Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Pob

Yeah its a primer, its an advert. But the monologue is awfully written and the delivery is just so monotonous and boring. As a trailer its overly long and verbose, the editing is slow paced and the scenes shown are repetitive - how many times do they need to show us the retractable blade. The way he lists out all his abilities makes it sound like some sort of infomercial for a JML product. It makes the game sound boring and makes me think its story will be poorly written and that's coming from someone who's known and liked the franchise since it started and is considering buying this iteration. So of course it's acting as a primer, but I think it's a bad one. 

Delivery was a bit awkward, but I doubt very much those lines will be anywhere in the finished product, Adam's VA probably had to phone it in for this promo. The environments look stunning, and the weapon HUDs and upgrade skills look good fun to use. Could have done with more crawling around air vents for my tastes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the Go games, recently completed Lara Croft & still got Hitman to play.

I'm not watching any of the gameplay videos of the main game thought I know I'm buying it day one & don't want to see anything so I'm glad that Square Enix are not doing a press conference this year.

I'm actually replaying Human Revolution, the Director's cut again on the Wii U; the missus likes watching me play that, and Jensen's one of her favourite game characters. Effortlessly cool.

Showed her the City Hub vid above and she was not impressed with the new character model - wanted to know who had ruined 'her' Jensen's face; it's now too 'pointy'.

I stopped after a only a few minutes of that hub video, I'm just definitely going to buy it, so don't need to see any of it. I think I'll have to get it on PC though, some of that stuff looked like it's going to end up with some sort of 'better on Neo/ Scorpio' tagline at the end of it when they show on consoles.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Punished Smitty said:

Something off about this. 

I have very high hopes but I have to agree. What I've seen so far doesn't hit me the same way the first did prior to release.

High hopes still, I'm there day one jumping in with both feet.

It's interesting how there's practically no hype around this game. Not just on this forum but everywhere. They keep releasing new information and it just seems to elicit, well not even a 'meh'. Just no response at all really. 

Its interesting because Human Revolution sold well, got great reviews and seemed to be very well liked in general apart from the boss fights and maybe the ending.

I have very fond memories of the game and can't quite figure out why I'm not very excited over Mankind Divided. The graphics aren't great but then Human Revolutions were kinda behind the curve at the time too. I guess it doesn't seem like they've shown much to set it apart from the first game and its little sub-genre has also faced competition from the likes of Dishonored so I guess it no longer seems as unique. But still, I really feel like I should be more interested in it. It's odd. 

28 minutes ago, VN1X said:

It's more that I've already seen enough. Right now I just want to get my hands on it and pray that it rains for at least a week when I do. 

This. I'm avoiding content intentionally and most discussion. These games are best played with the surprises intact!

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

It's more that I've already seen enough. Right now I just want to get my hands on it and pray that it rains for at least a week when I do. 

1 hour ago, patriot said:

This. I'm avoiding content intentionally and most discussion. These games are best played with the surprises intact!

This. I saw the first trailer back when this game was announced,  and haven't watched anything since. I'm impatiently awaiting its release.