rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Yoshimax

Dirt Rally

yeah i'm surprised too, i didn't expect to do that well! sounds like I was a bit lucky with racenet registering Sponge's slower stage time mind. i'm not too good at monaco so don't expect it to last.

Set my time. think it went OK - couple of half-spins, some bit that felt very quick indeed (some very satisfying hairpins), a few bits that were messy. didn;t quite my gearing right off the shakedown and revising it after stage 2 felt like an improvement.

On 12/06/2016 at 11:41 AM, Sponge said:

I see RaceNet is still borked then. I started my run, did the first stage (2nd place, +12 seconds) but at then end it just says "Failed to download league data. Please try again later" and the only option is "OK" which appears to be the "later" the message refers to because it just does it again and again with no way to get past that message. I forced closed then game, checked the RaceNet website and my time for stage 1 has been registered, but now going back into the game it thinks my next stage to do is Hamra, stage 1, again.

What to do? I guess I have no choice but to do it again. I don't know what time will register in the league though.

Mine's just done the same but with " there was a problem downloading leaderboard data". Right after the long stage of this new one. Hopefully it's saved. 

just done my run for the week, it was going ok, steady but 3 stages without hitting anything or going off track at all (well maybe a few small taps on walls), then you guessed it, first time off the track in stage 4 (i think it was stage 4 anyway, might have been 5), fairly slowly sliding up and over a snow bank...DNF.

Oooh neck and neck with Karzee (points wise at least, I'm probably multiple minutes behind in reality).

Monaco next, my favorite rally. Gonna love it in these cars, so fast, so weighty, so noisy. I still fully expect to be near the bottom though, or a DNF. Don't care, SO MUCH FUN.

:wub:

Monaco claims another DNF.  Was doing ok, had similar times to Spatular, then took a ride over a snow bank on stage 3. Then I did the daily wager event and finished in 12th position, so was happy with that.

4th stage. One little shunt against the inner face and woosh, off I went.

I need a wheel. It handles well with a controller, but for this you need a wheel.

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 1:08 AM, McSpeed said:

Crap, I messed up halfway, landing on a snow hump following a flat tyre and slid into a large ditch. Rally over :(

Back next week!

Again?! Didn't this end your last Monaco rally.

In other news, my Internet is now fixed so I should post a time either tonight or Saturday.

So this has just had an update - Patch notes.

- Game - Excessive knocking effect on wheels when playing rallycross (All platforms). 

- Racenet - Community Delta times should now display correctly (All platforms). 

- Game - AI for Classic and S1600 Rallycross adjusted to have more variety (All platforms). 

- Leaderboards - They will no longer be blank and the difference column works (All platforms). 

- Racenet - League events can now be restarted if you terminally damage, quit or complete an event (All platforms). 

- Community - Fixed the missing string that was being displayed in a very specific situation when Racenet was unavailable (All platforms). 

- Graphics - Fixes for rain effects displaying incorrectly on some AMD cards (PC). 

- Graphics - Motion blur being applied to cars in bonnet camera and in replays (PC). 

- Audio - Co-driver call near sector 2 in Russian is now played in the correct language (PC). 

- Game - Fix to prevent unrealistic AI times being shown on Hillclimb if you save and quit after finishing a time for Run 1 (PC). 

- Audio -Spotter call during the results screen for Portuguese Brazilian is now played in the correct language (PC). 

Now, on to the fun stuff - you may notice that the patch doesn’t just bring fixes, but some additions to the content on DiRT Rally... We’ll discuss these in closer detail in tomorrow’s Road Book – but to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, we’ve added the following content: 

- Art - We’ve updated Pikes Peak International Hill Climb to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the event, complete with official PPIHC logos and branding. 

- Game - We’ve updated the handling on the Hill Climb cars so that you can really attack the iconic Hill Climb course. 

Bloody hell, started this week's run just before the England game, completed 5 stages without any major F-ups & paused/suspended the game to go watch the football.

Just came back to do the last stage and its gone to a prompt to download the update ffs. 

I do hope the game has saved my progress and doesn't make me start again! I was so careful all through those stages cos I know how easy it is to go over the edge for a DNF.

UPDATE : phew, progress was saved, only the last stage to do :)

Racenet - League events can now be restarted if you terminally damage, quit or complete an event (All platforms). 

We can turn this off right?

heh.

The twin perils of having no time and then getting an HTC vive having an effect.

Then again last event I attempted I crashed on corner 2. I totally have THAT much time :)

• Upvote 1

I'm so confused by how the leaderboards work in this game.

I do a custom rally, racing against my personal best time. I beat my previous best time. I go and check how I'm doing against the rest of the world and it still shows my previous personal best. It's as though your personal best doesn't get updated until you restart. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

It's such a great game but I feel like they didn't do enough with time trialling and leaderboards, which is odd for a rally game.

Damned Monthly!

I was on the last of the currently available stages and my engine gave up! Retired. 

Does that mean I'm out for the month with only a week to go? Or come Monday am I still in? 

I thought as much! 

Sigh. 

I think I may still get some points though? I did last month when I forgot to do the final week. 

this is £14 on pc at the moment:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dirt-rally-13-99-cd-keys-pc-download-2466143

15 hours ago, Beezer said:

I'm so confused by how the leaderboards work in this game.

I do a custom rally, racing against my personal best time. I beat my previous best time. I go and check how I'm doing against the rest of the world and it still shows my previous personal best. It's as though your personal best doesn't get updated until you restart. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

i've not been paying too much attention to the leaderboards in this game, but some games seem to take time to register new times - so if your best time is up there now i'd suspect its just that.