rllmuk
MDY

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

She's so much better at selling the physicality than the Canary we're left with on Arrow.

She's so much better than the Canary we're left with on Arrow full stop! One of the many reasons I'm losing patience with the show.

I gave up on Gotham at the laughable eye ball stomp in series 1!

Personally quite enjoy Gotham it really picked up by later half of the season and season2 has mostly been OK ( not to say it hasn't had its up and downs).

God that season was so shit. Not in a still fun you can still watch sort of way it was rank for pretty much all of it. When the best part of a season is a rather predictable will he won't he die scene mid way through you in trouble.

First episode out and I enjoyed it. Nice set up, the time travel aspect allows them to do so much more than a usual superhero series and I liked the team dynamic.

And Caity Lotz is just :wub:

I was a bit disappointed, way too much exposition, but hopefully that's all out the way now.

Couldn't quite believe that scene with Jax and Martin though, who thought that was a good idea post-Cosby? It was a terrible plan too, imagine if someone had've walked in just after Jax collapsed. "Professor?! Why is there a young student collapsed on your floor next to a whiskey tumbler?" "It's ok! He's my partner, it's all consensual, I'm only drugging him so that I can kidnap him and drag him into a time ship. We're going back to the 70's, woo!"

I had somehow missed the fact that Rory the Roman was playing Rip Hunter. He's just as awesome here. :)

I loved this. There was a fair bit of exposition, but I thought it was surprisingly economical with it all the same bearing in mind how many established characters it had to reintroduce. More importantly it was really good fun!

I was a bit disappointed, way too much exposition, but hopefully that's all out the way now.

Couldn't quite believe that scene with Jax and Martin though, who thought that was a good idea post-Cosby? It was a terrible plan too, imagine if someone had've walked in just after Jax collapsed. "Professor?! Why is there a young student collapsed on your floor next to a whiskey tumbler?" "It's ok! He's my partner, it's all consensual, I'm only drugging him so that I can kidnap him and drag him into a time ship. We're going back to the 70's, woo!"

Yeah having one of the proper good guys do that, was disconcerting.

All in all good, managed to introduce the largish team quick enough and have a bit of story in the first episode which wasn't bad going.

Has Stein's wife gone back to her home olanet? You'd think she'd have wanted a say. Or was there an after credits scene of her unconscious somewhere with a glass of wine next to her.

• Upvote 4

Still fun and adventure. Just turn your brain off over the time travel elements. CL is killing it.

Real problem with Savage though - he's just not threatening enough (he was ok in the Flash/Arrow cross over) and there seem be a problem with his immortality and plot holes

So you kill him...but just leave him there to resurrect?

Throw him in a volcano. Dump him in acid. Bury him in concrete. Taking back to the ship and keep taking turns to stab him until Kendra is awake and can do it for real.

Beating him and walking off to see when he comes back felt like nonsense - which I'm guessing the show knew since it skipped right past it quickly

I'm continuing to enjoy the show, and especially liked Snart and Sarah's stuff this week. But man, the acting style of Rip Hunter is really bothering me. I wish he's just look people in the eye instead of bowing his head and staring at a point 10 inches from his face. It literally makes him look like he's blind.

They had a helpless Savage, instead of wringing their hands about how to stop an immortal they should of just wrapped him in chains and pushed him out over the middle of the Atlantic. Hell they have a spaceship, boot the fucker out the airlock by the moon.

EDIT: Haha, so annoyed was I by that dumb plot point that I rushed to post that without even reading Hexx's post.

It's getting harder to love this in spite of it's lazy writing.

No one has seen Oliver for 15 years! Oh he's in his base.

What's a fixed time, what's detrimental to the timeline, what leaves a mark, what's a rule, what can and can't be changed etc fluctuates weekly. Time travel has often been treated with a forgiving eye in storytelling but to have Rip make wildly different proclamations each week as the plot needs it's getting harder to ignore.

Not even gonna touch "Conner Hawke"

1 hour ago, Spleen said:

Yeah, I like this too. So very daft.

I laughed when Oliver appeared with grey hair.

Well after the recent success of Deadpool, can you really blame him for attempting a stealth Cable audition? ;)