Dirt Rally

Yoshimax

Ta, I'll shall have a shifty tonight.

Interesting to hear of the car talk. I've been trying to punt the 205 T16 up pikes peak in a hillclimb challenge and I'm buggered if I can get any higher than 4th overall. After playing the daily challenge in the Citroen DS4 last night, there appears to be a vast chasm between the way some of the cars handle and the new stuff is way easier to drive than the cars I pick. Only crumb I can take from the hill climb is that I am the fastest 205 up the mountain, though I think I need to buy something a little less taxing to drive....

On 2/9/2017 at 22:05, Sponge said:

Done my stages, I gave myself a quick warm up on the first two stages then jumped into the league. Audi, default set up, finish time was 36:32.825

I'll not be troubling that time. Did a shakedown and then in for the distance.

On the plus side, the daily challenge was round Lydd, I'm 346th. Go me.

On 09/02/2017 at 22:05, Sponge said:

Done my stages, I gave myself a quick warm up on the first two stages then jumped into the league. Audi, default set up, finish time was 36:32.825

That's on PC right? Think I've got a bug or something, server is always unavailable so can't take part. Odd.

It does have a habbit of slamming you in the cock just when you think you've got the hang of it. That last stage in Sweden bummed me in the gob hard. 

Looking at my Lydd laps, there were mistakes, not 12 seconds worth, but enough to put me where I finished.

1 hour ago, spatular said:

That's on PC right? Think I've got a bug or something, server is always unavailable so can't take part. Odd.

Correct.

Here's my last stage:

Edit: looks like the sounds is out sync, a second or so behind the video. 

Good to see you are getting on with this :) Here are the current aggregated standings of the Sweden league rally, up until Stage 3 (out of 8):

1 SpongeThe3rd - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 10:27.757

2 Joe_McSpeed - MG Metro 6R4 - 11:34.421

3 vladthegimp10 - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 11:47.538

4 DrVVatson - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 11:59.286

5 Bazenza - MG Metro 6R4 - 13:08.102

6 Mike-1812 - MG Metro 6R4 - 14:05.115

Just finished the whole thing (Bazenza). Not really any time to practice and it showed. Currently +4.10 on PS4. Fairly happy with that though for my first league event (could have certainly been a lot worse!). There were definitely times when I was really starting to get into it. Thanks McSpeed for setting it up.

2 hours ago, marsh said:

I swear to god that's as real as racing gets. I was sat in my chair and could have easily been on my quad bike at an enduro, arse kicking and general assault aside. Just how are they going to top this?

They're going to top it by giving us the same/better handling and Your Stage. That's a major game changer I think for the online events.

Once this clicks it really clicks. I'm currently balls deep in GT6, Forza 6, Horizon 3 and Driveclub and this pips them all in the thrill stakes. Just completing a stage feels like an achievement. One minute you're in a zen like state taking corners before they appear. The next you've hit an ancient road side stone and it's all "FUCK" and you're at the back of the queue.

Love it.

Yep, that's a bang on assessment. It'll big you up one minute and kick you square in the nads the next.

Having been to Lydd last year to watch the RX, the cars really do spend most of their time on three wheels. The codemasters boys certainly did their homework, it's a stunning recreation of the sport. My only tiny gripe is that in a 50/50 with another car in any given corner you probably will get a bumming.

On 2/10/2017 at 22:28, spatular said:

Think I've got a bug or something, server is always unavailable so can't take part. Odd.

did some googling on this, turned off cloud saves on steam, backed up then deleted the save game folder (\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\310560), loaded the game and now i could take part! was down on Sponge every stage between 3 and 30 seconds, ended up about 1:30 behind, 37:58.673, was pretty pleased with that. used the rs200, was interesting reading it might not be the best choice but i usually use it so switching would probably be a bad idea.

then things went wrong trying to get my save game back - expected the game to have made a new 310560 folder which i could replace with the backup...but it hadn't, i put the backup  save game folder back in the right place - load the game and it was just the empty save. but the modified date on the folder i put in there was updated, copied the backup over it again and still the empty save. in theory i still have a backup on the cloud, and my local backup...but not sure how to restore them. don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

panic over, got my old save game back, got confused because my steam games are in a folder mapped to another drive. d'oh! still can't access the online league from my old save mind. but apparently it might fix itself if someone creates a new event, so will see what happens next time.

cheers Joe for setting it up, the rallying was great fun :) (messing about with saves, not so much)

On 10/02/2017 at 22:55, Mike1812 said:

I'm so bad at this, sometimes I wonder if I'm actually enjoying this torture :lol:

That's an interesting point and one I've been thinking about a lot recently. How many if the games I play actually frustrate me more than give me any pleasure!

16 hours ago, amc said:

Once this clicks it really clicks. I'm currently balls deep in GT6, Forza 6, Horizon 3 and Driveclub and this pips them all in the thrill stakes. Just completing a stage feels like an achievement. One minute you're in a zen like state taking corners before they appear. The next you've hit an ancient road side stone and it's all "FUCK" and you're at the back of the queue.

Love it.

This sounds awesome though. Just not sure I can dedicate the time to it that I would need in order to get past the frustration stage. 

The results are in! Congrats to the PC Master Race for winning this RaLLyMUK league season by a landslide. I was close to bagging the PS4 division victory, until Beezerly beat me in style near the end :)

1. SpongeThe3rd - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 36:32.825 (Steam)

2. spatular - Ford RS200 - 37:58.673 (Steam)

3. Beezerley - MG Metro 6R4 - 40:18.566 (PS4)

4. Joe_McSpeed - MG Metro 6R4 - 41:12.214 (PS4)

5. vladthegimp10 - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 41:23.998 (PS4)

6. DrVVatson - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 41:57.378 (PS4)

7. JUNKERDENB - Audi Sport quattro Rallye - 42:48.928 (PS4)

8. Bazenza - MG Metro 6R4 - 45:34.041 (PS4)

9. Mike-1812 - MG Metro 6R4 - 49:11.663 (PS4)

Thanks everyone for playing. Any requests or recommendations for the next rally? I'll gladly set up another one for this new week :hat:

Also, I noticed no-one even started the Xbox One rally this time around. I'll set that up next time again only if a forumite indicates he'll play it.