rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
PeteBrant

Most unlikeable Game character

Seems nobody so far on this thread played the Black Panther PSP Yakuza games.

Your character is a detestable, horrible, obnoxious little arsehole. So is everybody in the game, pretty much, for that matter. A real disappointment after playing with Kiryuu, Akiyama etc. Certainly he's my most disliked character.

The main character from Far Cry 3. What a dick. Forgotten his name, he was so forgettable a character.

Michael from GTA:V is a complete dickhead and I'm always surprised when people say they like him. He's heavily 'inspired by' (copied from) Tony Soprano; dysfunctional family, one liners, unpredictable aggressive side, but unlike that character he is completely charmless. One of the best things about The Sopranos was how it made you like someone who is by definition a bad person. There's nothing likeable or charming about Michael and in the end I wanted him dead.

• Upvote 3

Gordon Freeman.

All that crap going on, people dying around him and do you think he has any comment to make?

Does he hell. Prick.

I like Freeman.

But that's because when I am him, he spends his time bouncing around off tables and chairs, knocking stuff over and pushing Alyx and her idiot cohorts into each other when they are trying to tell me some more of their tedious story.

Man, a Half Life 2 mod where you could shoot your allies would be the best thing ever. I spent the whole game wanting to join the Combine.

• Upvote 2

Frank 'FUCKING!' Woods from Black Ops 2. There's nothing cool about a geriatric cripple who cusses ever other word, Treyarch.

That Watch Dogs guy, what an incredibly unlikable lead. Terrible voice acting is the icing on the cake for this idiot.

Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell Blacklist, simply because he's not old, he's not voiced by Michael Ironside, it's not a flashback, therefore he isn't Sam Fisher.

Keifer Sutherland from COD World at War 'Clear out those trenches!' no you do it, you bulletproof cunt.

• Upvote 1

If playable fighting game characters count it has to be Doctor Bosconovitch.

Otherwise, Johnny Klebitz from GTA Lost and Damned. And pretty much everyone from FF XIII

Neku from TWEWY is a contender. It could be argued that he eventually becomes likeable, but not after several (game) days of being a self-centred emo dick. He ruins the Reaper's Game by failing to co-operate for ages and he occasionally does some stupid shit just to find a quick way out. And he's the main protagonist, so you have to play the game as this asshole.

Duke Nukem. Somewhere between DN3D and DNF he turned from that funny guy in school with all the catchphrases to that "funny" guy at work with all the catchphrases.

Yes! I always felt that Duke 3D Duke was a bit of a goofy character who thought he was more awesome than he actually was, but Forever just took away all of that and tried to make him some macho arse without a trace of irony or self-awareness...

lynch.jpg

Daniel Bloodworth?

Nah, the answer's clearly Kratos. What a ball bag. I can't believe that there are people out there who think he's a good character.

Im a crabbit cunt so i find most game characters unlikeable. All the cast from FF13 can bugger off. Always hate at least half the characters in GTA games. The 2 main idiots in Far Cry 4 were pricks....i could be here a while...

I'm sure there is much worse out there than this guy but I had a real personal hatred towards this guy. Such a horrible human being. I think it was the fact that the game was trying to sell him as cool and likable so much that made it worse. I really enjoyed the conclusion of my decision at the end, I've not enjoyed killing someone so much since slaying the mighty Sephiroth.

New_GTA_V_trailer__1720099q.jpg

I had to stop playing Ms 'Splosion man after 2 or 3 levels because the character was so fucking annoying. Only time I can recall disliking a character enough to stop playing the game.

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking about this stuff, but I think I'll go with Kratos for being an insufferable cunt and Tidus for being the most cringeworthy guy you're supposed to like I can think of. With Bayonetta as runner up for being supposedly funny/witty(?) while I haven't got a clue what she - or any other character in the game for that matter - is on about.

Spacehost's favourite character in Tekken 3 was this cheap button-mashing piece of shit.

I hope you threw the controller at him. Or at the very least picked up the console through the red mist then set it back down.