rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Yoshimax

Dirt Rally

I really don't think that's necessary, it's not your fault Racenet was being a dick.  Your call though man.

Edit - forum being weird.  This post was originally after Karzee's next one.

14 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Thanks for your honesty mate but I'm not sure I want to complicate things.  As far as I'm concerned the time from Racenet is the time you got and that's that.  I hope this is ok with everyone else but this is taking up enough of my time already.

Sorry, I'm not having a go!  Feel like I phrased that a bit harshly but I'm not sure how else to say it.

No worries, I appreciate the work you're doing. I'll wait for 10 seconds at the start of Wales Stage 1. 

Edit: Doh! deleted my post then re-added with your quote and you got in before I re-posted.

I wouldn't worry about it. 

Unless my final time this week is 9 seconds slower than you, in case which I demand it gets included.

Wales is going to be interesting as we're doing all four long stages, instead of the three we've done on other events - a real test of endurance...

19 hours ago, multiclunk said:

Are many of you guys doing any daily/weekly/monthly online stuff? I've started entering anything I've got the right car for and it's a lot of fun and you can pick up some decent prize money if you can post a top tier time - which I've surprisingly managed to do more than once, so it's not impossible even for a Mr Average like me.

This is just such a great game and I'm finding it gets better & more enjoyable the further I get into it.

I also enter everything I can. If I have enough money and don't have a car that fits I might even buy one. Choosing which one takes me ages, I'm a real procrastinator.

I do most daily races, if I have time, all weekly races for sure, and I'm trying the monthly for the first time (you can do one stage a night if you wish, as the stages unlock slowly over the month. 6 per week)

• Upvote 1

Yeah I've started the monthly one this time as well, only done 2 stages so far.

I think someone said further up the thread that your damage carries through all the stages! I hope that's not true, surely you get some repair time every few stages - there's 24 of them in the full event, it's going to be virtually impossible to make it to the end in one piece otherwise. 

Is racenet/live borked tonight? I can't connect at all for any of the online events

It's been bad for the past few days. Try going to 'League', see if it logs onto RaceNet, then quit out and go to 'Online Events'. It seems to work for me. And visa versa if you can't get onto 'League'

I managed to post a couple of stage times on the league last night (PC) so it's definitely working to some extent.

Does anyone know who this is?

JonosaurusRexAZ

Racing in the Xbox league but I don't recognise the name from the forum.  If I don't hear anything by Saturday I'm going to remove them from the league.

Was getting annoyed with manual flappy paddle gears and not knowing when I was in reverse and first (I have no HUD and use bonnet cam). My solution is to purchase the pedals and shifter for my t150 at great expense :-s

Would love to join the league, but at the moment I'm playing the game less than once a week. Best driving game I've played for many years.

Just posted a time for this weeks event.. Not fussed where I came, just surviving the six stages was rewarding enough! 

..time was in the 33 minute mark 

• Upvote 1

I've done mine. Clooooooose.

Going into stage 5 I was 19 seconds ahead of Speech... didn't do too well in that stage though, those damn cement blocks, and lost the whole 19 second lead so I started the last stage 0.5 seconds behind him... but I didn't crumble under pressure and crossed the finish line with a 4.1 second lead.

• Upvote 3

Well I'm off the back of the (very) competitive Pc crowd that finished this week but finish I did. And if I hadn't done two things I'd have been even better.

1)Completely fuck up a pace note towards the start of stage 5 and go straight on into a car at stupid speeds, holing the radiator.

2)Make this literally the first time I've used my shiny new G920 on a PC.

Still, really got a flow going, despite driving half a car by that point my final stage was only 10 seconds off the leaders.  Building skills...

Disappointing, only 3 out of 13 PS4 players have completed this event so far. 

As in only 3 have attempted or only 3 of 13 who attempted actually finished?

I just did mine and thought I'd try to figure out how best to use the handbrake since I haven't touched it after doing the first career championship with the 60s Mini.

Results were, erm.. Mixed.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

As in only 3 have attempted or only 3 of 13 who attempted actually finished?

Only 3 times currently on the PS4 leaderboard

In other, unrelated, news here's a video of a run I did heading out a Lancia

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rsdio said:

I just did mine and thought I'd try to figure out how best to use the handbrake since I haven't touched it after doing the first career championship with the 60s Mini.

Results were, erm.. Mixed.

I'm sure it costs me on hairpins but I never use it, especially in a no restart series it's never been worth the risk.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

I'm sure it costs me on hairpins but I never use it, especially in a no restart series it's never been worth the risk.

See car comparison guide, with advises that hand brake not to be used with RWD. 

8 hours ago, klargon said:

Anyone else using a TH8A shifter on PS4? I can't get the sucker to work.

I have it set up, occasionally use it to shift instead of the wheel flippers. (Sadly, the PS4 considers the shifter a clone of the flippers so you can't set the handbrake to it.)

Anyway, what's your issue with it?

Damn that R4 Special Stage. Totalled my car half way through the final stage. FFS

In other news I just noticed that stages in Greece share some stretches of road. Do they in other countries?

When you say "share some stretches", what do you mean? The long stages are split into two smaller ones in all countries, so you may have been noticing that?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's the same for all rallies.  They're made up of two long stages which can be run in either direction, which are then split into two to make the shorter stages. which again can be run in both directions.

• Upvote 1