Yoshimax

Dirt Rally

Just bought it. Need to get my wheel set up and installed again (had to re-install Windows the other day) before I play it.

Have signed up for the league although it'd be good if I could get a bit of practice in first.

Is there a time limit in which to record my time(s)?

Twice in a row tonight, I steamed through rallies in Greece and Wales before falling off a mountain in Monaco, retiring in last place and tumbling down the championship standings. On the third attempt, I was given Monaco to begin with, and with careful driving I notched a third place finish and a real shot at qualifying for the Clubman level.

So what did I do? Well, I only went and cocked up both Wales and Greece to end up fourth in the table. Overconfidence, frustration, fatigue, maybe it was all those things that were responsible, but I can't wait to throw myself into it again tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

This and Project cars is giving me the urge to look at expensive steering wheels. I have a wheel stand pro and the MS 360 wheel but not sure the FFB works on PC.

This and Project cars is giving me the urge to look at expensive steering wheels. I have a wheel stand pro and the MS 360 wheel but not sure the FFB works on PC.

It doesn't unfortunately. Are you pc only or do you have any current gen consoles as well?

Logitech Driving Force GT is supposed to be a decent option. If you have a bit more cash to spare I can recommend the Thrustmaster TX. The ffb isn't great on this game at the moment though, hopefully it'll improve over time.

• Upvote 1

just joined the league (i think!) steam is the same as here if anyone wants to add

saying that, the benchmark and actually playing the game are 2 very different experiences a i just found out!

Wow! This is intense.

Got set up in my living room with the DFGT (& wheel stand pro) with in car view.

Jumped straight in to career and finished a respectable 7th and the end of the first complete rally.

Had a look at the menus and tried the daily challenge (and what a challenge it is). Going through the Welsh forest at night, which brought back memories of going watching the rally years ago. Anyway, I didn't make it too far after knackering my lights so I couldn't see anything in front of me.

Yeah the acceptable "cheap" wheel is the Logitech DFGT. Mine's served me well for over half a decade across iRacing, Assetto, rFactor and Project CARS on PC and GT6 and Grid Autosport on PS3.

It's a proper 900deg wheel, the most obvious deficiencies over buying expensive wheels is that its paddles tiny and pedals cheap. However it was £100 new and can be had cheap used. I'd absolutely recommend one.

It's moderated so let me know you've joined so I know to accept.

I'm in!

Steam name is dimbold, btw. Waiting for confirmation for the rllmuk league too.

I've accepted all the leage requests so everyone should be in.

To get us started, I've set up a first single-event season. four stages in the welsh forests, using a 1970s car of your choice.

it starts this evening at 8, and runs until friday evening. No restarts, service area after the second stage.

hqdefault.jpg

good luck!

• Upvote 3

I think they may be doing a maintenance push.

there was certainly one thing on that site that needed to be fixed that I spotted last week.

I cannot wait until tonight, will do a few test runs leading up to the start I think, try and nail two sections of that first stage that are giving me trouble.