ZOK

Audible...and other audiobook delivery mechanisms that may or may not be available

She hasn't half narrated a lot of rubbish books, but I've a lot of time for Dina Pearlman. And N.K. Jemisin's books have been graced by good readers - Robin Miles and Sarah Zimmerman were both fabulous, though I've not heard them outside of The Broken Earth and Dreamblood novels, respectively.

Here's a tip for some cheap audiobooks.

Start a Kindle Unlimited trial if you haven't already:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/promoLanding?promoCode=f0fbe00b-a291-45cd-aae5-3f17410e4732&_encoding=UTF8&tag=thjomo-21&linkCode=ur2&linkId=ed307f364792b8f13bdc92e685e967b9&camp=1634&creative=6738

Add books you're interested in, and if Audible Narration is available, this can usually be added at a much reduced price.

Examples:

Slaughter House-Five - £2.99

We Are Legion (We Are Bob) - £3.49

Really enjoying Sapiens.

It seems to have a knack of making really difficult subjects seem trivially easy to understand.

There's loads of interesting trivia too, like I didn't know why Wall Street is called that (because it was the site of the wall built in New Amsterdam to keep the British and Indians out)

Unfortunately, that version has a really horrible background noise to it. It's a really bad quality recording, the only one I've come across on Audible.

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

Unfortunately, that version has a really horrible background noise to it. It's a really bad quality recording, the only one I've come across on Audible.

Gah, shame. I have a different version already on my phone - just need to find 50h to devote to it. 

I keep forgetting to mention this, but is anyone into the Pilgrim stories by Sebastien Baczkiewicz? The story of a guy on a pilgrimage to Canterbury in the twelfth century who gets cursed to walk the Earth forever by the King of the Faeries, and ends up in modern times having adventures and righting wrongs, just like Caine in Kung Fu.

They are amazing, and Audible have these superbly produced BBC full cast recordings of them, with Paul Hilton as Pilgrim.

I am addicted, you may we’ll be too:

https://www.audible.co.uk/series?asin=B01DFJL79U