Dirt Rally

Yoshimax

I'd definitely suggest setting the co-driver calls to very early guys, you'll get so much more warning for those corners.  There are a few suspect sections though, there's a section in Germany where two corners are completely missed, but it's never caught me out for some reason.  I think it's because the corners that aren't there in the notes are the same direction as the following two; a right then a left, so you're sort of ready for the corners anyway.  There's also a corner right at the end of one of the greek stages which is called as a 4 right and there's no way it's any more than a 2.  That one caught me out loads of times before I learned the section.

Here's the updated standings:

DR Champ 1, Event 2.3.PNG

Not really that happy with my run.  No major incidents requiring resets or causing punctures, but I did slide off the road once in stage 2 and then twice towards the end of the final stage.  I think I lost around 30 seconds in all, so I may have been challenging Rich for 4th without them.  The frustrating thing though is that I don't understand why I'm so much slower than the aliens out front!  On one of the longer stages I had a great run, totally incident free and felt like I was totally on it; 15 seconds slower than the fastest time!  I know that per kilometre that's not actually that bad (maybe 1.5 secs per k) but it still bugs me.  Need to push harder!

Great turn out again though folks, can't wait for Germany!

29 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Wow I actually finished an online rally.

I got a bit annoyed with myself cause I made some silly mistakes but I did average overall.

Been a bit in an out of the thread but did you get a steering wheel in the end? if so what did you think?

3 hours ago, Trokie said:

Been a bit in an out of the thread but did you get a steering wheel in the end? if so what did you think?

Very nearly but then told myself not to. Then when I went to PC world for another reason I had quick look and the price went back up to 150.

so I'm still on controller which kinda sucks for a game that's so dependant on micro movements.

I found having a play with the controller's steering sensitivity and steering linearity settings can really help to tone down (or up) the responsiveness, depending on the car. I'm not saying a wheel wouldn't give better control, I'm sure it does, but the devs have done a great job helping players using controllers to handle a car's characteristics......just don't buy a Lancia Stratos. I bought one last night and it's going to take a special level of practice to  control THAT beast.

Damn! Six stages of rallying and I think I finished two seconds behind Karzee! It was neck and neck throughout and I basically went super cautious on the last stage, which ended up seeing me brake way too early for many corners and obviously losing too much time overall. 

Close. 

Managed to win my little battle of 3 despite destroying my radiator thanks to an absurdly late pacenote of a 2 right. (I braked as soon as he said 2 and was still helpless).  and that was with pacenotes on "normal".

I'll take it given stage 1 was my first run on the game in a month.

Standings on the final day of the Greek rally:

DR Champ 1, Event 2.4.PNG

If you post a time today please make sure you let me know (via the thread is fine).  If you don't do this I might miss it and I won't be able to see your time after midnight tonight.  I'll be able to see your position in the league for your platform, but not where you are in the overall standings, which would be bad.

4 hours ago, MattKB said:

How on earth are you supposed to get a good start on Rallycross? Every time the AI just blitz me and I can't ever catch them up.

Hold the handbrake, put the car in 1st gear, bring up the revs (full throttle in a 4WD 'supercar', half throttle in the Mini or the middle class cars) and release the handbrake at the signal, then floor it.

Final results from Greece:

DR Champ 1, Event 2.5.PNG

And the championship standings:

DR League Event 3 Standings 2.PNG

Speech running away with it at the top, pretty tight battles all the way through the field behind him though!  I fully expect Sponge to jump up the standings this week, no pressure.

Haha, after spending some time on the Germany tracks this weekend I'd like to say I'm quietly confident of a decent time... but given my results so far in this league that feels like it would be a foolish statement to make.