rllmuk
Nathan Wind

Game Boy & GB Advance Appreciation Thread

He's an arse for making me buy stuff! I'm shocked I don't own a Jag yet to be honest.

So I've emailed the ebay guy. I'd like a completely original machine with a green back lit screen. The fact that it has the enhanced audio output is great, I can record off of it and use the sounds in my tracks :)

I acquired Crazy Taxi on GBA. It's a great technical achievement, but it isn't much fun to play.

It's funny, I used to collect all the GBA games I thought were the best looking, trying to produce 3D the best.

Star-X is one of my faves, if not for the music. But Asterix and Obelix probably win... even ft. janky texture warping.

Asterix-Obelix-XXL2.png462759-asterix-obelix-xxl-game-boy-advan

Maybe it stemmed from a Nintendo mag I read as a kid on the lead up to the GBA reveal. It said it would be 32-bit, and showed a picture of Mario 64 on a GBA-looking device, noting we would get something 'similar'.

Just finished the final boss on Wario Land 3 for the GBC as I'd never played it before or WL2. Pretty good games from that era, but I still prefer the original Wario Land over the following two sequels. It was special and it was one of the first games I ever played on my See Through Game Boy!

I swear down, I couldn't get past the first level of wario land 3. This was like earlier this year, on the 3ds VC.

Completed wario land 2 many times.... not sure what it is but didn't like wario land 3

• Upvote 1

I bloody loved Wario Land 3. Played it to death, if you'll pardon the pun. Recently re bought an SP with A Link to the Past and Mario World and have been playing it on the way into work. What a machine :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Upvote 1

Just received my new modded original gameboy. Must say I love it what a cracking job the guy on eBay has done. Want to say thanks to Nathan wind for letting me know about the guy. He was very helpful.

post-9369-0-02438000-1452286545_thumb.jp

• Upvote 4

Mention of everdrives got me hankering after one for the gba. Do they exist still? Last time I looked they were pretty pricey. There was another make which I cant remember, something IV?

No love for Doom on the GBA?

Great conversion IMHO. I still have the mario sp, the nes sp and a Pokemon sp which I have never seen anywhere else. I love the GBA and still regret trading my micro for my ds.

Final Fantasy V's release on the GBA was the first time the game had been released in English language, wasn't it? I think.

While we're talking about the GBA, I have to admit that I've never liked the Super Mario Advance series. Yoshi's Island is the 'least worse' for having scale-backs unavoidable due to hardware limitations (smaller resolution, some visual effects not spot-on). The rest… I'd never choose to play them over the originals if there was any choice in the matter.

Super Mario Advance 2 was the first time I properly played Super Mario World. I had no complaints and thought it was great, although obviously I had nothing to compare it to.

I ndidn't get along with Mario Advance 3 and 4 and never played the first.

Final Fantasy V's release on the GBA was the first time the game had been released in English language, wasn't it? I think.

It had been released poorly emulated as one of the two games in Final Fantasy Anthology on the PS1. The European version came with FF IV the US with FF VI.

• Upvote 1

It's funny that the DS was so poor for racing games. Think there's only Mario Kart and Create and Race worth having. But I suppose racing game fans were spoiled rotten by the brilliant racers on the PSP.

You never played Race Driver - GRID? Forget the funny name - it's really a great racer for the DS.

Likely to be dead yes but I thought that's more a issue with Gold/Silver and not the originals? The originals had no time keeping.

They're a little tricky to replace last I remember researching.