rllmuk
TehStu

IndyCar

Bumpy? That'll be the Grand Prix of San Jose, used to cross a team line sending the cars airborne.

Those were the days etc....

Hopefully James Hinchcliffe can find a drive elsewhere, his deal with Honda means I doubt he'll be able to stay with the team. I also doubt we'll ever see a Honda in the back of McLaren again.

https://eu.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2019/08/09/mclaren-arrives-indycar-arrow-schmidt-peterson-motorsports-partnership/1958555001/

Honda still hasn't forgiven McLaren for the way it severed its ties with the manufacturer a few years ago in Formula One. Because of that, the mandate from headquarters in Japan has been that it will not do business with McLaren in any racing series. That is ultimately what prevented Andretti Autosport from forging a partnership with McLaren, as it had been trying to do for more than a year, according to IndyCar sources. 

I expect Alonso will sign up for next season and make everyone miserable at the rebranded team.

• Upvote 1

It is sad that Alonso leaves a trail of utter misery wherever he goes. I listened to Luca di Montezemolo talking about him on the Beyond the Grid podcast yesterday, and he wasn’t especially complimentary of him. 

Yep as the commentators said a fan died at the circuit due to lightning in 2012

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2016/07/pocono_raceway_not_at_fault_in.html

Rosenqvist very lucky his car managed to stay out of the catch fencing or we could be looking at another injury like Wickens at the same track last year.

It's a shame MAGA Ferucci is doing so well after how much of an asshole he was racing in Europe.

No idea why Sato hasn't been sat down for a race after that. Especially given how big the accident was and given how after last year's race the last thing IndyCar needed was cars going into the fence again.

Pocano's a bit of a relic now and I hear that IndyCar isn't going back next year (or possibly ever), which is probably for the best.