Dirt Rally

Yoshimax

35 minutes ago, mexos said:

I'd love to join the league, but I have no idea how to do so!?

You're on PS4, right?

Link your PSN account to your Codemasters RaceNet account.

Send a request to RaLLyMUK PS4 (https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/30804/rallymuk-ps4) to join and send me a message here on the forum. I will then accept you in.

Fire up the game, look for Leagues in the menu then play the RaLLyMUK PS4 one.

The event expires just before midnight tonight, so be quick if you want to set a time for this one :)

Managed to complete the league rally - I did OK given that I didn't practise properly (had one quick run through this morning). I did make bad mistakes on the 1st, 3rd and 5th legs though, which cost me about 20-30 seconds a piece. The mistake on the 3rd leg was really bad and caused a puncture, which had me limping my way around the last 3rd of the course.

Quite happy with my performance overall, despite all the mistakes. I just went steady and focused on the co-drivers instructions to get me though -although there were a couple of points where he fired out more instructions than I could take in!

Looks like I won't be able to do mine as it won't let me start - "RaceNet is not available, please try again later". It signs in ok when I start the game fresh, but when I go to league, it gets as far as "checking for expired events" and then I get the not available message.

Well that is a massive fail. My headset came a bit lose so I stoped to re adjust and went to reset and start again. Turns out you can't restart again. Thanks for telling me that codies! You might want to put that on the screen before someone hist retire. So I have a DNF. 

Edited by mexos

12 minutes ago, mexos said:

Well that is a massive fail. My headset came a bit lose so I stoped to re adjust and went to reset and start again. Turns out you can't restart again. Thanks for telling me that codies! You might want to put that on the screen before someone hist retire. So I have a DNF. 

Aww, sad times Mexos. Just pause the game and continue straight away next time.

We generally always disable retries / restarts in the League - it is rallying after all - as indicated for this one too:

On 22-2-2017 at 14:29, McSpeed said:

New league! Play it in VR if you can :)

- 5 stages in Wales ran from TODAY 15:00 until SUNDAY 26TH OF FEBRUARY 23:30.

- Cars limited to Kitcars: Peugeot 306 Maxi and Seat Ibiza Kitcar.

- No retries, no restarts, no owned vehicles, no career engineers.

Edited by McSpeed

2 hours ago, Sponge said:

Nah it's proper borked for me.

I've left the league (and can now get into the leagues section without that message) and requested to join again. 

i had this on the previous event, i managed to take part by deleting my save, let us know how you get on leaving and re-joining the league. i haven't been on the pc version since to see if the current event works.

On 2/12/2017 at 00:32, spatular said:

did some googling on this, turned off cloud saves on steam, backed up then deleted the save game folder (\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\310560), loaded the game and now i could take part! was down on Sponge every stage between 3 and 30 seconds, ended up about 1:30 behind, 37:58.673, was pretty pleased with that. used the rs200, was interesting reading it might not be the best choice but i usually use it so switching would probably be a bad idea.

then things went wrong trying to get my save game back - expected the game to have made a new 310560 folder which i could replace with the backup...but it hadn't, i put the backup  save game folder back in the right place - load the game and it was just the empty save. but the modified date on the folder i put in there was updated, copied the backup over it again and still the empty save. in theory i still have a backup on the cloud, and my local backup...but not sure how to restore them. don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

panic over, got my old save game back, got confused because my steam games are in a folder mapped to another drive. d'oh! still can't access the online league from my old save mind. but apparently it might fix itself if someone creates a new event, so will see what happens next time.

cheers Joe for setting it up, the rallying was great fun :) (messing about with saves, not so much)

And here we are again! The results after this RaLLyMUK League round - with a record 15 entrants! - contesting on 5 stages in Wales driving Kit Cars:

1. Spatular - Seat Ibiza Kitcar - 23:41.191 (PS4)

2. Beezerley - Seat Ibiza Kitcar - 24:16.206 (PS4)

3. SharkyOB - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 24:58.355 (Steam)

4. Joe_McSpeed - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 25:12.187 (PS4)

5. MalcolmCJohnson - Seat Ibiza Kitcar - 25:27.886 (PS4)

6. Bazenza - Seat Ibiza Kitcar - 26:05.069 (PS4)

7. ColinMac - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 27:15.983 (PS4)

8. Polmon - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 27:21.868 (PS4)

9. Yinnyboy360 - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 27:57.286 (PS4)

10. JUNKERDENB - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 27:57.349 (PS4)

11. DrVVatson - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 28:01.383 (PS4)

12. colbaker27 - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 28:22.765 (PS4)

13. vladthegimp10 - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 28:43.065 (PS4)

14. Mike-1812 - Peugeot 306 Maxi - 30:14.864 (PS4)

15. Mexos - ? - DNF (PS4)

Cheers for joining all :) Wil look into setting up a new league on Monday or Tuesday. Requests are welcome - including the recent one asking for a rallycross league.

4 hours ago, DC07 said:

I *think* I'd like to join the league but don't know if I'm ready. Only joined since VR and not played all that much. Currently Clubman level and on course to finish a distant second in that Championship.

You've done more than me of the single player - I picked the game up just for the VR mode, and I've done about half the Open championship so far, and one (failed) Rallycross championship.

20 hours ago, ColinMac said:

"down through dip, through watersplash - into fencepost"

Every sodding time! In the VR anything in the after math of a water splash is invisible and placing a bloody fence post there isn't very nice.

I managed to go through the league rally yesterday and it was bloody amazing - my times are nowhere near and I didn't practice but man it was great fun!.  And I managed to finish the rally without my car blowing up or falling apart.  

It was a well put together set of stages I thought.

5 stages including 2 long ones was just the right length. Having the long, dark, terrifying one at the end gave you a decent chance of either catching up or screwing up.

Edited by Beezer

Cheers guys. It was good to host this one :) Very glad with the turnout and the positive feedback.

I think the Kit Car / Wales stages was a good match as well for VR!

I had a poor first experience with DiRT Rally in VR on Oculus many months ago - made me feel unwell due to a disconnect between the vision not matching the bumps.

So I changed to camera to 'fixed to car' (contrary what many here do - maybe because of my 'real life rally antics'?) and it's instantly WAY better for me.

Doing this League rally in VR was so exciting and I found myself gripping the wheel much more than before. Bumps (especially the many and massive ones in Wales) feel so much more intense. I just had to brake for some - not sure wether that slowed me down more compared to non-VR or because it was clever because you notice more details to drive to in VR!

And especially the night stage, as the headlights cast shadows with the trees and you can only see close by, felt really tense. I had to make up some good time to manage a spot in the top 3 for PS4 and actually did my best run there!