Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

gospvg

post-18024-0-63066400-1429193430.jpg

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture will be based around six characters, each telling their own story, and each connected to landmarks in the world that evolve as the game progresses. The game will take place in a village in Shropshire during the apocalypse.

Latest Trailer released, did a search for rapture thinking surely someone must have started a thread. Could not find a thread so searched again just in case I missed it but no nothing so one more last search through six pages of results & nothing so I plucked up the courage to start a new thread.

For some reason I always get this mixed up with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Looking forward to this, any idea on a release date?

Out on Beta soon so hopefully still on for 2015 release date.

I'm looking forward to this immensely. I recently watched the film How I Live Now and imagine a similar atmosphere from this game.

Just had a quick look at the trailer looks good & it's on UK Netflix, thanks added to watch list.

Looks stunning, and for many reasons its great to have something that isn't set in the USA

Not sure on the title thought, I thought it was something connected with Bioshock.

6 different character stories might mean you won't get a full game here, rather 6 "episodic" DLCs

What exactly do you do in it? Looks great btw.

Take a stroll down a lane, sit on a bench, chat to the neighbours & just enjoy village life :)

I don't really know & want to know much about the game because I want to experience it all for the first time but I only read the first paragraph of this article

My experience with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, though brief, kept my brain busy for hours afterward. Following my play time, I couldn't play anything else. I just couldn't process anything new. My mind kept spinning back to patterns of splintered light, motes of glittering gold dust, and endless silent depictions of abandonment and pain. All I did was take a walk in a video game, and it chilled me so deeply it took hours to return to the warmth of reality.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everybody-s-gone-to-the-rapture-is-gorgeous-comple/1100-6426660/

What exactly do you do in it? Looks great btw.

Seems to be something similar to Dear Esther, where you walk through a well realised world and the story unfolds before you. No gameplay interactions as such, barring the choice to linger and absorb some lovely atmosphere.

All of which is fine for me. Dear Esther is still one of my most memorable gaming experiences.

• 1 month later...

Is this the game that's developed by that absolutely horrible human being? I know it's one of these quirky titles that got ruined for me.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is being developed by The Chinese Room and SCE Santa Monica Studio.

Is this the game that's developed by that absolutely horrible human being? I know it's one of these quirky titles that got ruined for me.

Who do you mean? David Cage? :)

Horrible is pushing it perhaps. ;)

It's made by Dan Pinchbeck and co, I don't believe they're horrible people.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is being developed by The Chinese Room and SCE Santa Monica Studio.

Who do you mean? David Cage? :)

Horrible is pushing it perhaps. ;)

It's made by Dan Pinchbeck and co, I don't believe they're horrible people.

Yeah it was The Vanishing of Ethan Carter developer I was thinking of. Phew, I can continue to be excited for this.

• 1 month later...