Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

It's expensive as far as kickstarters go ($28 for digital download) so what you really need to ask yourself is how badly you want more of this kind of game. I'm not sure if it will meet its $500,000 goal personally,

It's halfway there now :D He'll be fine.

IGAVANIA MANIA, baby :D Already up to 320,000 and it's obvious that enough people wanted to see a proper metroidvania from the master himself on a proper modern console. Looking forward to it, but can somebody check if Spainkiller is still alive and didn't explode in pure bloodlustful joy after hearing the news?

That reminds me, he did a YouTube video with on DoubleFine's channel last week where they play through and commentate a couple of hours of SotN. It's part of a series of devs playing games they do

It took yooka-layee 6 hours to hit $1,000,000 right?

I think the reason this kickstarter is working so well is because like Mighty No.9 it is a spirtual successor to a game series that is incredibly popular in the United States. Megaman and Castlevania are both games with their roots grounded in the NES and where two of the systems most popular series, America loves the NES and in a strange way these games, not the ones that came out in the 2000s, but these kickstarter games represent the second coming for these franchises.

Obviously Bloodtsained has its roots in Symphony of the Night but the name Castlevania alone is enough to attract the interest in the same kind of consumer who pleged money into Mighty No.9. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a huge crossover between people who back both games.

Thuis must surely be the best kickstarter video ever. The screens did look a bit generic though. But with the 2-3 million this will gather it could get really special. Also nice that they mention beforehand that this won't be their only source of funding.