rllmuk
Bleeders

Titanfall 2

Yeah, I know :)

I just remember seeing all the initial cut scene bits when the game was being previewed and thinking it just looked darn cool!

You should defo give 2 a go online with some of us when it comes out. If you don't like it yu can always trade it, but online in a party is where it's at :)

So is TF something you can dip in and out of (a la Team Fortress 2), or something you need to devote your life to (Destiny)?

You can do either that's the beauty of it - it's so well balanced you stand a chance as a newbie or intermittent player but similarly kicking the arse out it brings its own rewards.

Titanfall is the perfect dip in game, you can get a couple of good matches in 20 mins. Plus it rewards both mediocrity and skill which is why it's so much fun.

Exaggerated in that it does still have people playing but true in that it's only a few thousand. It's a pitifully small number for any game, let alone an online only one (so people aren't just hiding in the single player).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

That it only has a few thousand people playing is a fact.

What new IP multiplayer only shooter from a year ago should I be looking at? If you want to convince yourself that a few thousand people playing it is a good number then go for it, but you're just kidding yourself.

• Upvote 2

That it only has a few thousand people playing is a fact.

What new IP multiplayer only shooter from a year ago should I be looking at? If you want to convince yourself that a few thousand people playing it is a good number then go for it, but you're just kidding yourself.

Why is only a few thousand players a problem? It's super-quick to put you in a game, even on the playlists with a few hundred players online, and as other people have said, these kinds of player numbers are pretty normal after a year for anything that isn't Call of Duty, TF2, or Battlefield.

I'm not going anywhere with it really, just curious as to why the fanboys are so touchy about Titanfall. I get negged for saying anything that's even slightly critical (like my post on the previous page), even though the Eurogamer article you linked to earlier says almost exactly the same thing. I just find it a bit weird.

Why is only a few thousand players a problem? It's super-quick to put you in a game, even on the playlists with a few hundred players online, and as other people have said, these kinds of player numbers are pretty normal after a year for anything that isn't Call of Duty, TF2, or Battlefield.

I never said it was a problem, I was just responding to Boozy's single sentence post about how its death is exaggerated.

I never said it was a problem, I was just responding to Boozy's single sentence post about how its death is exaggerated.

Because it's not dead? Like everyone (and the article) says there are more than enough games knocking about.

You said it was 'pitifully small', which sounds problematic. I dunno, I'm not that bothered about Titanfall, but it seems to have done pretty well. It's not getting DOTA2 or CoD numbers, but not much does after a year.

Eh, it is pitifully small. The only other shooter I can think of that came out last year is Destiny and I'm guessing we don't want to compare the numbers to that (I'm sure I'm forgetting some though). Edit: Actually, what other shooters are there? If we ignore CoD, BF, TF2, the aforementioned Destiny and presumably CS as well. Is it good that Titanfall has by far the lowest numbers out of the big shooters? Or doesn't it count as a big shooter?

Because it's not dead? Like everyone (and the article) says there are more than enough games knocking about.

I never said it was though?

Eh, it is pitifully small. The only other shooter I can think of that came out last year is Destiny and I'm guessing we don't want to compare the numbers to that (I'm sure I'm forgetting some though).

What are the current player numbers for Destiny? I'm not sure you can realistically compare the two games, but it'd be interesting to know how they match up.

IIRC, Halo 4 had about a few hundred players per playlist about a year after release.

What are the current player numbers for Destiny? I'm not sure you can realistically compare the two games, but it'd be interesting to know how they match up.

IIRC, Halo 4 had about a few hundred players per playlist about a year after release.

Probably sooner - it went off a cliff really fast.

Eh, it is pitifully small. The only other shooter I can think of that came out last year is Destiny and I'm guessing we don't want to compare the numbers to that (I'm sure I'm forgetting some though). Edit: Actually, what other shooters are there? If we ignore CoD, BF, TF2, the aforementioned Destiny and presumably CS as well. Is it good that Titanfall has by far the lowest numbers out of the big shooters? Or doesn't it count as a big shooter?

I never said it was though?

You can't compare Destiny and Titanfall. At all.

Yeah I wouldn't really like to compare it to Destiny (although it does have the crucible) but I was struggling to think of anything else. Just to include this from my previous post, as I think it was missed: Actually, what other shooters are there? If we ignore CoD, BF, TF2, the aforementioned Destiny and presumably CS as well. Is it good that Titanfall has by far the lowest numbers out of the big shooters? Or doesn't it count as a big shooter?

This isn't going to help my case but wasn't Halo 4 a bit of a marmite game? I haven't played it so I can't say but I thought that some people felt it was a bit disappointing.

Probably sooner - it went off a cliff really fast.

As did Gears 3 - tumbleweed city after a couple of months and that was one of MS's biggest titles running on dedicated servers too. In the Warzone playlist there were often less than 10 people playing in Europe. By comparison Titanfall is wall-to-wall.

It's expected to be lower than all those franchises as they've got existing fan bases, and Titanfall came out during the launch window of the new consoles, and an exclusive to one at that. PC players, they've got even more choice.