rllmuk

Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel and More

The play sets are sold in packs with one of two figures that can be used with them. To get all the content in the game you need to buy the six  play set packs and also the two add on pieces mentioned above. If you get the starter pack you get one of them (Star Wars Twilight of the Republic).

The individual figures sold seperartly only let you use them in the toy box mode without the play sets which is all that is unlocked on the disc without the play set pieces

• Upvote 1

Yes - and there are the non-specific play sets that you need the item for but can use with any character.

toybox takedown, racer and the new Capt American-powerstone one can all be played with any character from 1,2 and 3.

The themed playsets can only be played with the related characters - so  Guardians of the Galaxy only works with Star Lord, Gamorrah etc. Finding Dory only works with Dory and Nemo.

one further point - while all playsets work with the same base, you can't use a DI2 playset in version 3 of the software. So again, for GotG you'd need DI2 in order to play the playset. But any character can be used in the Toybox and the non-specific playsets.

• Upvote 1

More cancelled stuff - this time from the new Disney movie, Moana - not sure if that box shot is real or a mock up, but the playset looks to have been some way developed -

Capture.PNG

Captureg.PNG

Capturej.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh well..

Since announcing the discontinuation of production on Disney Infinity, the team has been exploring timelines for the closure of the game’s online versions and community features. The goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what players can expect. It’s important to note that:

The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer

Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and players will be able to upload and download any of their favorite Toy Box creations.

As of today (July 29, 2016):

No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed

Players can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.

As of September 30, 2016:

Players will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity. These will no longer be available on the respective app stores

The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued

Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the App Store

The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. 

However, when playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, players can continue to download their favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017.

As of January 3, 2017

No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed.

As of March 3, 2017

Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable

All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued

To learn more about which services of Disney Infinity are being removed or information related to each game version, visit the Closing FAQs located here http://help.disney.com/Disney-Infinity for additional information.

The Disney Infinity website will continue to be updated frequently prior to March 3, 2017 to provide the Disney Infinity community with news and status of the game across all platforms should the status change.

We finally played Marvel Battlegrounds at the weekend. Not bad in a Powerstone knock off kind of way. Much more limited than PS but good fun for an hour. And it lets you borrow characters you don't own to try them out. 

Oh that's good I'll be giving that a try. Girls love the game & I have picked up 1.0 for the 360. Annoying that the PS4 base does not work with the 360? So I've purchased another to try.

Need to take stock of what figures & playsets I own to see what else I need if any.

Not spent much time on the toybox mode but the few I downloaded the girls were bored with pretty quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up a starter set for the wii u from game for £6. No idea what we've got or what works with what but for £6 can't grumble. 

It's got a Monsters University and a pirates of the Caribbean level, which my kids have been enjoying. We're not looking to buy everything but since its getting wound down, is there anything that's decent to add to the starter set?

21 minutes ago, LaParka said:

Picked up a starter set for the wii u from game for £6. No idea what we've got or what works with what but for £6 can't grumble. 

It's got a Monsters University and a pirates of the Caribbean level, which my kids have been enjoying. We're not looking to buy everything but since its getting wound down, is there anything that's decent to add to the starter set?

Focus on playsets only (these give you a new story mode to enjoy) & of course any characters your kids like.

https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/play-sets

I think you have got Disney Infinity 1.0?

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, LaParka said:

Yeah that's infinity 1.0.

The Toy Story, Cars and Lone Ranger play sets will work with the disc you have. You'll need to buy the 2.0 software for the Marvel stuff and the 3.0 software for the Star Wars, inside out and finding dory sets.

The Lone Ranger is the pick of the play sets gameplay wise, although my two liked the toy story set best

Only figures marked Disney infinity will work on the toy box, not ones that say 2.0 or 3.0

• Upvote 1

Awesome, thanks chaps. I think we might search for the lone ranger, but for £6 they've already played it enough time to get their moneys worth :)

Had a look online and all I can see is people being very angry with how Disney are winding it down...  

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, LaParka said:

Had a look online and all I can see is people being very angry with how Disney are winding it down...  

I think a large part of that is because the reason they're winding it down is that it wasn't making  enough money. Though having worked on it, and with Avalanche, I can sort of see why Disney might have thought it was too much hassle.

They were a talented bunch, but the company was really awkwardly set up/managed, with a massive staff split up into several teams that didn't seem to talk to each other, were incredibly territorial and all worked just differently enough that people doing the same job on different teams couldn't help each other if needed.

Plus the engine was creaky and old fashioned and the tools were obtuse after working with Unreal or Unity. And the development schedule was utterly unrealistic, and I'm told that getting the different property companies to agree to having their characters appearing together was difficult, even though Disney owned everything.

But it's still a shame.

• Upvote 2

For those looking for cheap characters/sets, Tesco have now reduced to clear all they Disney infinity items including the recent finding dory sets (sold out at my local :( ).

Finding dory playset £7

Nemo £3.50

Disney infinity 3.0 figures between £1.50 and £3.25 (most at the higher price)

Power discs 50pa pack

Play sets between 4 and 6 pounds

Starter packs 6 pounds

Nationwide deal, should scan at above prices even if shelf label is showing higher.

• Upvote 4

Battlegrounds is a fun, if lightweight, arena fighter. It's well worth a few goes. The racing one isn't bad either. It's no Crash Team Racing but handles and plays well.

Toybox Takedown is the same, it's a very light version of Diablo, which is great for playing with the kids. 

• 7 months later...

Went into The Entertainer in the Bullring, Birmingham at lunchtime today - they've loads of figures for this on sale for £4 each so I picked up a Kylo Ren (Light FX version) and Vader.

Not touched this game in months - and still have plenty of TFA sections to finish so I might have a go at the weekend.  I REALLY wanted Ren and Vader so I was delighted to find them for so cheap.

Forgot to buy my son's friend a birthday present for his party on Saturday which was the entire point of going there in the first place but never mind - I'm happy even if he won't be.

• Upvote 1