Formula One - Red Bull threatening to quit

After the Australia race this weekend Red Bull made some noise to suggest they would quit F1 unless things changed. Will Buxons blog this week goes through the other times Red Bull have threaten to leave and makes an interesting read, looking at the problems with the engine to the same threats during 2013 when they didn't like the tyres.

https://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2015/03/20/red-bull-wants-to-quit-let-it/

I wonder if they're looking for an out before it's apparent their dominance is over? I could actually see Infiniti having that concern (they like to mention their cars are tuned by Vettel, on adverts), not sure about Red Bull.

I wonder if they're looking for an out before it's apparent their dominance is over? I could actually see Infiniti having that concern (they like to mention their cars are tuned by Vettel, on adverts), not sure about Red Bull.

Is he still involved with Infiniti?

I'd argue it's bad for the sport and symptomatic of the mismanagement that is going on.

Let's say Red Bull pull their main team and support for Toro Rosso. And over the course of the season Manor, Sauber and Force India succumb to financial problems such that they cannot run any more. Even with Haas F1 scheduled to start racing next year, would you want to see a grid with just seven teams and fourteen cars?

The huge TV deals Bernie is signing, the huge amounts of sponsorship, the prize money - it's obvious it's not getting to the teams and supporting the sport to make it as dynamic and compelling as it should be.

So yes, rag on Red Bull for sounding like they are throwing a tantrum. But remember what it was like when Mclaren dominated in the 80s, when Williams won everything in sight for two years and when Schumacher's long reign put everyone in shadow. We need more competition, not less.

A valid point, but Red Bull are only throwing their weight around because theyre not competitive, theyre under the impression theyre as big as Ferrari, that threatening to abandon the formula will have Bernie and co quaking in their boots.

Problem is, not even Ferrari have that kind of power any more, and Bernies lot quite clearly couldn't give a shit about what's happening with the teams or what the future holds for the sport as theyre all in a position where they're happy to drain as much money from the entire circus as they can as quickly as possible.

Red Bull and especially Horner have really short fucking memories.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/f1/2013/1120/487866-red-bull-boss-tells-others-teams-to-improve/

"We compete in a championship to the same regulations as all the others," said Horner.

"So, we do the best job we can and then we measure ourselves against our opponents every couple of weeks. It is not down to us to help the others to succeed.

oh lol