Ah I really should do the training. I know it's there on purpose but it feels too powerful to me.

Yeah, I've never been one to ball chase, but I get stumped with this one. I don't enjoy counter attacking and aim to play a possession game, but most players will get it up to a fast player in two passes, before running at my defence using this technique as my midfield try to get back. I back off waiting for a chance to tackle but often the players are just too quick and will go all the way around my jockeying defender. Every year the game seems to nerf pace but every year it comes back to the forefront after a few weeks.

Its just changing direction while sprinting, but it pretty much allows you to do it at right angles. So down the wing, down the wing CHANGE now running across the 18 yard line confusing the hell out of people and their defenders who are now all positioned wrongly. From here use right stick to roll left/right and you're in the box for a pass/shot/penalty.

I know, I know...I'm a relic, I've never been able to change. It's why I couldn't enjoy a football game on the XBOX. Always had pad adapters to use the PS pads. I'm too far gone to change now. Every year I worry they'll take the option out to use the dpad, haha.

For me, the game seemed to change quite drastically after the patch. AI players automatically intercepting balls passing across them happens hardly at all for me now, and attackers speed dribbling is still super effective. It feels quite different to the opening 2-3 weeks of the game when I was getting great pleasure beating fools who were just trying to run a fast jinking player at my defence and getting no joy. Admittedly some of this might people getting good at it, but I noticed a big difference since the patch and if you google it you'll see I ain't alone. Through balls seems far more effective all of a sudden too.

It almost feels like EA weren't confident in FIFA 16 being quite a different beast, and so refined it to more of a FIFA 15.5.

Defending is still really hard, too hard against people who know what they're doing. When an attacker darts into the box using a skill like Timmo links to, or quick directional changes, getting your defender to change directions quickly is still really hard, they just feel too floaty and like their reactions rating are all at 0. Slow and unrealistic. I was playing Batman last night and in the batmobile when you go into attack mode and try to change direction, it really did remind of trying to manouvre/jockey a defender to the ball when an attacker is jinking towards you. Not great.

That said, I still prefer this version to FIFA 15. And it does play a solid game of 1v1 the majority of the time. Infact it might be the first FIFA in 3-4 years where I'm enjoying the 1v1 side more than Clubs/BAP.

I only ever play career mode, but I'm having so much fun in my fourth season in MLS on World Class.

Only problem I have is that there seems to be a gradual weakening of MLS as older players retire without being replaced, I'd like to see that fixed.

That's a poor problem to have - because frankly management games/working out how to do regens is a good 20 years old now.

If it's in the game, then we'll remove it so you play Ultimate Team more, GIVE US SOME MORE MONEY!

For me, the game seemed to change quite drastically after the patch. AI players automatically intercepting balls passing across them happens hardly at all for me now, and attackers speed dribbling is still super effective. It feels quite different to the opening 2-3 weeks of the game when I was getting great pleasure beating fools who were just trying to run a fast jinking player at my defence and getting no joy. Admittedly some of this might people getting good at it, but I noticed a big difference since the patch and if you google it you'll see I ain't alone. Through balls seems far more effective all of a sudden too.

It almost feels like EA weren't confident in FIFA 16 being quite a different beast, and so refined it to more of a FIFA 15.5.

Defending is still really hard, too hard against people who know what they're doing. When an attacker darts into the box using a skill like Timmo links to, or quick directional changes, getting your defender to change directions quickly is still really hard, they just feel too floaty and like their reactions rating are all at 0. Slow and unrealistic. I was playing Batman last night and in the batmobile when you go into attack mode and try to change direction, it really did remind of trying to manouvre/jockey a defender to the ball when an attacker is jinking towards you. Not great.

That said, I still prefer this version to FIFA 15. And it does play a solid game of 1v1 the majority of the time. Infact it might be the first FIFA in 3-4 years where I'm enjoying the 1v1 side more than Clubs/BAP.

I completely agree that it changed after the patch. I think they had too many complaints about it and decided to take it back a step which is a shame. Through balls are effective again and pacey dribbling is now everything. I'm still enjoying it as much as any fifa but they have patched it in the wrong direction in my opinion.

Just has a bizarre run on FUT in div 4. I was on 4 points after 5 games and really fearing relegation. I wasn't playing well. however, I managed a scrape a 4-3 last kick of the game win after my opponent scored a 90+ minute equalizer. That left me one win from safety. I got a draw in the next, still needing 2 points to stay in the division, 3 games remaining. Usually at this point I would lose the next two and scrape a dramatic win in the last to stay up. Oh no, not this time. This time it was 3 comfortable wins to gain promotion.

The super dribbling is everywhere now which I don't mind too much. It is easier to deal with than the 30 yard shots coming in all the time. One of the people I played against just gave the ball to Iniesta and attempted to super dribble the ball into the net every single time he got the ball.

I completely agree that it changed after the patch. I think they had too many complaints about it and decided to take it back a step which is a shame. Through balls are effective again and pacey dribbling is now everything. I'm still enjoying it as much as any fifa but they have patched it in the wrong direction in my opinion.

It's a damn shame. I don't get people sometimes. They never stopped complaining about FIFA 15, then FIFA 16 comes out...it's very different, and (in my opinion) a lot better. Yet, these people continue to moan and end up pressurising EA into changing is back to be more like FIFA 15. Every time a new yearly football game comes out, people act all aghast at the 'changes', especially if it's changes that have affected their ability to 'win'. EA would have been wise to just hold off for a little bit, and had faith in their decisions and product, instead of giving in to the moans that will always exist, especially at the beginning. FIFA 16 was the best game of football I've played since PES6, it still is...but for how long? And I think we all know the direction FIFA 17 will be headed now.

So I played fut draft on my daughter's account today in the hope I would get some players worth transferring. I got a single gold pack and a jumbo gold premium. What did I get? The best was Rafa, worth about 700 coins. A complete waste of time. Opened my manager tasks pack on my main account too and got sod all there too.

This is absurd. After my incredulous Div 4 promotion charge I have now won my first 4 games in a row in Div 3 and all of them fairly easily. I haven't won this many games in a row since Fifa 11. Honestly, I don't get seasons. I have been relegated twice on my way up, now I'm winning 7 games in a row in Div 4/3. I've quit while I'm ahead tonight.

In classic FIFA style tonight. It took me the full 6 games to secure promotion with a win on the final day. On to Div 2 now. I really struggled tonight. Couldn't put anything together. I did score a wonder header with a manual cross which was the highlight of the night.

My only complaint is it seems quite hard to get a FUT game online. Stuck on searching a lot of the time.

I've had problems the last couple of days. Before that I had only had issues in obscure competitions like bronze cup. However, this morning I couldn't get a game anywhere, seasons, champions cup, single match. Not sure if something has changed on the back end.

Yeah the problem seems to be intermittent. Initially I assumed it was just low numbers of players as the game was new, then things were fine for a while, now the issue is back. I agree maybe it's some match-making problem at their end. Shame, Fifa15 was my go to, no fuss online gaming option if I wanted a quick competitive blast. Hopefully it will get up to speed soon.

I've had problems the last couple of days. Before that I had only had issues in obscure competitions like bronze cup. However, this morning I couldn't get a game anywhere, seasons, champions cup, single match. Not sure if something has changed on the back end.

I've really got into FUT over the last couple of days after not finding much interest towards the start. I'm in Div 6 atm but need 1 point from 1 game to win the title and i would have won 5 titles from 5 seasons. I have two teams (Ligue 1 + BBVA) and about 35k spare (if i win div 6).

My teams are both 4-3-3 (4) (the formation with the CAM)

BBVA team

Bravo

De Marcos - I. Martinez - Mathieu - Tremoulinas

E. Perez - Kovacic

Koke

Fegouli - Griezmann - Konoplyanka

Ligue 1 team

Enyeama

Van Der Wiel - Perrin - Umtiti - Kurzawa

Moutinho - Matuidi

Valbuena

Alesandrini - Braithwaite - N'tep

Both teams are relatively cheap, bar an exception for a few players like Griezmann, Matuidi, Perrin, Konoplyanka and Mathieu.

Braithwaite is a strange player for me, everything about his stats suggests he'd suit my play perfectly but he doesn't, he's scored like 5 in 14 games for me or something crap like that. The problem is, there's no one else really in league to replace him with without going for Lacazette (who i can't afford)

I have a very similar Ligue 1 side that I am using at the moment. They are a good side but without anyone particularly amazing.

I'm currently trying to win the champion's cup with a bronze squad. I've got a tipplagen side and a league 1 one. I've made the final twice tonight and lost to poor goals both times. The first was partly my fault as I should have just cleared the ball but my keeper ended up turning toward his own net and put the ball on a plate for the striker.

Playing with a bronze squad against 5 star teams is interesting. Some people just don't know how to break people down despite having such a stats advantage. Others really know how to use the advantage. Another few days and I'll have the win I hope.

Oh another thing, I discovered a bronze Norwegian left back who looks quite average. He has 45 shooting but when I dug into his stats he has 80 shot power and 70 long shots. He is an absolute beast. Reminds me of Riise when he played for Liverpool. If he gets far enough forward he can cut inside and unleash a rocket.

His name is Antonsen and coat me 200 coins.

• Upvote 1