IGNORED

The Witcher 3 - PC technical/performance thread

davejm

Turning off glow / bloom / whatever it's called will get rid of the lense dirt. But the water drops remain. I don't mind the water, though.

(once mod tools are out it'll probably be easy to edit the splash texture to be blank/empty, hopefully!)

My problem still remains. It runs in glorious master race 1440p/60fps until I alt-tab out of the program, and then it drops to 30-40fps. No amount of messing around with the settings or turning things on and off again will fix it. Neither does reloading the game, I have to reboot! It MIGHT be that it's disabling SLI, I'm playing it on 2x 970s.

Any ideas?

My problem still remains. It runs in glorious master race 1440p/60fps until I alt-tab out of the program, and then it drops to 30-40fps. No amount of messing around with the settings or turning things on and off again will fix it. Neither does reloading the game, I have to reboot! It MIGHT be that it's disabling SLI, I'm playing it on 2x 970s.

Any ideas?

Don't alt-tab out of the program?

Every time I boot up, within minutes, Windows kicks me out and asks if I want to change my desktop theme due to resources. No idea why because I've plenty of damn resources. Does it with Ori and the Blind Forest too.

Moz, I also have two 970s. Alt tabbing might be disabling it by forcing the game back into borderless mode. SLI can only run full screen.

Yeah, it did that to me too. If you right-click the exe and disable desktop composition it should fix it.

Thanks for the tip. Weirdly though, the settings options are completely greyed out for me.

This isn't helpful at all, but I'm happy to say that a 980ti will happily run this at 60fps/1080p with everything on Ultra and Hairworks on. :D

It streams it well too without having to turn anything down. It's not cheap, but bloody hell it's a good card.

This isn't helpful at all, but I'm happy to say that a 980ti will happily run this at 60fps/1080p with everything on Ultra and Hairworks on. :D

It streams it well too without having to turn anything down. It's not cheap, but bloody hell it's a good card.

Its running for me at 1440p/60 on mynew 980ti with everything on ultra except hairworks. It's a phenomenal card.

Am I right in thinking it makes the vanilla 980 kind of redundant? In the sense that if you are already spending that kind of money over a 970 you might as well spend the extra £100 for the ti version?

Have any of the patches had an impact on performance at all? When this was first released I was getting constant 60fps with my 970 with all but shadows and foliage set to ultra and hairworks off. Now, while I mainly get 60, it will often dip down to about 50, and at lowest to about 45. Anyone else had similar?

I'm having an issue downloading the new DLCs - Triss outfit and the Wolf Armour quest.

It let's me download them, but when I go to click them in configure it tries to then says 'Not Authorized' just under the game title in the GOG client.

Tried restarting, clearing disk space, but same issue.

• 1 month later...
Modkit for Witcher 3

Released today, the Modkit enables Witcher community to modify several aspects of the game to their own liking. Thanks to texture import and export, gamers can now modify the looks and feel of in-game objects, while the possibility of substituting meshes allows to insert new models in the game world in place of existing ones. Finally, access to script files opens up an entirely new array or modification options to many in-game aspects, so modders can fire up their imagination and fiddle with item statistics and much more. In order to download the Modkit, head on over to nexusmods.com, the official home of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt mods where you can download the extractor itself as well as some of the exisiting mods. Don’t forget to check our forums for the Modkit documentation. We simply cannot wait to see all the fantastic creations from the modding community. Should you have any additional questions regarding the capabilities of the kit, make sure to check out GameSpot’s Q&A.