rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Grand Pursuivant

Rllmuk Hearthstone Tournament #3

Welcome to the 3rd Rllmuk Hearthstone Tournament.

I'll be updating this post with more details as things progress.

Signups are now closed.

Participants:

JDubYes - JDubYes#2155

john0 - SlimJD#2161

NEG - Thirnova#2211

pauc - pauc#2494

RabMyself - RabMyself#2885

revlob - revlob#2959

RJames - kazaroth#2328

sammy - Tempra#2506

strawdonkey - strawdonkey#2317

The Grand Pursuivant - krlmarxbeard#2934

Results:

http://challonge.com/rllmuk

Winners Bracket

Round 1:

A) revlob 2 - 0 neg

B) TGP 2 - 0 RabMyself

Round 2:

C) RJames 2 - 1 revlob

D) sammy 0 - 2 pauc

E) john0 0 - 2 TGP

F) strawdonkey 2 - 0 JDubYes

Round 3:

G) RJames vs pauc

H) TGP 2 - 1 strawdonkey

Semi-Final:

I)Winner of G vs TGP

Final:

J) Winner of I vs Winner of R

Losers Bracket

Round 1:

L) JDubYes 2-0 NEG

M) sammy 1-2 RabMyself

Round 2:

N) john0 0-2 JDubYes

O) revlob vs strawdonkey

Round 3:

P) Loser of G vs JDubYes

Q) strawdonkey vs revlob

Rules:

• No card restrictions.
  • Players can change decks in between games.
  • BRM cards will be included when it comes out.
  • No deck editing between games, make sure your decks are ready before you start playing.
  • All matches to be organised in this thread.
  • All games must be completed within the given deadline. Failure to complete/organise/show up for an arranged game may result in forfeiture.

Format:

• Double Elimination format
  • Best of 3 games. First person to two wins advances.
  • Everyone starts in the winners bracket. Lose a match and you will be moved down to the losers brackets. Lose again and you are out.

I'm in, though I go on holiday for two weeks on Friday so if the tournament commences then I might find it tricky to get my games played. Also, I live in Hong Kong which is eight hours ahead of the UK so I'm not particularly flexible with when I can play. Sorry! Anyway, my Battle.net ID is Klaark #3766.

I'm in, though I go on holiday for two weeks on Friday so if the tournament commences then I might find it tricky to get my games played. Also, I live in Hong Kong which is eight hours ahead of the UK so I'm not particularly flexible with when I can play. Sorry! Anyway, my Battle.net ID is Klaark #3766.

The Hong Kong thing I don't think would be a problem. However, given that the last tournament died due to inactivity, I'm really reticent to let someone who isn't going to be around for part of the tournament take part in it. If you were going on holiday in a month, I think I would be open to you taking part and then forfeiting if you couldn't play your games on holiday, but because you're going at the exact start of the tournament, in the interests of making sure we actually finish it, I think I'm going to have to be strict and and say you can't participate in this one.

I hope you don't mind. And please do take part in the next one! Assuming this tournament actually gets finished, of course.

The Hong Kong thing I don't think would be a problem. However, given that the last tournament died due to inactivity, I'm really reticent to let someone who isn't going to be around for part of the tournament take part in it. If you were going on holiday in a month, I think I would be open to you taking part and then forfeiting if you couldn't play your games on holiday, but because you're going at the exact start of the tournament, in the interests of making sure we actually finish it, I think I'm going to have to be strict and and say you can't participate in this one.

I hope you don't mind. And please do take part in the next one! Assuming this tournament actually gets finished, of course.

Not at all, I understand. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next one!

• Upvote 1

Ok. 10 people makes it a kind of weird start. 6 people randomly get buys in to the second round, because otherwise things would go skewiffy with the rankings. This means two people don't get to play until the other matches have been finished, but it's the best I could make of it.

Here is the link to the bracket: http://challonge.com/rllmuk

I'll be filling that in as time goes along and results come in. Please report all results in this thread.

So, to start with, the following people have until Sunday 29th March to play and report their games:

Round 1:

A) revlob v neg

B) TGP v RabMyself

Round 2:

C) RJames vs winner of A

D) sammy vs pauc

E) john0 vs winner of B

F) strawdonkey vs JDubYes

RJames and John0 don't have anyone to play yet. I'm hoping that people in Round 1 will get their games played fast so the brackets can catch up with eachother.

Good luck to all.

Lost 2-0, sob. (and even my usual offer of a bonus game afterwards!) Amazing decks by Rev once they get going. Clue: Kel'Thuzard, Thaddius.

I haven't touched my Paladin since GvG and I kind of know I should have by now (to adjust it with GvG cards). Nonetheless I was enjoying my Druid too much in the recent month to not give it a go and hopefully surprise the opponent.

It didn't do too much surprising. Bloodhoof in particular stopped the first game dead before I could get going.

I gave my Murloc deck a whirl afterwards, Rev's Warrior is very non-resistant to them (though I could have waited a few turns in order to buff them, had the cards)

Goooood luck!

TGP 2- 0 RabMyself

Game 1: A Paladin mirror match. I got lucky with my start. Rab had to hero power on turn 2, so I got to coin out a piloted shredder on turn 3 and I had a Truesilver to play on turn 4. I also got to play my muster/QM combo before he did, and that sealed the deal.

Game 2: I went ramp druid in to what I think was a Mech Rogue. I had the perfect curve, turn 1 coin, wild growth, turn 2 wrath on his mechwarper and zombie chow, turn 4 shredder. I'm sure you all know the experience. Once a druid gets going it's hard to stop him.

Thanks for the games Rab!

Yeah good games, first was close, got destroyed in the second!

So I now have to beat everyone in the losers bracket and meet you again in the final for a Rocky Vs Apollo style final! Ive already started listening to the soundtrack.

I lost to Neg the last time we faced each other in a tournament, so it was satisfying to get back at him. Unfortunately his milling deck was a pretty dreadful matchup for my control warrior, where card advantage is the key to success. He may have forced me to burn a card or two, but easier access to my weapons and spells made it difficult for him to keep anything on the board.

In the second match, his mage secret deck did slow me down, as my heavy minions made Mirror Image a significant threat, and I didn't want to lose an Execute to Counterspell. I had to play around the possibility of significant burst damage too, so a lucky draw of Alex gave me some welcome healing.

All very interesting games, the friendly afterwards especially. I must have summoned Thaddius at least three times in that game.

I've sent a PM to RJames to arrange our match.