rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Nintendo eShop 21st May 2015

Do you think this is a good week?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paper Effing Mario, bitches! From Nintendolife:

Wii U eShop

Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games, €18.99 / £16.99) - A Wii U exclusive and sequel to one of the finest Wiiware games, this is a real time strategy game with a side-on 2D perspective. You can play as Vikings, Persians or Demons in local multiplayer, while the meat of the experience is likely to be in the campaign. We anticipate humour and lovely cartoon visuals in this one, too; we'll let you know whether it lives up to its potential in our review.

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo, €14.99 / £13.49 until 28th May, then €19.99 / £17.99) - This was Good-Feel's first dabble in platforming with the yarn effect, taking its idea and applying it to the typically cute Kirby franchise. It proved to be a true gem on the Wii and we're pleased to see it make its way to the eShop; we absolutely loved this in our Kirby's Epic Yarn review.

Wii U Virtual Console

Paper Mario (Nintendo, €9.99 / £8.99) - This is the Nintendo 64 title where Mario's paper-based RPG adventures began. Though it's a relatively linear adventure it's full of wit and innovation, setting up a variety of sequels in the generations to follow. We described this as a "true classic" in our Paper Mario review.

Wii U Retail Release

Baila Latino (O2 Games, €29.90 / £24.90)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Shiny the Firefly (Padaone Games, €6.99 / £6.29 until 20th June, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital, €6.99 / £6.49 until 4th June, normally €13.99 / £12.99)

Thomas Was Alone (Curve Digital, €3.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €7.99 / £6.99)

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital, €5.99 / £4.99 until 4th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)

The Swapper (Curve Digital, €7.49 / £5.99 until 4th June, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

OlliOlli (Curve Digital, €4.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €9.99 / £7.99)

Master Reboot (Wales Interactive, €5.99 / £4.99 until 18th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)

Wii U eShop Demo

Shiny the Firefly (Padaone Games, free)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

3D Game Collection (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Gardenscapes (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 4th June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)

Jewel Match 3 (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Safari Quest (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Tait Multimedia, €1.99 / £1.69 until 4th June, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (Akaoni Studio, €4.99 / £4.49 until 21st June, normally €7.00 / £6.30)

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus, €14.99 / £13.49 until 28th May, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Demo

Adventure Bar Story (CIRCLE Entertainment, free)

3DS HOME Theme

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo, free) EDIT: Nintendolife don't say this, but apparently it's only free if you've bought the game

• Upvote 3

I've got it on PS+ and I'm really not getting it. Most of the puzzles seem like they've been solved by fluke, the controls are terrible, the animation (on the main character at least) is awful, and I really didn't enjoy it. Only put a couple of hours in, but unless it changes drastically, I really couldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Upvote 2

Finally Epic Yarn shall be mine. Does it have waggle?

It has a few levels where you have to tilt he controller to steer up and down. Besides that the entire game is played with normal controls.

It has a few levels where you have to tilt he controller to steer up and down. Besides that the entire game is played with normal controls.

Cool. So I can just play with regular wiimote on the U and not need to sit there pointing at the sensor bar like a weirdo? SOLD

Cool. So I can just play with regular wiimote on the U and not need to sit there pointing at the sensor bar like a weirdo? SOLD

post-4762-0-05755500-1431944836_thumb.pn

Couldn't disagree more on every count, unless the console versions are severly borked compared the PC version.

Nope, they're excellent too. The Swapper is the best game on this weeks' list.

Never played Paper Mario but the Gamecube one is one of my favourite games so looking forward to finally playing this. Not played Epic Yarn either so a great week for me.