rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sixbuttons

RLLMUK World Drivers Championship Season 8 (formerly the F1 Championship) (pcars PS4)

Hereby the set-up for the inaugural Project CARS forum league on PS4 :) Open for everyone to join - though commitment to all rounds is appreciated, it's not required.

Please post your forum username and PSN username in the Online thread if you'd like to join so I can keep score.

Questions or remarks? Please let me know!

RLLMUK World Drivers Championship - Summer 2015

post-10054-0-78365800-1435337004_thumb.j

Standings after round 3/5:

1. Joe_McSpeed (McSpeed) - 48

2. Buchy- (Buchy87) - 45

3. SharkyOB_76 (SharkyOB) - 43

4. SlimmJD (John0) - 35

5. Mattmospheric86 (mattmospheric86) - 32

6. The_Discoooo (The Disco) - 25

7. Yinnyboy360 (Thread Astaire) - 10

NC mexos3 (Mexos) - 0

NC Dimahoo1973 (Dimahoo) - 0

Regulations:

Grid size: 2-16 players

AI opponents: none

Weather: always dry

Date: same day as current in real life

Assists: no restrictions (recommended: 'Real')

Damage: performance impacting

Mechanical failures: yes

Tire wear: x3

Fuel usage: real

Flags & penalties: on

Points system: same as F1 2015 season

Round 1 | MONDAY 29 JUNE 21:00 GMT

Cars: GT3 class

Track: Hockenheim GP

Qualifying: 15 minutes

Race: 25 laps

Start: 8:00 (qualifying) / +/- 15:30 (race)

Time progression: x30

Rolling start: yes

Round 1 results:

Race:

post-10054-0-42816600-1435676358_thumb.j

Qualifying:

post-10054-0-64689100-1435676366_thumb.j

Round 2 | MONDAY 6 JULY 21:00 GMT

Cars: Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm

Track: Bathurst

Race: 15 laps

Start: 12:00 (qualifying) / 12:15 (race)

Time progression: real time

Round 2 Results:

Race:

1. The_Discoooo (The Disco) - 25

2. SharkyOB_76 (SharkyOB) - 18

3. Joe_McSpeed (McSpeed) - 15

4. Buchy- (Buchy87) - 12

5. SlimmJD (John0) - 10

6. Mattmospheric86 (mattmospheric86) - 8

NC mexos3 (Mexos)

Qualifying:

(To follow soon)

Round 3 | MONDAY 13 JULY 21:00 GMT

Cars: Renault Clio Cup

Track: Azure Circuit

Race: 20 laps

Start: 9:00 (qualifying) / 9:15 (race)

Time progression: real time

Rolling start: no

Round 3 Results:

post-10054-0-27618300-1436865815_thumb.j

post-10054-0-55979900-1436865846_thumb.j

Round 4 | MONDAY 20 JULY 21:00 GMT

Cars: LMP1 class

Track: Monza GP

Race: 25 laps

Start: 8:00 (qualifying) / +/- 15:30 (race)

Time progression: x30

Round 5 (final) | MONDAY 27 JULY 21:00 GMT

Cars: Formula B

Track: Watkins Glen GP

Qualifying: 30 minutes

Race: 20 laps

Start: 13:00 (qualifying) / 14:00 (race)

Time progression: x2

Rolling start: no

• Upvote 2

Yay everyone! ^________^

I'm in! Any chance we could make it earlier than 9pm? Or will people still not be able to get back in time?

I'm erring on the side of caution for the time being. I don't have any problem with making it earlier personally though.

... I'll play, even if I don't know any of you.

How long are you expecting the races to last each evening?

ANY OF US!? :/\/\/\/\/\/\ (ps this is my friend he is not as loud as me)

For the time being, going on past history, allow 90 minutes for the whole session (15 mins quali + 45-60 minute race + additional server/load times/etc etc) although exactly the form it will take I cannot actually say until we have the game and can see what it can do. Any revision will be down from that figure rather than up though.

... I'll play, even if I don't know any of you.

How long are you expecting the races to last each evening?

For reference, if you thought the Kingford/Mood clusterfuck was bad last time, this guy means there will be three of us.

(well, if that didn't stop people signing up so I can get some race wins nothing will work).

Just gonna take this time to state something I should have stated at the start.

Can all former RLLMUK F1 racers declare their intentions by the 8th of May (pCars release day)? That's the last date by where you will have a guaranteed spot. If you are not IN by then, I cannot guarantee you'll be able to race.

If you have brackets next to your name in the first post it means you are not confirmed in. Post here and make yourself known.

ty k thx bi.

Just for reference, I can also race earlier - latest I can go at a push is 11pm, as I get up for work at 5am.

90 minutes from 9pm sounds fine, mind. I generally play Battlefield until then.

With nobody you guys would know. Obv.

• Upvote 1

For reference, if you thought the Kingford/Mood clusterfuck was bad last time, this guy means there will be three of us.

(well, if that didn't stop people signing up so I can get some race wins nothing will work).

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED

• Upvote 4

As long as the three of you have a furious battle for the fast lap championship that I can ruin by setting the race's fastest lap on my last time around then all good for me :eyebrows:

(I'm in)

I think you can save multiplayer replays with this. If so, I can perhaps edit together some pretty cool-looking highlights videos now I've finally turned to the dark side and bought a Mac.

Yeah the potential to make cool videos has shot up thanks to the PS4. It'll also be good for all those arguments about how it definitely wasn't my fault.

Also if I have to miss a race due to holidays or whatever I'm requesting some of you twitch it so I can watch on my iPad instead of enjoying whatever country I'm in.

We also need to have an award called the FFSM Moment of The Race, where we present the most spectacular section in video as part of the For Fuck's Sake Meerman (buy a fucking PS4) Award, tempting him to finally buy one.

• Upvote 1

Also if I have to miss a race due to holidays or whatever I'm requesting some of you twitch it so I can watch on my iPad instead of enjoying whatever country I'm in.

Ha! I never thought of that. We can use it to spam Meers too. Look how good this is!!!

I'm up for this, however is tuning involved? Will it require tinkering with the car and if you don't do that you are massively disadvantaged? I don;t really have any interest in messing about with minute settings.

I'm up for this, however is tuning involved? Will it require tinkering with the car and if you don't do that you are massively disadvantaged? I don;t really have any interest in messing about with minute settings.

tba, I simply haven't seen the game and the tuning options available. But I don't think many if any here are really interested in minute tweaking either - it's about the driver, not the car. I will be pushing for a reduced level of tuning where we are maybe only allowed to change downforce and gear ratio settings (basically as close to the F1 games as possible).

That probably doesn't help answer your question, but we have no idea until we've seen the game. Shall I put you on the list? :)

Should I frighten y'all with the tuning menus?! :twisted:

They're per-car, so options vary. You could have...

• Engine (fuel load, Quali fuel load, waste-gate pressure, brake mapping, restrictor)
  • Differential (limited slip diff (acceleration, deceleration, pre-load, viscous lock, radiator)
  • Suspension (spring rate, front and rear sway bars)
  • Alignment (steering ratio, left/right caster angle, front/rear and left/right camber angle, front rear toe-in angle)
  • Tyres & Brakes (front/rear and left/right tyre pressure, brake pressure, brake balance, brake duct, traction control slip)

Though there's a lot of possibility for improvement through changes, the default settings are probably the best I've encountered in a game of this type and the assists are good without doing it all for you if you're uncomfortable in a certain car.

As I've said in Discussion, you can get by with a small number of changes. Tyre choice can automatically change with the weather when you're in the pits and simple stuff like lowering the fuel level and dropping the final gear ratio can help enormously. Perhaps add steering ratio to that if you like a quicker or slower response as it seems to be okay to get round tight corners even at the default setting.

Whether or not that will let you be competitive...

Well, how fast are you? :coffee::D

[Edit]

League-wise, Grimes no-can-do. Life not good (but thank you for the tentative inclusion).

Maybe one day...

Do you want a list of the Event options, guys?

I made a bunch of screenshots the other day, so I can upload those or, er, well type out the choices that you'll soon see below.

For now, there's Structure & Sessions, Conditions and Restrictions.

In Structure & Sessions, you have:

• Private, Public and Friends-only invitations and can set a lobby name and password
  • Car class
  • Number of laps
  • Grid size
  • Number of human opponents
  • AI ('Yay', 'Nay', how many, skill level)
  • Rolling start (Whatever that is!)
  • Practice sessions (FP1, FP2)
  • Qualifying
  • Warm-up

If selected, Prac and Quali sessions run from 5 to 90 minutes.

Surprisingly, Conditions begins with weather options:

• 'Real', fixed or custom with up to four variants and fixed progression or up to 30x real-time
  • Date, starting time and time progression follow and the game time can be up to 60x

Restrictions adds:

• Force interior view
  • Force manual gears
  • Force realistic driving aids (e.g. traction control where it's part of a car's spec)
  • Allow ABS
  • Allow Stability Control
  • Allow Traction Control
  • Damage (visual-only, performance-impacting, FULL DAMAGE!!!!!)
  • Mechanical Failures
  • Tyre Wear (real, slow, x2, x7)
  • Fuel Usage (real, slow... I don't images for more and can't remember if it is like tyre wear or not)
  • Auto start engine
  • Flags & Penalties

I'll update the post if I remember more or spot an option I've missed.

Also...

We also need to have an award called the FFSM Moment of The Race, where we present the most spectacular section in video as part of the For Fuck's Sake Meerman (buy a fucking PS4) Award, tempting him to finally buy one.

Make this happen!

In BOLD letters too! All of it. As it is written.

A second Meerman award is needed for PC too.

I'll have to check that. I have a feeling it's the latter, which I suppose would tie in with my words about making small changes.

I could be entirely wrong though!

I don't actually know how I've saved the car settings – so if a chance comes up, I'll pick a car on a couple of tracks and compare the set-up screens. At least that'll quickly answer the question if no-one's arrived with one beforehand! It's probably a good idea to ask in Discussion, as there's a better chance of a speedy reply there.

Remember: I want full race reports and both Meers awards!

In bold! :blah:

[Really looking forward to you guys getting on the track again! Release Day can't arrive quickly enough just for that reason!]

I used to play auto gears in the F1 games. Bit of practice and you'll easy get manual.

It's a bit of fun end of the day. I'll use assists if I need to.

Ideally, manual gears for me, Minion.

Ignoring the 'Lo'/'Hi' sticks on arcade machines, I've been using them wherever I could since Revs about thirty years ago – but when necessary, I'll switch to auto and even have a car all but steer for me if it keeps me racing! I'm the same with controllers. My first choice will always be a wheel. I more commonly need alternatives though, so that's where a mouse, 360 pad or keyboard come in. Whatever keeps me dangerous on the track! :ph34r:

Supporting the earlier wall of text, here's one of the PC lobby set-up screens that I saved recently:

VO21E5v.jpg

• Upvote 2