IGNORED

Psp Delayed?

Mike1812

The way it's phrased (international launch) makes me think it's meant to be a simaltaneous release, so yeah.

On the other hand, simaltaneous release... and region-free is already confirmed. Could this be the end of PAL delays for me (as I may well go handheld-only in future, it just suits me more these days)?

The PSP won't have dodgy PAL conversions, at least.

Am I the only person who has considered the fact that the PSP's ramped-up tech will facilitate the creation of high-end 2D games with spunktastic graphics? I mean, you're not going to see Ikaruga or even Radiant Silvergun on a GBA. And Sony's supposed vendetta against 2D PS2 games did come after they announced the PSP. Maybe they plan on relocating 2D gaming to handhelds completely? Obviously there will be a fair few 3D PSP games, but I don't see that its feasible for a handheld to exist without pick up and play 2D games.

Am I the only person who has considered the fact that the PSP's ramped-up tech will facilitate the creation of high-end 2D games with spunktastic graphics? I mean, you're not going to see Ikaruga or even Radiant Silvergun on a GBA. And Sony's supposed vendetta against 2D PS2 games did come after they announced the PSP. Maybe they plan on relocating 2D gaming to handhelds completely? Obviously there will be a fair few 3D PSP games, but I don't see that its feasible for a handheld to exist without pick up and play 2D games.

Oh god I hope so!

It all depends on whether Sony reverses it's long standing policy (since the Playstation) of not wanting 2D titles on its consoles. SOA go so far as to denying the release of 2D games on the PS2 after all.

It's not exactly since the dawn of PS, and it's no exactly universal, is it? There have been a fair few 2D titles (Tombi, Castlevania, the less-than-stellar CT Special Forces, most of the budget titles) in Europe and Japan at the very least.

It's not exactly since the dawn of PS, and it's no exactly universal, is it? There have been a fair few 2D titles (Tombi, Castlevania, the less-than-stellar CT Special Forces, most of the budget titles) in Europe and Japan at the very least.

CT Special Forces only just got approved by SOA, and got released about a month ago. I know that some 2D games were released on the PS and PS2, but you can't deny that Sony have a policy of favoring 3D games. I can't see the PSP being any different, Sony's angle on the PSP as a games machine is that its a powerful 3D console, they're not going to have the best games on it being something that can easily be done on a GBA.