Graham S retired

New people: say hello here, let us know how you found rllmuk!

It was obvious Witchypoos was Clippa after reading one post.

I just assumed the mods had decided to let him stay as he’s obviously got issues and was visibly trying (probably as well as was possible for him) to be normal.

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Was Clippa banned? There's no mention of a banning in the banned thread.

Anyway, welcome, @formallyhuman. I like your punny username. 

So we swap a formally human person for a banned alt person. ZOMBIES!

This is like Jesus vs Barbados*.

*I was perma-banned from Sunday School for that one. 

9 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Was Clippa banned? There's no mention of a banning in the banned thread.

@formallyhuman

For info - he requested his account nuked as I recall

Seems he can't stay away or craves a new start but can't stop the other stuff.

I jokingly mentioned in the discord that it was interesting to see clippa returning ;) (mainly because of the post style and the fact that he made a bee-line to the shmups thread) but opinion seemed to be divided.

Hi @formallyhuman !

Another newcomer; although I've lurked for a few years and frequented the increasingly dilapidated Edge forums. 

Also know a fair few of the new folk that have sprung up in recent weeks. 

Currently enjoying my horse shitting in RDR2, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods and Gorogoa. 

Having some awareness of the forum, I'm not quite sure what I'm letting myself in for. 

A Leicester fan, so go gently on me, still grieving poor old Vichai's death. 

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 2

On 26/10/2018 at 17:08, skondo said:

thebearandbadger is a cosy little place on the internet to discuss all and sundry. I joined the community in 2007 when it was still Edge forum. Some years later, Edge updated their forum to a new 'oh my god it's so awful I can't believe my eyes forum' and a few people left. Some of us stuck with it, but the support was awful and it soon became clear that Edge were more focussed on Facebook and Twitter, so a clever tech chap designed a new forum not affiliated with Edge in any way and the majority of us migrated to this new forum - The Bear and Badger. I can't remember exactly when the forum was born, but I'm guessing about six years ago.

It's a nice forum, with some really good people on there. Focus is videogames, but as I stated above, all and sundry are covered. I decided to leave about a month ago as I was no longer enjoying visiting the site. Too much bitching and trolling which no one did anything about. Very little of this trolling was directed at me, but nonetheless I got sick of reading it. Hopefully I won't have to here. It also suffers from a lack of new blood, which leads to the obvious and predictable people making the same 'jokes' week after week in the same thread and there is also a tiny minority of utter bellends who just seem intent on flaming and ruining threads.

It's not the friendly and welcoming place it once was.

You make it sound terrible! It's actually rather pleasant for the most part. With a small community that's known each other for years and in many cases are good friends.

But it is getting a bit quiet over there, which is one of the reasons I joined here too a while back (I'm JonB over there). Happy to be part of both places.

Anyway, good to see you here Skondo. And, hi @Stopharage

@feltmonkey @ZOK @Clipper

requesting an account nuke doesn't automatically get someone a life ban... the process is however quite a lot of work for the staff, so if it's deemed to be on frivolous grounds it might be a different case. Sometimes people have a good reason for wanting to nuke an account and come back as somebody more anonymous. Some do it because their account gets a reputation they don't like and then they come back and are so obviously the same person, with the same results and that's a bit of a waste of time really innit. Tsk.

On 04/11/2018 at 19:56, Stopharage said:

Another newcomer; although I've lurked for a few years and frequented the increasingly dilapidated Edge forums. 

Also know a fair few of the new folk that have sprung up in recent weeks. 

Currently enjoying my horse shitting in RDR2, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods and Gorogoa. 

Having some awareness of the forum, I'm not quite sure what I'm letting myself in for. 

A Leicester fan, so go gently on me, still grieving poor old Vichai's death. 

your horse gets around a bit, eh?

• Upvote 3

On 06/11/2018 at 12:25, milko said:

@feltmonkey @ZOK @Clipper

requesting an account nuke doesn't automatically get someone a life ban... the process is however quite a lot of work for the staff, so if it's deemed to be on frivolous grounds it might be a different case. Sometimes people have a good reason for wanting to nuke an account and come back as somebody more anonymous. Some do it because their account gets a reputation they don't like and then they come back and are so obviously the same person, with the same results and that's a bit of a waste of time really innit. Tsk.

I came back as a new account as I was getting bored of trying to hit 10000 negs. It was just a bit of fun for me, but it was a bit daft and obviously rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way. I hope my new incarnation is less abrasive.

Talking of account removals, I did ask for my old one to be erased, but that never happened. At least, I asked for it to be renamed, after some comedic mod decided to change it to something a bit piss-takey. That never happened either. Any chance it can get wiped now?

The old 'social experiment' angle.

Mods have already said it's a load of work to delete all content. Given how magnanimous and unconcerned with petty criticism you are it's surely beneath you to worry about such trivial goings on from the distant past. 

• Upvote 1

RLLMUK, Rllmuk and rllmuk are different names right?

RLLMUK was Robs forum.

Rllmuk was my own forum, with Rob being lazy and not moderating (the forum needed no moderation)

rllmuk is this one, owned by mystery people.

• Downvote 5

On 07/05/2015 at 21:00, Graham S retired said:

Typical!

Sorry new people, you'll have to put up with that sort of thing around here. TireReviews Don't be shy!

Everybody be cool! This one is going to be great! We're going to get floods of brilliant new people in here, just you wait.

Hi,

I am new here. Hello everybody, nice to be part of this amazing new forum.

• Upvote 5

On 15/11/2018 at 18:54, JPL said:

I came back as a new account as I was getting bored of trying to hit 10000 negs. It was just a bit of fun for me, but it was a bit daft and obviously rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way. I hope my new incarnation is less abrasive.

Talking of account removals, I did ask for my old one to be erased, but that never happened. At least, I asked for it to be renamed, after some comedic mod decided to change it to something a bit piss-takey. That never happened either. Any chance it can get wiped now?

Didn't see this - did you ask a mod / admin and did it happen? We can certainly rename it easily enough.

On 05/02/2019 at 12:33, Dwand1947 said:

amazing new

Man, the forum's nearly old enough to vote.

It is just about old enough to legally have sex, and not just talk about it as if it knew what it was on about...

One of the gajillion names that scroll past at the end, eh? Better than being included because you're the publisher's PA...

• Upvote 1

On 09/02/2019 at 22:09, merrychan said:

Hi all!

Been lurking and occasionally posting but thought it's only polite to say hello.

I'm a games programmer who worked on Rage 2, Mad Max, F1, 50 Cent : Blood on the sand, Haze and Timesplitters : Future Perfect. ( Had a rip roaring time on all of them but I'm just one of the many at the coal face :) )

Sega Saturn still remains a firm favourite retro wise and a big fan of Treasure games, other than that these days it appears I spend my time playing the Souls :), discovering PSVR and being a Switch fanboy.

Really enjoying the forum, reminds me of the good old Nextgen forum days (the ace games shop that used to be in Farnborough)

This place was mentioned a few years back on the bordersdown forums so I had a look and I'm still here.

Welcome! I also date back to nextgen (and ntsc-U.K./bordersduuuuuhhhnnn) but don't recognize your username - who did you use to be?

R0X? Dazzyman? No, wait - DC-Arena?

Incidentally I have also recently been wondering if @earlymodernsteve is any relation to museumsteve.