Dark Souls 3

Bojangle

I love LeChuck, people are only taking the piss because he does it all the time.  Have some posts been deleted? Either way, he's a cool passionate dude.  I wouldn't change him. 

@Timmo 

Spoiler

You're close.  

You may have missed some stuff tho, you can get buy able twinkling from the handmaid if you've been thorough.. 

Want a hint? 

5 minutes ago, dood said:

I love LeChuck, people are only taking the piss because he does it all the time.  Have some posts been deleted? Either way, he's a cool passionate dude.  I wouldn't change him.

@Timmo

Reveal hidden contents

You're close.

You may have missed some stuff tho, you can get buy able twinkling from the handmaid if you've been thorough..

Want a hint?

Nah it's ok ta, I have two routes open.

14 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I've lost all will to continue playing this game.  Since getting past IotBV, fatigue started to get in as it really started to tread old ground from DS1. Also, it's not a patch on Bloodborne. Not anywhere near.  I haven't traded in a game for a long while, I've actually built up a fair collection of PS4 games, but with Uncharted 4 out next week, I may just trade this after all, as it still has value. So glad I didn't buy this digitally.  

:lol:

The LeChuck hyperbole train continues.

The second half is far better than the first, and the game is easily as good as bloodborne. You might prefer tight design consistency to a wide array of influences and options, but they're pretty much the same thing reskinned.

13 hours ago, dood said:

:omg: Just under sixty two hours and I'm done.  What a ride.  For me, comfortably the best first run through any Soulsborne. 

Hide contents

I accidentally linked the fire though! :lol: Oh well!

Final mans, a badass quality cyborg-pirate-knight-thing:

Hide contents

Souls 3 1st run.jpg

NG+ is ok, easy as usual, hoping it'll ramp up later, especially as I'm vowing to solo all bosses! :D  I like that the pickups are slightly different (and seems there are new ones, which will ensure I explore fully / properly again!), but dislike there's no enemy remixing like in Souls 2. :( 

Haha, that actually looks quite a lot like you :)

4 minutes ago, Broker said:

:lol:

The LeChuck hyperbole train continues.

The second half is far better than the first, and the game is easily as good as bloodborne. You might prefer tight design consistency to a wide array of influences and options, but they're pretty much the same thing reskinned.

Haha, that actually looks quite a lot like you :)

Mate I spent about 45 minutes in the character creation screen.. Using specially taken selfies from front and side  to try assist!   Gave up in the end.  Too many sliders affect unexpected parts of the face! It'd look great in profile, but somehow I'd have made the whole  face really skinny. Or it'd  look great from the front, but turning sideways would  reveal a super slopey forehead. :(

Then in this one it turns out having empty armour slots is a big negative so I ended up covering it after the first 10 hours. Good grief. 

Killed PS (summoned for help and it was still a tough, fast fight).

The next area seemed familiar....

Spoiler

Motherfucking Anor Londo! And it's a lot tougher than I recall. I've face Aldritch just once and got all but insta-killed. I may return later. 

I won't lie, when I walked into THAT room, I was dreading seeing Laurel and Hardy there.

Sad to the giant blacksmith was dead. 

Is this the only way forward now? I feel like I've got business to attend to in IoftBV still. There were at least two locked gates that are still locked. I also need to go back to Demon's Ruin and fuck that place up a bit. And the place between Anor Londo the Irthyll had what appeared to be another boss room.

I'm using a raw +5 Astora's sword, but I'm not 100% happy with it. Blue Crest shield seems to be doing me fine though.

What a game!

1 hour ago, Goose said:

Killed PS (summoned for help and it was still a tough, fast fight).

The next area seemed familiar....

Hide contents

Motherfucking Anor Londo! And it's a lot tougher than I recall. I've face Aldritch just once and got all but insta-killed. I may return later. 

I won't lie, when I walked into THAT room, I was dreading seeing Laurel and Hardy there.

Sad to the giant blacksmith was dead. 

Is this the only way forward now? I feel like I've got business to attend to in IoftBV still. There were at least two locked gates that are still locked. I also need to go back to Demon's Ruin and fuck that place up a bit. And the place between Anor Londo the Irthyll had what appeared to be another boss room.

I'm using a raw +5 Astora's sword, but I'm not 100% happy with it. Blue Crest shield seems to be doing me fine though.

What a game!

I think the level of fan service in this game is just about right although I'm still in two minds about the blacksmith.

Oh and seeing old friends ...

Spoiler

Did you spot the mushroom people dead in the swamp?  That was sad as I liked those guys.

On 4/25/2016 at 8:39 PM, Spainkiller said:

Hide contents

You haven't done Cathedral of the Deep yet

:) Remember the non-toxic part of the swamp, where the big crabs are? Well, from there, there's one route that leads to the Abyss Walkers, which you've done, but there's another route that leads to the cathedral. You've missed that.

Thanks for this tip -

I've actually been away for a week and just come back to this, and honestly feel completely lost, I have totally lost my memory of how the map fits together!

Could you tell me specifically which bonfire I should use to reach this area? I can remember a few different areas with crabs, and am not sure which one you mean. Really want to get on with progressing the game but as I only get an hour or so to play, maximum, on any given day, I'm losing patience with exploring the same parts of the swamp over and over!

I was going to say the last boss was easy, but of course that was just phase 1. He'll go down soon enough though I think.

In the meantime I'm doing one last tour of the game, doing a bit of farming and so on. Found quite a few armour sets lying around that I'm sure weren't there before. 

I also thought I knew about all the hidden areas in the game, including one I know I can't see now, but there was another little one I'd not heard of which is pretty cool.

The top of Yorshka's Church...

Don't really want it to end.

Back to this after a couple of days off. Ended up cheesing the CoC boss. I don't know why but I really had trouble with it (and the run back is quite annoying) until I realised that if you stand in a certain corner of the arena he basically can't touch you with a single one of his attacks. It felt like it should have been an easy boss to do normally but I just couldn't get into the swing of it. 

IotBV or whatever is probably the first area in the game that has made me go 'ooooh' when I saw it. Enemies in there seem right bastards though. 

I also fashioned a ring from a boss soul that sounded too good to be true and sure enough I think it's a dud. I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about - is it a troll item? 

Nope, the secret to the pontiff rings is.. 

Spoiler

You have to land (depending on weapon) 5-7 attacks before the effect starts to work. So, generally good vs groups. Or, very quick multi hit dual wield weapons. 

Unsolicited advice is the best kind of advice! :P

Anyway, last night I had a quick continuation of ng+, joined the pinkbros and tried to do some duelling to gather some vertebra shackles.. Man I got trounced repeatedly. I suck! :(

My eventual first victory came against some sneaky gankers  who were pretending to be having a fight, one was disguised as a red bro.  They were obviously unaware that it was possible for me to spawn in the location I had, and I managed to sneak up behind while disguised as a barrel! :D

Managed to - after observing them for a short while -  dash in,  backstab one and finish him sloppily, then had a super tense stand off with the host, just about scraping a victory. 

The next match I got completely ganked  by some group of three, who were also disguised as barrels. Lol, so hard.  I like that if you're in the pink bros it basically tells you how many phantoms are present in the world when you join.. Makes those surprises a bit easier to read! 

I think I'm behind most people now but jeez, do not pick the Crystal Hail spell from one of the Boss Souls. It's awful. It doesn't track enemies even if you're locked on so it's nearly impossible to hit them and even if you do manage to land a hit, the damage it causes is piss weak. You're better off just using a bloody standard soul arrow than that. 

I've never gone full on sorcery in any of the Souls games but I've always used it in conjunction with a light sword and I feel like out of all the games magic feels the most underpowered in this. I know they don't want players one shotting enemies with spells from 15 feet away all the time but the increased pace of enemies plus weedier feeling spells means that half the time it barely seems worth the effort trying to get a spell off.

Still working on my lore index.. 

Did you know, the number of weapons in Dark Souls 3? 

Spoiler

Literally about ten times as many as Bloodborne.. 

I can't remember the name of the first boss in CoC, the

massive skeleton dude. How do you avoid that massive AoE attack he does? I assume you have to smash up his Mr T arm bangles to damage him, but he keeps doing this seemingly unavoidable attack that kills me in one go.

14 minutes ago, K said:

I can't remember the name of the first boss in CoC, the

Reveal hidden contents

massive skeleton dude. How do you avoid that massive AoE attack he does? I assume you have to smash up his Mr T arm bangles to damage him, but he keeps doing this seemingly unavoidable attack that kills me in one go.

You can run under his chin when he does this and avoid all damage. Helps to see it coming though and the camera is part of the battle in this fight.

Seems a Marmite boss - some find it trivial, others like me, fairly hard*.  My problems were stamina conservation (if I hung around at the back to avoid the cloud) and accuracy of attacks - got him in the end by staying in the vicinity of the arms.  He will summon

Spoiler

skeleton army and a giant magic sword 

from time to time.

*aggravated by not finding the closest bonfire

He isn't hard really, because it only takes a few hits to destroy his bangles. It's just quite hard to judge where he's going to put his hands down and if you get caught in the poison mist, it rips through your energy bar in seconds. He's a pretty poor boss to be fair.

You only posted that because he said he prefers Dark 2's level design, @Spainkiller! :D

He seems to have mixed up level design with artistic design though.  And I'm inclined to agree with the 'too many cathedrals'.. Just that's an art / story decision, not a game design one. 

Got to ID last night, first place in the game to give me 'the fear'

the screams triggered by picking up certain items got me every time, and the jailers can fuck off - simple enough to take down but shrinking health bar is a pain against swarms of things