Yoshimax

Dirt Rally

Patch released:

Hi all,

Wow! what an awesome first few days it has been. Again I'd just like to say thank you to to you all on behalf of the team. We love that you are enjoying the game and we've been busy reading your feedback, watching your videos and checking out your livestreams (when not working on the game obviously).

We're pleased that you all feel our launch went really smoothly but we did hit a few bumps... not as many on the side of the road in Greece though!

Here's what we've fixed in the patch that just went live

• Audio Fix - We had a word with the co-driver about his attitude and he should now be talking to you if he wasn't before.

• Audio Fix - Resolved several instances of your co-driver speaking French for non French players (he's been taking lessons and wanted to practice).

• Online Fix - Fixed the Daily Online events so you will now be correctly rewarded for completing the event.

• Championship Fix - Resolved instances of incorrect weather combinations being generated during later championship events... We blame global warming.
Known issues we're working on
  • Error 41 - We're looking into this one, and will update as soon as I have more info. As it is something we need to discuss with Valve.
  • dirtgame.com not loading - this seems to be an issue with Firefox users, we're looking into it but for now any other browser should work.
  • FFB - The team are looking at your feedback on this now and we'll have some settings for you to try out later today.

early days but - rllmuk rally league?

Defo!

Played through my first championship this evening. In Greece, I went flying off into the trees on the second stage, totalling my car. In Monaco, I fell off a bridge, totalling my car. In Wales... I finished fourth! Wahey! Been doing the whole thing from the cockpit view with a mere joypad, which is a lot tougher than I'm used to but extremely immersive even just playing it on the telly.

It's very unforgiving. I killed a marshal in Wales and got a 15 second penalty.

I'd recommend the following

MSI GD65, I5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, GTX670 CUii, 8GB Corsair Vengence Ram 9-9-9-24, Themaltake Shark case, CD rom.

That would run it BTW!

i doubt you'd need a fancy pc to run this, my 4 year old pc with a 560ti ran grid autosport fine.

Rumble is working but there doesn't seem to be any force in the middle of the wheel at all. There's a little when you're turning through the corners but it's minimal. I tried cranking everything up to full within the game but it didn't seem to help.

yeah i experienced pretty much the same, still prefer the wheel with not-great ffb over a pad. only had a quick go but it seems fun.

The replays have a number of camera options - all the ones you normally have when driving (although with the ability to rotate the camera), plus one that's pretty much what you've posted. At the moment, there's no fully freeform camera - that'd be something worth requesting though, as would the ability to save the replays, edit them, and generally cock about like that.

Nooooooooooooooo. Was doing great in the Greece Rally sitting in third on the final stage, 3 minutes clear of 4th. All I needed to do was get to the end for some decent points. Not far from the end, my co-driver fails to mention some rocks on my right, I steer to avoid them, but end up going up the side, doing a barrel roll off the side of the cliff and my car being damaged beyond repair. 3rd to 15th, zero championship points and ended up with negative credits.

This game is fan-fucking-tastic

• Upvote 1

Nooooooooooooooo. Was doing great in the Greece Rally sitting in third on the final stage, 3 minutes clear of 4th. All I needed to do was get to the end for some decent points. Not far from the end, my co-driver fails to mention some rocks on my right, I steer to avoid them, but end up going up the side, doing a barrel roll off the side of the cliff and my car being damaged beyond repair. 3rd to 15th, zero championship points and ended up with negative credits.

This game is fan-fucking-tastic

Rally is a cruel mistress!

What sort of events do folks want? It looks like it works totally asynchronous- I set a start and end time for the events and folks can just do the events during that window.

What sort of events do folks want? It looks like it works totally asynchronous- I set a start and end time for the events and folks can just do the events during that window.

Whatever really, what are the options? Can you set particular time/weather conditions? Is it all single stages or can you set up full rallies?

It seems you can do pretty much anything you want with it.

I can set up a season consisting of multiple events.

each event can consist of any combination of stages, and be restricted by car, by class, and set whether restarts are allowed, the frequency of service areas, whether players car restart stages, restart rallies, ETC.

each stage can be set to one of four weather/daytime.

a reference chart as to which stage is which would be useful, though.

oh, I can apply points penaties to players as well. bwahahaha.