54 minutes ago, multiclunk said:

Would it be considered bad form if someone was to set up a single player custom rally the same as this week's league run to enable one to have a practice run first?

Is it even possible to do this?

I won't do it if the answer is yes to the first question.

God, yeah do it man. I always run a couple of stages of the rally (not necessarily the ones we're racing) before each event. Helps to get the feel for things and check setup. 

Yeah, I'd do that if I had time. What I actually do is a 2 stage custom event in the country on whatever stages it throws up, faff with the setup a bit, crash a lot of times before I get to the end of the second stage and then think "fuck it" and play the rllmuk rally proper. It works really well so far

Had a bit of a practice tonight and I'm really enjoying this. It helps that I find Monte Carlo one of the most enjoyable locations to drive and I've spent quite a few miles there in the single player - but it's been mainly in 1970's & 80's RWD cars, so it's quite nice to feel a bit more in control with a group A 4WD ( think I'm gonna go with the HF Integrate for my league run). I'm still slow as fuck like.

Having said all that, no doubt I'll flick it over a wall for terminal damage at the first icy hairpin I get to.

I jumped on last night to start the rllmuk league but not sure what I'm meant to be doing? I go into the league bit and can see the rllmuk league but nothing happens if I click on it. I can only go back.

Didn't think it'd get cheaper than CDKeys for a while but still, I've easily had enough fun with it in the last week to not be bothered by the extra few quid.

16 hours ago, Dudley said:

Whereas I hack up at the start with no practice in an unupgraded version of whichever car catches my fancy run by non-career engineer.

Basically if I beat you, kill yourself.

Pretty much me too, plus sleep deprivation for that extra bit of spice (I'm not doing it like that again, it felt super stressful :lol:). I actually could've tuned the car but as I have no idea what any of it does I didn't bother. Since both my attempts at the clubman championship have seen me miss out on promotion due to losing my car/falling to my death in Monaco I just wanted to finish the thing even if it meant doing the whole thing in first gear like I'm in a Snoop Dogg video. 35m 48s so multiclunk must've just pipped me!

1 hour ago, Sng said:

I jumped on last night to start the rllmuk league but not sure what I'm meant to be doing? I go into the league bit and can see the rllmuk league but nothing happens if I click on it. I can only go back.

So you can see the league but you can't select it? Is it definitely your first attempt?  It's normally when you've already tried it once that it does what you're describing as there's no restarts. 

I had a quick practice last night to get a feel for the car on the roads (only driven Monaco with the Mini before) and then jumped in to set my time. First stage went well, put me into first place. Then royally fucked up stages 2 and 3 putting me 1:35 behind 1st. With nothing to drive for expect my pride I gained a few seconds back in stage 4 and then flipped it over the cliff in stage 5 for terminal damage.

Bumholes.

I finished my league rally last night, what a difference not having restarts makes! I'm was really nervous of going over a cliff and so drove far more cagely than usual and REALLY focused on the co-driver's calls. I found it much harder to get into a rhythm and ended up having a few spin-outs, even getting a puncture 2/3rd's of the way down the last stage but I decided to carry on without repairing. Overall not a bad rally for me, especially when compared to the cliff-jumpers on here.

2 hours ago, Karzee said:

I finished my league rally last night, what a difference not having restarts makes! I'm was really nervous of going over a cliff and so drove far more cagely than usual and REALLY focused on the co-driver's calls. I found it much harder to get into a rhythm and ended up having a few spin-outs, even getting a puncture 2/3rd's of the way down the last stage but I decided to carry on without repairing. Overall not a bad rally for me, especially when compared to the cliff-jumpers on here.

Agree, I set up a practice using the same stages and I was flying round during that, braking late, sliding round hairpins, accelerating over the crests and through the 6 & 5 bends and fishtailing it out of turns like nobody's business, full of confidence but then when I did the league run I was shitting it and taking it much more carefully, could actually feel my heart beating in my chest. It really is nerve racking knowing if you stuff it up or overcook it a bit too much you're probably out. I ended up having to reset my car more times on my league run than on my practice though because of daft mistakes due to nerves. 

Having said that I do think I prefer the 'no resets' rule - makes for a much tenser and more exhilarating drive.

Is the next stage Greece? I might start practicing early for that, I haven't managed to get the hang any Greek stages in any car so far.

Yeah previous league runs have been like that for me. Real tense.

This time... I think I must have been still stuck in the reset mind set because I was way too casual. Thing is I did a dry run through as a practice and came in at around 31/32 minutes so was feeling pretty confident.

7 hours ago, Sng said:

I'm having this problem too. Gone to start this weeks event but it won't let me select it.

I entered the last two fine. Is there a time limit on how long you have to start it or something? 

3 hours ago, U-1 said:

I'm having this problem too. Gone to start this weeks event but it won't let me select it.

I entered the last two fine. Is there a time limit on how long you have to start it or something? 

Same problem here. Was looking forward to this as well. Has the event been set to finish early perhaps? 

I'm on PS4 and don't see any races listed in the league. What's going on? 

Ah, website says RaLLyMUK PS4 "season not configured"?

Also ignore my requests to join PC league, I'd forgotten to change platform on the dirt website. 

Ok, I've sorted the ps4 league and it starts at 9.30 this morning.  The rest of the setup is identical to the other two leagues.  Sorry guys, I really am convinced I set this up.  Must've forgotten to click the finish button :blush:

Cheers Sharky.. must admit the whole league setup having to be managed via the website looks a total ballache. I'm sure there must have been an easier way for them to implement it.