting on a roof between two of those gargoyle fuckers that I need to reclaim.

How far away from the end am I? (I've done SL but not done AP yet)

Pretty much there, just AP (longer than GA), GA boss and the final boss.

Hang on. I was just watching an ENB video and he's gone back to firelink to level up. He's a higher level than me, but his levelling is costing him far less souls. What's that all about? How is the amount of souls it costs per level calculated? And is there any way to get the cost down?

Just now, Jon said:

Hang on. I was just watching an ENB video and he's gone back to firelink to level up. He's a higher level than me, but his levelling is costing him far less souls. What's that all about? How is the amount of souls it costs per level calculated? And is there any way to get the cost down?

Figment of your imagination mate.  Level up costs are the same to everyone. 

Edit: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Level

3 hours ago, Goose said:

I'm at the end but have decided to go back and find as much stuff as I can. 

Today's ENB video was so much better, with him just messing around DR. 

It was, except for the fact that he still isn't exploring properly, and he should have done it earlier. He realised this as soon as he found Horace I think that he should have done it differently.

And I don't know where he got the notion that there were two ballistas. There's just one, right?

He still doesn't seem to have figured out that he did the area backwards, killing the boss first then running back to the hole that you drop down (which he still hasn't noticed). For someone that pays so much attention to the lore he really doesn't pay attention to his surroundings. He would have seen Horace from above the collapsing bridge if he'd just looked a bit closer.

1 hour ago, Sir DangerM said:

He still doesn't seem to have figured out that he did the area backwards, killing the boss first then running back to the hole that you drop down (which he still hasn't noticed). For someone that pays so much attention to the lore he really doesn't pay attention to his surroundings. He would have seen Horace from above the collapsing bridge if he'd just looked a bit closer.

That's because there is no hole. It is opened by the ballista blasting through a weak looking section of ground. As ENB didn't run there with the ballista going, it was never opened. He should have spotted Horace earlier though.

In fairness Smouldering Lake is a bit of a weak area. It's essentially a big wide open space which DS doesn't do that often. Plus like Nightmare of No Craic in Bloodborne, having things rain down on your continuously is shit.

Optional late game area

Spoiler

Arch Dragon Peak does not fuck around, does it? Tough enemies, respawning tough enemies and plenty of ledge falling. It almost feels like DLC. Interesting boss fight too and a really challenging area. Good stuff.

And I'm done. Finished at SL97 with 58 hours on the clock.

I'll be honest, I co-oped more bosses than I'd like to admit, but as I'm shit at bosses and generally hate them, I'm happy to settle for that.

God knows what happened to all the NPC quests, but I never met Patches once, lost Greirat early on, and my shrine only had the miracle and sorcery girls by the end. Not that I care that much, but would have been nice to meet Patches.

Overall a great game, but not nearly as good as BB for me. Was going to go into DS1, but think I'll take a Souls break for a while.

I assume there are multiple endings, as mine was a bit meh.

Just had a few flames lick over me, then sat by the fire and watched the Dark Sign. That it?

1 hour ago, kensei said:

That's because there is no hole. It is opened by the ballista blasting through a weak looking section of ground. As ENB didn't run there with the ballista going, it was never opened.

Really? I didn't notice it open up. Going through from there seemed like the natural thing to do because it gave you an escape route from all the nasty shit going on above ground.

2 hours ago, Sir DangerM said:

Really? I didn't notice it open up. Going through from there seemed like the natural thing to do because it gave you an escape route from all the nasty shit going on above ground.

I didn't notice until I watched ENBs video. I must have got flattened and dropped in one go.

There's another wall in that area with a ring behind that you can bait the ballista into destroying. Just in case anyone didn't know.

Probably a stupid question: Is it possible to swap any controller button mappings? Can't find it in the menus.

I ask because I've seen ENB fight a boss (e.g. SoC) without lock-on, yet he effortlessly dodge rolls in triangles behind the boss (left stick and B button?) while manually spinning the camera to keep it always focused on the boss (right stick?). How is that done? Seems like it needs 3 thumbs! Looks like he's swapped functions of B (roll) and RT (strong attack) or somesuch.

Is this a PC thing? What am I missing? As it seems it would make some fights much easier (dodge roll, attack and manually move camera all at once).

CG is a right little bitch huh?

Did him second attempt, currently battering him as a sunbro. 

Did CKO first attempt as well, though I've had a few jolly cooperation encounters that didn't go quite as smoothly.

Now DSA... that took a while.

8 hours ago, jonamok said:

And I'm done. Finished at SL97 with 58 hours on the clock.

I'll be honest, I co-oped more bosses than I'd like to admit, but as I'm shit at bosses and generally hate them, I'm happy to settle for that.

God knows what happened to all the NPC quests, but I never met Patches once, lost Greirat early on, and my shrine only had the miracle and sorcery girls by the end. Not that I care that much, but would have been nice to meet Patches.

Overall a great game, but not nearly as good as BB for me. Was going to go into DS1, but think I'll take a Souls break for a while.

I assume there are multiple endings, as mine was a bit meh.

Reveal hidden contents

Just had a few flames lick over me, then sat by the fire and watched the Dark Sign. That it?

At the last boss but not killed him yet, but I did exactly the same as you - co-oped bosses, missed NPC quests. Got a few in Firelink but missed Patches original trigger so his story didn't make sense until it was explained on here. I lost Siegward early on too despite helping him out at two points. Assume he's still out there somewhere.

I was proud to have killed AdoG solo, but I just don't have enough free time to be repeating bosses 20 odd times. 

11 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I missed that one, you can turn the ballista back on right?

Yeah you can. The wall is on the far side of the lake from where you originally enter, next to a big tree that you can use as cover.

I wouldn't bother with that ring unless you're cheevo hunting, plus you literally get the +1 version in the tutorial area on ng+! 

A couple of vids from me.. 

Dancer smashed with the lovely dark soul greatsword.. 

Spoiler

And a plan to take out a demon at smoldering lake went perfectly! 

Spoiler