rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sixbuttons

RLLMUK World Drivers Championship Season 8 (formerly the F1 Championship) (pcars PS4)

Spent two days sanding, filling and then painting the basement. And then I find the bloody thing has a leak from somewhere and water pisses in when it rains heavily.

My cockpit has a (major) leak.

Spent two days sanding, filling and then painting the basement. And then I find the bloody thing has a leak from somewhere and water pisses in when it rains heavily.

My cockpit has a (major) leak.

Get Meerman round to put his thumb in the leak. Sorted.

Pre-ordered it today. Now i need to actually renew my PSN thing & check my wheel still works & find all the bits for it, hope i've still got the Round rim for it somewhere.

• Upvote 1

I never liked him anyway.

:(

Anyone seen or read anything about the PS4 and people using Fanatec kit? Not that I am nervous or anything.

Also, the other day I received my Trustmaster T300RS with pedals AND a 7-speed shifter. Still waiting for my Wheel Stand Pro to get fully kitted up in the living room 8-)

It's finally happening. After so many years of learning, steadily improving and getting yelled at by Meerman in Forza, F1 and DiRT, I'm moving up to the big league!

• Upvote 2

Right, Dims and P-Dogg, you will both be guaranteed in IF both Snowman and Picasso fail confirm their participating by Friday. If not you two will be first and second reserve.

p1nseeker, you'll be first (or third) reserve for the time being (sign up will run for a while after release). To run 2 groups we'll need 24 racers though - I do not want to run with less than 12 per group to allow for dropouts and weeks off because small grids = sadness.
Hopefully after release we'll get a glut of interest though.
Gotta admit, I got a little bit hype reading the last few pages of the actual thread. A sim racing game with a worthwhile single player component?

That logo is amazing! Gary himself is impressed if the amount of time he spent sniffling my iPad screen is anything to go by.

Sadly I am probably going to miss the launch night/weekend fun as I've been hit by a pretty nasty bout of food poisoning from some fish I ate on Sunday, which has then compounded itself by developing a nasty eye infection that I am susceptible to when my immune system is on the fritz. On a positive note, it's meant that Gary has stopped moaning for food all the time and instead has been sitting/sleeping at the foot of my bed pretty much 24/7 to make sure I'm not overdoing things. Hurrah for Gary. Boo for fish.

Have fun folks - see you on track soon!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to raise something potentially unpopular.

I still want to retain this primarily as an open wheel championship in the spirit of what we've done before, but I do think there will be enough content that we could explore a few other events too. Special Touring Car sprint races, 90 minute 24hr accelerated clock races, a NASCAR event.

Not like a hodgepodge as I used to organise in Forza or anything like that, it's just it would be a shame to restrict us solely to the open wheel standard is all. If we were, say, to have 15 rounds, 12 of them as we've done before, with 3 of them inviting some of the other content, what would be the mood?

It's worth talking about even if it's a big fat no.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good.

Im not convinced Formula A will be the way to go on this anyway. Could be more fun had in some of the Formula B cars, mixed with some touring.

I was thinking we could look more towards Classic or the F3/Formula E equivelent classes to be honest. Cars that give way a little more and make whizzbang noises are more fun to drive than the big powerful beasts.

• Upvote 1

I'm up for the main one obviously being Formula A/Formula B (whichever one suits best), but would absolutely be interested in running touring car races, sports car races... go karts? Anything :)

Most people won't have it as it is a Limited Edition exclusive for now, but the BMW Pro Cars are brilliant fun. They used to run the Pro Car race on Saturday after F1 qualifying in 1979 - 1980 with the top 6 qualified F1 drivers against a load of younger drivers and it was brilliant stuff to watch.

Aye, add me to the go kart club too. I'll be honest, I wasn't sure exactly when this was out, so it was a nice surprise to get my dispatch email this morning. With any luck it'll come tomorrow. The only thing dampening my enthusiasm is the lack of a wheel. Maybe this game will sway me...

I've now got two wheels as I didnt think the CSR would work with this so bought the Thrustmaster when it was cheap recently :wacko:

Will have a play with both but might have something for sale soon.