Dirt Rally

Yoshimax

1 hour ago, Polmon said:

I've joined - roughly how long (in time) is the course?

Also, I don't get the rules: am I allowed to try as many times as I want?

5 stages of between 3-8 miles each. There are checkpoints after every two or so, at which point you can repair your car, change settings and even save and quit to continue later.

And no, this is single time only. You get one try for each of the stages. And if you wreck your car, you're out of the rally.

After I got a bit sick last weekend playing this in VR, I tried again today but now everything went fine.

This time I used the cockpit view and assigned the d-pad buttons so I could adjust my seating position. By moving my virtual chair forward and a bit up, I had a perfect viewpoint that pretty much matches with how I like to sit in a real car. I turned on vehicle animation so the world would remain steady but the car would move around me.

Drove a couple of courses without any ill effects, played a few levels of Rez afterwards too and no bother at all. Hurrah! Not joining your online stuff though, I'm still spectacularly shit at this game and I doubt it'll ever improve significantly :) I really enjoy the racing though, it's a great game.

1 hour ago, Napole0n said:

Not joining your online stuff though, I'm still spectacularly shit at this game and I doubt it'll ever improve significantly :) I really enjoy the racing though, it's a great game.

What does that matter?  Just give it a go, we're hardly going to point and laugh at you if your times aren't great.

I don't understand the comparisons to DriveClub VR to be honest. To me this really looks miles better. The only thing that sometimes sticks out a bit is the draw in / level of detail stuff on the trees but at least everything looks sharp and vivid rather than soft and drab.

Edited by Napole0n

Baaaaaaah!! Was easing myself in nicely, made a pig's dinner of stage 3, got my shit back together and had a good stage 4. In stage 5 I was doing good, then my mind started to wander and I started thinking " ooh, when I finish this it'll be time to watch the last episode of "Taboo"...then I barrel rolled into the trees. Missed 2nd place overall by less than a second, gutted

How do I do the league in game? When I view the leagues in the menu it just takes me to the website, and it shows that I'm invited to the league, when I confirm it, nothing seems to happen, and the leagues menu still shows nothing other than the website link. 

1 hour ago, Hylian said:

Pattern emerging here...

IMG_20170226_232049103.thumb.jpg.65e5036ff167b1703982f80f57853876.jpg

I didn't even notice that there was another car to choose - that'll teach me!

3 minutes ago, Polmon said:

How do I do the league in game? When I view the leagues in the menu it just takes me to the website, and it shows that I'm invited to the league, when I confirm it, nothing seems to happen, and the leagues menu still shows nothing other than the website link. 

Not sure mate. Is Joe online?

1 hour ago, Thread Astaire said:

I didn't even notice that there was another car to choose - that'll teach me!

The Pug is just as quick as the Seat, I'm on 24:58 on the pc league and I'd have been pretty close to Spatular without my final stage issues. 

Edited by SharkyOB

Anyone here who fancies a nice FFB wheel and pedals, I've got a Logitech G29 set for sale currently on Gumtree (and I have a 6 speed shifter for it too)

Race seat too.

If you're interested in either, drop me a PM - before the next challenge appears !!  :rolleyes:

Love it - FFB is really strong - too strong for a wheelstand pro I guess. It's really heavy - and with the metal pedalset, it's a pretty serious setup. I bought the shifter too - using it in sequential mode, but as a handbrake currently. I've bolted it to a playseat evo. As we discussed though it's only supported by the games themselves, so the PS4 dash needs a pad to navigate, which is where teh G29 scores. Don't get me wrong it was a brilliant wheel too though!

All the gear none of the talent currently lol - but I'm gonna get better.

Really enjoyed that League rally tho! Can't wait for more of em 

Space is at a premium in my games den as you can see  ^_^

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 15.37.27.jpg

Edited by ColinMac