rllmuk
Dig Dug

Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Can someone update the thread title? little over 24hrs to go! I want roguelike mode!!

I'll get everything I want, from Boss Rush mode to extra playable characters :) Roguelike sounds fun, but if it'll be anything like BB's chalices dungeons, I won't be too fuzzed about it not making the cut.

I'm in a quandary; for some reason I was going to go for the $175 tier option with the art book, digital game and a physical copy too and go for the digital on Vita and physical on Wii U. I dunno why, it's a stupid amount of money for something I've no idea how will turn out. Plus bar Steam I don't have the other platforms to play it on (but I might in two years I suppose).

But then I see both of those versions are going to depend on the succeess of Armature Studio porting UE4 to both platforms which sounds like a big ask. Anyone know how good they did with the various Vita ports they've done (MGS HD, Batman: AO Blackgate, Injustice) and Batman: AO Blackgate on Wii U?

Yeah, that is a stupid amount now I break it down. It works out at 72 quid for an art book and some other tat if you knock off the backer costs of a digital and physical game, I do like an art book but I'm not that mad for it especially if it turns out to be one of those "art only, no words" ones which I'm not a massive fan of.

What's the most ridiculous tier anyone on here dares reveal they've gone for?

• Upvote 2

Armature's MGSHD port to the Vita was excellent, some mild alpha blending issues notwithstanding. I'm contemplating backing the digital release so I can upgrade later if I decide I really want to spend $60 on a slipcase and an extra boss, or $100 on a retro game manual and a lapel pin.

Hang on, if you've backed you can upgrade your backing after it's all finished? Or do you just mean you're getting in now then maybe upgrading later on today?

Their FAQ says you can upgrade your pledge when they put out the backer survey to get everyone's platform preferences. Backerkit has that as a default feature I think.

This has now reached the 5 million end target with the paypal donations (150k+) which are not included in the kickstarter page total. There's only eight hours to go so if you want to support it then it's going to be rife with content.

Well damn they've just added a new 5.5m tier:

BOSS REVENGE MODE

If I wanted a digital and physical copy without spending daft amounts, could I back two tiers?

You can add them when the survey goes out too I think.

I'm actually going to drop $60 on a physical Vita edition. I may even drop $100 for the fucking badge.

I'm a bit confused. Just gone for one physical one and see how it pans out I guess. At the rate it's going it's probably going to end up at three billion dollars or something, pretty incredible really. It's been good to watch, well managed with all the tiers, metagame updates and stretch goals, plus Iga just seems like a really nice bloke who fucking loves games and wants to make one that everyone wants.

I just realised, any and all physical stuff is probably going to likely incur some sort of import charge is it not?

Well over $5m now, including the $180k so far from external paypal payments. Going to hit that final $5.5m stretch? Might do.

I hadn't thought about import duty, anything under a certain amount should have it waived, but the 20% VAT is going to be significant. Switched to a digital reward while I figure out what a slipcase and backer DLC are worth to me.

Word has it that we crossed $5.5m.

I misread it as $5,000 pledged of $500,000 goal, and I was like 'shit'...but then realised as people just above state, it's like 1000% of the goal in the bag!?!? Impressive. Does look really good! So will look forward to seeing if I can play it perhaps when it's released, in March 2017 apparently!

I hadn't thought about import duty, anything under a certain amount should have it waived, but the 20% VAT is going to be significant. Switched to a digital reward while I figure out what a slipcase and backer DLC are worth to me.

Word has it that we crossed $5.5m.

And £8 handling charge. That is why I didn't go for the physical, despite being tempted.

With our current Paypal total of $213k from nearly 2400 backers, we've hit $5.5 million! That means you've already unlocked our trap-door stretch goal!

Two more hours to go, too. But yay, that's the Boss Revenge mode unlocked as well :) I have no idea what it is, but if it's something even as simple as an extra hard Boss Rush mode, then I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

Reminder: this is what we're getting:

- an entirely new IGAvania game, including IGA's biggest castle yet

- three completely different playable characters

- an extra Nightmare difficulty mode

- Speed Run mode

- Boss Rush mode

- Boss Revenge mode

- a roguelike dungeon

- an extra 8-bit level

- a prequel minigame

- local co-op

- asynchronous online multiplayer

- an online challenge mode

- amazing chiptune music, orchestral tracks and VOs by David Hayter

... and much more, on pretty much every current platform.

I fully expect this to become one of the best games ever made, beating even Dawn of Sorrow.

Yes! Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been successfully funded!

youdontsay.jpeg

$5,545,892, raised by 64,866 backers. Well done, IGA.

... And now the waiting starts.

Two more hours to go, too. But yay, that's the Boss Revenge mode unlocked as well :) I have no idea what it is, but if it's something even as simple as an extra hard Boss Rush mode, then I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

It said on one of the newsletters that the boss revenge mode is you playing as the bosses, where the 'bosses' you face will be the 'good guys' :D

• Upvote 1

I had to back this as I want to be part of this potentially very special game.

And £8 handling charge. That is why I didn't go for the physical, despite being tempted.

Yeah, I was convincing myself I could afford a higher tier when I realised, so ended up sacking off the physical idea entirely given even a basic physical copy would be pushing sixty quid.

youdontsay.jpeg

$5,545,892, raised by 64,866 backers. Well done, IGA.

... And now the waiting starts.

Christ. That's an average of $85 each!

Just received an email asking to confirm my address for this. Is it normal to receive such an email so soon? Thinking about it, I pledged for a digital copy only. I guess it's just an error of automation?

I had that too. If you click through, it won't actually ask you for postal details if they aren't necessary; it still needs to know what platform you want it on though, and what region you're in.

You can change your mind after you've picked. You'll get an email with a link that lets you update the information provided.

I went for Vita, but there's no guarantee it'll stay that way :)

Gone for Steam myself. I've found any 2D esque games with high quality art look stunning if you downscale them on PC - especially from 4k. It could look no better than the PS4/Xbox One version but there is little chance it'll be worse given that the PC/PS4/Xbox One version are all being done by the main dev team.