Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't underestimate that site. Their reviews tend to be trustworthy.

Anyhoo, get a free car when you hand over your play data to Nintendo:

In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Nintendo asks players if they’re willing to share their play data with the company. People have the option of saying yes or no. However, saying yes may prove a more attractive option, as it nets participants a car to use when decorating homes.
A compact car appears in-town outside of Nooks Home, the business that helps animals find a place to live and decorates the inside and outsides of their new abode, as well as creates and customizes in-town facilities. It’s a purely decorative piece, but people who agree to let Nintendo have a sneak peek into their activities by occasionally sending SpotPass updates to the company also get the item to use when designing homes.

GnOfvKA.jpg

No idea, mate. If the KI: U cards are anything to go by, I wouldn't hold my breath tbh. Online might be your best bet.

Also, first (free) DLC announced for October 2. You guessed it, it's Super Mario-themed:

Louie the gorilla will be sent out to Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer players on that date. He will be free DLC and bring some items from the Super Mario Bros. Animal Crossing furniture set along with him. The image shared specifically shows the Super Mushroom, 1 Up Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Star, Brick Block, and Bill Blaster, as well as Louie’s picture.
UMXPvSz.png

But concerned about this. I might be able to resist the urge to get another Animal Crossing game, but my girlfriend probably won't. And seeing her Amiibo collection, I hate to think how many cards she might end up buying.

Disappointed to read that they've removed one of the series's main 'hooks', realtime gameplay based on the actual calendar. :(

Oh, Tom Nook...

Players step into the offices of Nook’s Homes and have free reign to do whatever they want with villagers’ homes and the town’s facilities. You can pluck whatever you desire from your catalog of items, building materials, and accessories to customize every location. It’s like they’re all free, waiting to be used!
Except they’re not really all free. There is a price to be paid. Because you know, Tom Nook’s got to get his money.
Most furniture items unlock gradually as a player takes on new requests from animals. When I decorated Octavian’s house, some of the furniture items usually earned from fishing contests appeared in my catalog. Decorating the town’s school for Isabelle added items like desks and science lab furniture. Marcie wanted a home that looked like a nursery school, which meant suddenly my avatar could use playground equipment when decorating. I pretty much assumed the clients were footing the bill for all of these things, until it came time to unlock some new design elements.
After getting the approval to do all facility work in town, Nook approached me with the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer handbook. Sitting on my desk was a binder filled with “lessons” that would make houses even better. Now, given that I’m his employee and am probably helping him bilk these animals out of who knows how many bells, you’d think he’d go ahead and impart his wisdom for free. Nope!
The first Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is free. You know, lure people in. Subsequent lessons cost between one and five Play Coins, with 30 Play Coins total needed to unlock additional game elements. One lesson can be viewed each in-game day, meaning someone will have to go through 14 in-game days to unlock each one.

nUPqaNt.jpg

You little shyster.

Got this in the post this morning. To be honest... It's barely above bring called crap. Virtually challenge-free, no feeling of compulsion like the other Animal Crossing games have had, very little charm. Feels too much like a shovelware DS game for young kids from 2007 but reskinned with Animal Crossing characters and backdrops. :( Best avoid, unless you have very low expectations.