IGNORED

Titanfall 2

Bleeders

Amazing stuff V1X1. Makes the PS4 gameplay look turgid in comparison. On console, at least for me, its nearly impossible to pull off a lot of the maneuveurs that you were doing there like chaining wall runs at different angles, even keeping aim on someone whilst wallrunning is very hard on console let alone pull it off into other environment tricks. Like Overwatch I feel like the console versions are really hampered from the game's true potential thanks to the limitations of a controller and your physical hand position using one. Similar to Lucio in Overwatch who is hard to do wallrunning stuff on console (especially shooting whilst wallrunning) but not an issue on PC. Its sad. Anyway, its great to see what is possible in this game using the parkour stuff to its full potential.

I was playing multiplayer again the other night (PS4). It definitely gets better as you level up and have more access to decent sights and the "perks" like sentry turret and map hack. I'm getting better at using cover, flanking and wallrunning/grappling to stay alive. I absolutely love Titan battles and one of my favourite modes is actually all Titans. I used to read the Mechwarrior books as a kid and this conjures up everything I enjoyed about them - with these big lumbering machines its all about using your abilities wisely and tactics to win fights when you're outnumbered. Its so satisfying to work with your team to outflank enemy Titans or do prong attacks and catch them off-guard. I started using Legion and its great if you don't get isolated. Its actually fast enough to use for flanking and so you can sit at a long range on a flank and pour fire into their sides before they can do much about it - then use your shield to protect you whilst you get to cover. And if it all goes to pot, hit that auto destruct button and hope your final charge got you close enough for nuke range :) . I don't really like the AI minions on Attrition. I guess they are there to bolster out the big maps with the small number of players but I find them annoying and they get in the way. They also just make for a weird unbalance of points and distraction. I think they work much better in Bounty mode. 

Hey friends, I’m going to try and do these recaps each week or every other depending on what's going on. Here’s a few items I can talk about:

Not receiving Advocate gifts after Regen: We are going to be introducing a fix with DLC 1 that will resolve the issue and retroactively reward the gifts you didn’t get.

FNN coming next week: Tuesday to be exact. We will be providing some of the first details about DLC 1.

Speaking on DLC 1…it will also include a patch with a number of fixes and changes that we will provide info on in an accompanying blog. I can’t speak to specifics yet but that information is coming.

Game feedback – Thanks all that have been giving thoughtful feedback. We’ve seen the survey and many more suggestions from all over. I’ve enjoyed reading the debates! The team is always looking for community feedback and reads a lot of it. Any changes that are pushed whether it's a patch or hot fix will be posted in the Game Updates section.

Map Rotation - we've seen feedback about players getting maps repeatedly and we'll be reducing its likelihood in a hotfix coming next week.

Join-in-Progress - We're investigating ways to reduce the frequency of join-in-progress matches, while making it a more rewarding experience when it does happen. Some of our ideas require further iteration and testing, but be assured that we've heard your feedback and will address it in the future.

Cheaters – We use Fairfight for catching cheaters in game and so far any follow ups we’ve done on reported cheaters has showed that they were already banned. If you do see cheaters, it’s best to capture video of it and send to info@respawn. We take cheating seriously and continue to look at how we improve catching them. Fairfight does not do immediate action on cheaters but is catching them and banning.

Stuttering issues – If you folks are reporting this please include dxdiags from PC users so QA can see the entire spec and driver dates/versions used and this also allows us to try and reproduce on our end.

I'm also looking into getting more context around PING and localization issues. Have a great weekend all! We'll have lots of fun stuff to share and talk about next week.

6 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Also, what happens if you call a rapid-drop Titan on top of another Titan? After seeing that vid earlier I'm wondering if it damages/explodes the Titan underneath?

A standard Titanfall can destroy a Titan underneath, so I'd imagine that a warpfall drop would do the same.

they should do a multiplayer mode using the "glove" mechanic from single player. that would be awesome.

I had been playing pvp on my PC and was not having any luck. fared way better in my first couple of PS4 matches. 

18 hours ago, VN1X said:

If you were ever going to watch a video of mine I'd recommend this one btw. Wen't absolutely ham here! No idea how I managed to make it out alive in some of those situations...

Bit of a shame half of them left during the match though.

hey man Y U no ADS? is this what I should be doing to not suck?

15 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Amazing stuff V1X1. Makes the PS4 gameplay look turgid in comparison. On console, at least for me, its nearly impossible to pull off a lot of the maneuveurs

Ah, he played on PC. That does explain a lot of his movements and maneuveurs. I'm with you here, the speed for console players is a different one.

2 hours ago, Oz said:

hey man Y U no ADS? is this what I should be doing to not suck?

I only ever ADS/scope with the sniper rifles, the P2016 and/or the Volt sometimes. I've found that often times ADS'ing will simply handicap you as the horizontal recoil is more difficult to control.

I've only tried a handful of weapons mind you. I'm going to give the R-97 Compact SMG a go today! 

On 19/11/2016 at 11:44, DC07 said:

9pm is RLLMUK happy hour on PS4. That's when it gets crazy and you see anything up to four people on the network.

Doesn't everyone just have about 10 different networks that they're a member of? I just switch network to whichever has happy hour running at the time I play.

Edit: It'd probably work better if people were limited to one network to give people the impetus to get online together. 

On 11/19/2016 at 07:48, BubbleFish said:

I just received a nice long and detailed survey from EA towards what I think of TF2. I hope it's an objective review and not lip service before they start the cut. As an aside I still can't find out what, if anything, actually happens to my Titan when I rank up to Gen 2.

Apologies if this is already listed somewhere but is there a Rllmuk network or one we all use on ps4?

I got a survey too but I ended up thinking that I didn't really get to say what I thought of the game, the questions didn't really address the things I'd change about the game, unfortunately.  I filled it out nonetheless but I don't think that survey could deliver the changes I think would make it work better for me. 

Still playing it pretty much every day though, so it's not like it's bad, just not quite what I'd hoped for.

I only ever play Attrition, which is exactly what I did on the first game.

I now have a PSN discount code, is it worth getting it on both formats? Are there loads of you guys (4 :) ) playing it on PS4 every night?

How much does it become after entering the code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Pavey said:

I only ever play Attrition, which is exactly what I did on the first game.

I now have a PSN discount code, is it worth getting it on both formats? Are there loads of you guys (4 :) ) playing it on PS4 every night?

How much does it become after entering the code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've failed to get a single game with more than 1 player on here on PS4.

Ends up being £31.50 or something with the code.

And Bounty Hunt is like Attrition except good.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Attrition is dead to me. Tried Last Titan Standing and got bored stiff. And I've got no desire to play Amped Hardpoints (my previous favourite match type).

But I can't get enough of Bounty Hunt. So good.

I haven't tried the coliseum yet. I'm level 22 and only have 1 ticket.

Level 22 and sick of 3 modes already? That's some serious ADHD.

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

Doesn't everyone just have about 10 different networks that they're a member of? I just switch network to whichever has happy hour running at the time I play.

Yes I've got a load of them covering most of the day so I can cash in whatever time I'm playing.

Just now, Yoshimax said:

Level 22 and sick of 3 modes already? That's some serious ADHD.

Not bored, just don't think they're as good. Amped Hardpoints is a good mode but it nerfs your Titan as it's not that useful for capturing hardpoints.

Last Titan Standing is just a bad mode. Ends up being who can take the best potshot from the other side of the map.

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Not bored, just don't think they're as good. Amped Hardpoints is a good mode but it nerfs your Titan as it's not that useful for capturing hardpoints.

Last Titan Standing is just a bad mode. Ends up being who can take the best potshot from the other side of the map.

Homestead, Drydock, Boomtown, Black Water Canal, Crash Site and Complex beg to differ. :P

Also while a Titan can't actually cap B on Eden, having it on guard mode can work in your favour tremendously. 

Yep, and whether it's B on hardpoint or one of the banks on bounty hunt, I leave my titan in the vicinity in guard mode.

I haven't lost a game of hardpoint yet. Not because I'm particularly good but because the teams I play against don't seem to care about the objective. I can capture and amp B on my own. Something I wouldn't even think of trying in COD.

Sometime soon I'm gonna get stuck on one of those teams. Then I'll refuse to play that mode ever again.