Rllmuk Hearthstone Tournament #3

The Grand Pursuivant

JDubYes - lemme know if you fancy playing our losers bracket game, I'll be on over the weekend here and there probably. I'll make sure I've got you added if I haven't already.

Sorry dude, missed this. If you ever see me on (most evenings and/or at the weekends at some point) just send me a message. I'll try and make my decks less stupid in the meantime!

I beat RabMyself 2-0. Rab's losses were not from any misplays though, I think he was just having horrendously bad luck. I was pressured in both games throughout to stay afloat, and these were two of the longest and most tense games I've played.

Our first match was my Priest vs his Paladin. Legendaries clashed; I lost my Ysera but managed to steal his Sneed's Old Shredder with Sylvanas. I couldn't take advantage of the spell damage bonus from the Malygos which popped out of the Shredder, but having another 12-health minion gave me significant control over the board.

In the rematch, I saw Rab had picked Warlock. I hate mulliganning against Warlock, because depending on whether they are Handlock or Zoo/Demonlock you want completely different cards. I called it wrong, and ended up against Handlock, one of my worst matchups. But I got lucky with my first few draws, and I managed to get a lot of value from an early Cleric/Injured Blademaster/Circle of Healing, and the extra card draw really help me combat the fat minions Rab kept dropping on me.

Sorry dude, missed this. If you ever see me on (most evenings and/or at the weekends at some point) just send me a message. I'll try and make my decks less stupid in the meantime!

You got me added? Popped you a friend request but can't see you on my list.

JDubz beat me 2-0. I really felt like I'd spent the whole day being 1 off lethal yesterday and once again it happened with my Ramp Druid vs his Demon lock. I managed to wrestle control of the board early on and kept making good trades and drawing cards. But maybe I should have been more aggressive so that he couldn't tap as much. I had a swipe in hand when he was on 5 health but used it on a Doomguard. After what seemed like ages of being unable to deal the final blow Mal'Ganis came out and his board overwhelmed me.

Second match was over very early. Mage mirror. I drew badly and didn't manage to get the early tempo I needed and limped out of the tournament. No complaints though really, he played very well in both games :).

Thanks dude, You're too kind (that first game was daylight robbery!), and played well yourself. :)

When I was on 5 health in that first game I was very aware that you'd probably have me thanks to a second Swipe, or maybe the Force of Nature/Savage Roar combo, and was just trying to keep in there for if a chance came. I was a little relieved when you used the Swipe on the Doomguard, but was still just hanging on (taunting up anything in sight with the Defenders of Argus and keeping your side of the board clear), and really didn't expect (or deserve) the win.

The second was really just a mirror match (I'd guess we were even probably just a card or two off using the same deck) where you again had a better start, but I just managed to take the upper hand at the right time. My stealing your Ragnaros with Sylvanas and then getting Kel'Thuzad on the same turn out was never going to be easy to come back from (even if I hadn't had another Rag in my hand)!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

I've been super busy too this last few weeks but I've not seen Pauc on except once, briefly, in that time.
Obviously I could PM him and should do that but wonder what the current situation is...

Let's finish this thing... !

(Feeling guilty)

Hey guys, sorry for being so lax on getting this done, been a bit busy with work. Tonight I'm going to go through and update everything and try and get everyone caught up. Also, I'm not going to make anyone forfeit any of the games that haven't been played yet, because I think technically everyone involved would have to forfeit if that were the case.

Ok, outstanding games:

RJames vs pauc

revlob vs strawdonkey

JDubYes vs Loser of RJames/Pauc

TGP vs Winner of RJames/Pauc

Like I said, I don't really want to make anyone forfeit, so if RJames and Pauc could get their match done ASAP, we'll hopefully be able to get to the grand final before the end of the month. Is a deadline of Sunday too soon for everyone to get their games done?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...