IGNORED

Panasonic Q - anyone ever had to open one for repair?

davejm

I'm in the process of selling my Panasonic Q to KriessG, but the damn thing has stopped working. The drive tray won't eject, and the reading we've both done indicates that the belt has 'hardened' due to being sat in the box unused for so long :(

But we don't think it's going to be a drama to fix. I've bought various replacement belts and I know some of them are almost the same size as the one inside the Q, so I'm going to have a go at fixing this. The question is, has anyone here had to open one? It looks like there's quite a lot to remove; so at the moment I'm just going to try to take the main case off and see what I'm presented with. I may put up some pictures later if I get stuck, but for now it would be good to know if anyone has had to open one for any reason. I already know of someone that has, so I'm going to link him to this thread too.

Its a massive pain. Taking the side off is easy enough, but then its taking the top off in a set order. You may be lucky removing the drive due to it being at the top but expect to remove a logic board at least and deal with very fiddly ribbon cables.

My panasonic Q seems to be getting more and more temperamental with playing DVDs, lots tear and judder and some dont play at all, is there an equivalent of VHS head cleaning for DVD players?

You can get lens cleaners from pound shops, just a CD with little bristles on.

I've heard from reliable sources that it's a twat to put back together to an acceptable shape, but I'd be interested to know how it goes

I replaced a fuse on the power board and had no problems taking one apart and putting it back together. I only have basic skills and have found it harder to get inside a 360