World Endurance Championship (WEC) Thread

22 minutes ago, marsh said:

Le mans cup on youtube now, there's a lambo Gt3 car griefing LMP3 cars right now, bloody wonderful. Getting rinsed in the corners but on the straights that and the ferrari are being rudely quick.

This was a problem before they bumped up the LMP2s a couple of years ago, the best of the GTEs were pretty much with them in a straight line.

So they were having to do all their lapping on the brakes which was dangerous and damaging to said brakes.

4 minutes ago, mexos said:

Just installed the Eurosport app on my tv. Subscribed for the month for 6.99. Bosh. Will cancel after the race. Didn’t even know they had an app.  

It’s decent, I got it for the TdF, and I’m pretty sure they’ll do uninterrupted coverage of Le Mans too. 

They interrupt it with a fuck load of ads but other than that I think you're right.

Time for my annual rant about badge engineering.

The "Alpine" run by Signatech is not, it's an Oreca.  The #50 "Richard Mille Racing Team" Oreca car is actually their teammate.

The 2 "G-Drive Racing" cars are NOT teammates.

The 26 is run by TDS and the "Racing Team Nederland" car is actually their teammate, neither is it an "auris" it's a fucking Oreca.

The 16 "G-Drive" is teammates to the 25 Oreca.

The 37 "Jackie Chan" and 38 "JOTA" cars are also teammates.

Also while we're here, the #70 "MR Racing" car is actually AF Corse, just like the 51,71,52,54 and 83.

Running Eurosport App on iPhone and beaming it to Apple TV... Cuts out stream every 2 minutes. <_<

How can I put the Eurosport app directly in the Apple TV box? Its a 3rd gen one without the App Store on the front-page...

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

They interrupt it with a fuck load of ads but other than that I think you're right.

Time for my annual rant about badge engineering.

The "Alpine" run by Signatech is not, it's an Oreca.  The #50 "Richard Mille Racing Team" Oreca car is actually their teammate.

The 2 "G-Drive Racing" cars are NOT teammates.

The 26 is run by TDS and the "Racing Team Nederland" car is actually their teammate, neither is it an "auris" it's a fucking Oreca.

The 16 "G-Drive" is teammates to the 25 Oreca.

The 37 "Jackie Chan" and 38 "JOTA" cars are also teammates.

Also while we're here, the #70 "MR Racing" car is actually AF Corse, just like the 51,71,52,54 and 83.

I’m reasonably sure if they do it the same as Tour de France that on the app/website there’s a stream without ads 

Anyone got any particular favourites here?

In my case the #29 Racing for Nederland/TDS LMP2 currently 2nd (The Jumbo car). They're Minardi affiliated so I'm biased.  Fritz Van Eerd who is one of the three drivers in that car is the only man to win an F1 race in a Minardi.

image.png.9d34417e0962c85a73a0a910ebb17c4e.png

29 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Anyone got any particular favourites here?

In my case the #29 Racing for Nederland/TDS LMP2 currently 2nd (The Jumbo car). They're Minardi affiliated so I'm biased.  Fritz Van Eerd who is one of the three drivers in that car is the only man to win an F1 race in a Minardi.

image.png.9d34417e0962c85a73a0a910ebb17c4e.png

The lesson here is never bet on Dudley.

Weather going to make this very fruity. An old school chum goes every year, he says it the best long weekend of his life.

I feel like the need to attend once the hypercar rules sort themselves out.

That ByKolles crash.

You knew they had to top all their other fuck ups with the last race for the ENSO but they delivered.

Wing falls off on a kerb and then crashes again trying to get back to the pits.

Bravo.