rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Yoshimax

Dirt Rally

not happening for me soz. man what a shit week/month I've had, and this weekend pretty much a cherry on it. Sigh. next time!

Actually looks like I won't be able to, as my wheel is loosing power mid calibration.

I'm sure there was some sort of update related to logitech that I applied before I went on holiday... anyone else know what this was?

Reinstalled the Logitech gaming software and that got it working again, too late to complete the season though, I was in third place going into the fourth event which I was pretty pleased with considering I didn't have time to even try out this class of cars before racing, unfortunately the 9pm deadline hit so no fourth stage or overall time recorded.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Hi guys.  Here's what I assume will be the final times for this week, unless anyone is doing a run as I type this:

DR Champ 2, Event 1.2.PNG

I fucked it up. Crashed, then didn't see a restart option so I retired...not knowing it would retire the entire session. :(

Better luck this week.

2 hours ago, Meerman said:

I fucked it up. Crashed, then didn't see a restart option so I retired...not knowing it would retire the entire session. :(

Better luck this week.

Don't worry about it, the first time we did a Monte Carlo rally TWELVE people got DNF's. I think we're doing it again after this week's rally in Sweden. 

19 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

DR Champ 2, Event 1.2.PNG

Woo, fifth! I'll take that. Hope to challenge for a podium spot in the next rounds :) Marmite will be a tough nut to crack, though...

5 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

No restarts, this is rally!

Sparta-Leonidas.jpg

:P

Not sure if Meerman is hardcore enough to cope with no restarts...

• Upvote 2

I should be able to get back into this this week. Only really play it with a wheel but the logistics of actually setting up the wheel are a nightmare at the moment.

On 6-6-2016 at 0:29 PM, Karzee said:

Don't worry about it, the first time we did a Monte Carlo rally TWELVE people got DNF's. I think we're doing it again after this week's rally in Sweden. 

Well this time I didn't fuck it up. Finished this week's stages last night, but I've low hopes for a top 5.

Probably start my run tonight. It's Sweden this round yeah? I really don't like Sweden, it's those low snowbanks at the roads edge, they get me every time and I always overcompensate when I catch one, starting a pinball like chain of events until I end up spinning out completely 100 yards down the road from where I first clipped it.

I know I'll end up enjoying it though :hat:

oh and I've playing a lot of Forza lately and the gear changes are on different buttons in Dirt so I expect I'll be changing down when I want to change up and handbraking it when I should be changing down for a few stages.

Getting my excuses in early this week.

i usually do better than normal in sweden - compared to AI times. anyway did my run for the week the other night and not sure it went quite like that, took it more steady because of no restarts, had a few small incidents, and a customary spin in the last sector of the last stage so not bad, but also not great. struggled a little bit with the car, my handbrake heavy driving style doesn't work as well with a slower accelerating car.

Hi guys.  Having some issues with my work laptop at the moment which is where the championship spreadsheet is saved, so I'm just going to post the times here and then enter them properly on Monday when the problems are hopefully sorted:

PC

spatular - Lancer - 29:00.811

RichXM655 - Impreza  - 30:35.090

Speech - Lancer - 31:18.406

Mr. Majestyk - Lancer - DNF

PS4

Harrisown - Lancer - 33:04.268

Beezerley - Lancer - 33:40.835

Soong - Impreza - 34:15.948

Xbox

multiClunk - Lancer - 34:29.149

Meerman - Lancer - 35:21.797

edargyle - Impreza - 37:16.093

More luck than judgement, but that's actually the running order (apart from Mr. Majestyk).

• Upvote 3

I see RaceNet is still borked then. I started my run, did the first stage (2nd place, +12 seconds) but at then end it just says "Failed to download league data. Please try again later" and the only option is "OK" which appears to be the "later" the message refers to because it just does it again and again with no way to get past that message. I forced closed then game, checked the RaceNet website and my time for stage 1 has been registered, but now going back into the game it thinks my next stage to do is Hamra, stage 1, again.

What to do? I guess I have no choice but to do it again. I don't know what time will register in the league though.

Completed it. My first stage 1 time was kept. I finished overall 9 seconds behind spatular for 2nd place. I was 0.217 seconds ahead of him starting stage 5 but lost 17 seconds on him during the stage, with not enough stages left to make it back up.

My second stage 1 run was 6 seconds faster than spatular, which would have made a difference between 1st and 2nd overall, so I'm glad that wasn't registered as that would've felt unfair.

• Upvote 1

Back from hols. Just jumped on and posted my time now while I have the chance. Definitely not my best - finding it hard to stay awake today let alone complete a six stage rally in the snow! Why oh why did those last two stages have to be long ones?! I lost concentration a few times and got myself firmly wedged on the narrow track, and then car lodged sideways forcing a reset and a 15 second time penalty. A fair way off the fastest guys this week as a result. 

• Upvote 1

Heh, I was just going to post here about doing my run in one hasty go - including the last stage on a pad as my steer had to be put away for practical reasons :mellow:

As a result, I had a bunch of offs in the first and last stage, but overall it went fine. Finished about 30 seconds behind Marmite, which I was somewhat pleased with until I just read his write-up!

• Upvote 1

Updated times:

PC

spatular - Lancer - 29:00.811

SpongeThe3rd - Lancer - 29:10.411

RichXM655 - Impreza  - 30:35.090

SharkyOB - Impreza - 31:04.205

Speech - Lancer - 31:18.406

Mr. Majestyk - Lancer - DNF

PS4

Marmite-UK - Lancer - 31:09.173

Joe_McSpeed - Lancer - 31:42.938

Harrisown - Lancer - 33:04.268

Beezerley - Lancer - 33:40.835

Soong - Impreza - 34:15.948

Xbox

multiClunk - Lancer - 34:29.149

Meerman - Lancer - 35:21.797

edargyle - Impreza - 37:16.093

My run was going really well until the final stage.  Had a great battle with Rich, swapping positions on every stage I think, and never more than 2 seconds apart up to the end of stage 5.  At the start of stage 6 I went off and hit a tree head on, knocking out mu headlights.  I then had various spins due to not being able to see the snow banks properly and being spun round by them at high speed.  Lost 30 seconds to Rich by the end of the stage.

I was pretty pissed off at the end of the stage, but honestly, I was lucky.  If I'd broken the headlights like that in any other rally I'd have been screwed, the snow keeps everything so light at night in Sweden that I could still pretty much see where I was going, just not well enough to know exactly what was road and what was snow bank.

• Upvote 1

Ok, my work laptop is fixed, so here's the final results:

DR Champ 2, Event 2.1.PNG

And the championship standings:

DR Champ 2, Standings 1.PNG

I've tweaked the scoring system slightly to the one used in the BTCC:

20-17-15-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for the top 15 finishers.

This should keep things a bit tighter at the top of the table.

• Upvote 2

Nice, edging towards the top 5!

Should be able to do my next run tomorrow. Never been really strong in Monaco. Hope to get the setup right and (mostly) to be careful during the rally this time - that worked well for most stages in Sweden for me, too :)

woo-yay, first podium (I think). considering I thought that run was pretty scrappy (3 or 4 spins), i'm pleasantly surprised.