IGNORED

Titanfall 2

Bleeders

29 minutes ago, englishbob said:

They need to nip this is the bud early by making the banks randomly appear

I don't find it too much of a problem . Yes I've been killed by the odd camper , but I certainly don't think it's like a big exploit . 

Just finished the campaign. Brilliant. Short but brilliant. I played it on hard or whatever and died a few times. Definitely going to go thought it once again.

Gave MP a whirl. It's good. I'm used to CSGO pace, but i am definitely getting the hang of it. Reminds me when COD MW 1 / 2 type pace. Not as fast as the newer games but still fairly fast.

Another standout bit of the campaign for me was.

The part after you get captured. Oh look a pistol and a knife. My heart sank, here it comes, the obligatory slow sneaking/stealth section. Wait a sec this isn't just a pistol, it's THAT pistol! Holy shit I'm John Wick! Surprise motherfuckers!

I will now kill 33 people in Bounty Hunt on Homestead, enjoy. Not as many laser snipes as I would like but there are some nice ones in there if I can say so myself (starting from 10:12 mostly). Had to put the game on low basically so it would still run somewhat decent.

9 hours ago, sir shrew said:

330 people playing pilot v pilot in my region. Think my region is London tho I'm in Yorkshire. That's pretty low. :(

MP is so much fun. Blops 3 fans note - there are no invisible walls. 

Pilot versus pilot isn't the reason play this though.

7 hours ago, Moz said:

This is properly brilliant. 

I've seen a lot of people say they'll pick it up in a while so hopefully it'll keep selling steadily. 

I'm one of them. The release timing between the other two shooters is actually bonkers though. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Best place to get the PC version?

Have a look on ebay. I saw a few keys for around £32 and got lucky as the one I bought turned out to be the deluxe edition. It's worth checking a few times as they pop up fairly often and seem to sell quickly. 

11 hours ago, englishbob said:

They need to nip this is the bud early by making the banks randomly appear

You need to check the bank area before rushing in. People don't do this at the moment, so if you get to the bank quickly yourself it's common sense to hang around afterwards to deny the opposing team their bonus. There's no point camping the bank the entire match as you can't earn anything and after being caught out once players should be throwing grenades into the area/grappling in/cloaking/rader-knife to check if the area is safe before attempting to bank.

26 minutes ago, Radish said:

Have a look on ebay. I saw a few keys for around £32 and got lucky as the one I bought turned out to be the deluxe edition. It's worth checking a few times as they pop up fairly often and seem to sell quickly. 

Thanks but I'd rather get one that will show as sales as I loved Titanfall. 

Thinking about it, am I better getting on PS4 for the volume of players?

The timing of the release is unfortunate on many levels, but on the plus side it has replaced this year's COD for me to the extent that I'm not even interested in playing Modern Warfare remastered anymore.

So, yes, their plan has worked for a tiny minority. Infinite Warfare will humiliate it in sales.

But the problem goes back to EA taking that Microsoft money for the first game. They've compromised the franchise's chances of success twice now with the most obvious of bad choices.

That would make sense if the first game wasn't successful enough to spawn a sequel. It clearly was.

The biggest problem with Titanfall 2 is it doesn't have the huge MS funded advertising campaign behind it this time. I haven't seen a single advert for it anywhere.

22 minutes ago, Revival said:

That would make sense if the first game wasn't successful enough to spawn a sequel. It clearly was.

The biggest problem with Titanfall 2 is it doesn't have the huge MS funded advertising campaign behind it this time. I haven't seen a single advert for it anywhere.

I saw one on TV a couple of times this weekend but yeah that's entirely on EA this time. Judging by posted numbers in this thread the Xbox community is way bigger already (variety was loaded yesterday for example). It is an Xbox game first and as such will maintain more awareness and a higher player count there. That's why people telling others to "go PS4" is bizarre because it's about more than how many pixels are onscreen. The recent introduction of clubs, LFG and soon custom tournaments will only further make that the case.

44 minutes ago, DC07 said:

But the problem goes back to EA taking that Microsoft money for the first game. They've compromised the franchise's chances of success twice now with the most obvious of bad choices.

That isn't quite what happened , Respawn burned through all the cash EA had given them after Making the game with the ratchet and clank engine for 10 months  and having the drop the campaign because they were running out of time and cash. Then running out of money again.

they had no choice but to go exclusive , but as Sony turned it down they didn't really have much choice.

1 hour ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Thanks but I'd rather get one that will show as sales as I loved Titanfall. 

Thinking about it, am I better getting on PS4 for the volume of players?

I played the xbox tech and am now on the PC version.

I would buy the PC version over the console for a few reasons but even if just down to numbers of players seeing as I can still load up Titanfall and get a game of Attrition with no issues I don't see it as a problem..

36 minutes ago, Revival said:

I've seen TV ads for it and if if my buying choice was dictated solely on the TV ad alone I would have chosen this over COD any day as the ad makes the game look fucking awesome. COD's does not... 

I'd have to disagree there. Unless we're talking about different ads. The Titanfall TV ad I've seen was just a fairly uninspired CGI scene of some robots scrapping in a forest with the obligatory miserable sounding cover version of a song. The last CoD ad I saw focussed on gameplay footage of massive looking Star Wars style space battles, which looked good (but you just know they'll be about 5% of the game). I have no doubt TF2 will turn out to be the better game, but the marketing has been fairly bland.

On 29/10/2016 at 10:35, Kayin Amoh said:

I've played a few hours of the multi, and it's pretty great - but I don't think it's quite on the level of the original. Mainly been playing attrition, and the maps still feel way less alive than they used to. Fewer AI, and less interesting visual design for the most part. I loved sticking onto titans and choosing how much damage to tear into them before they could sling me off, and the battery mechanic encourages teamplay - which is to say, makes you reliant on team mates who so far don't even seem to understand what the batteries actually do. Not one titan I called out to with a battery stopped or moved over to me, nor has anyone ever topped up my health while I've been in one.

I also miss the radio vignettes from TF1's campaign, which were effective for several things. Establishing the point of each map, informing players on how things were going in a natural manner and also increasing dramatic tension as things went sideways. It gave each map personality - Fracture was where the Militia made a last ditch refuelling run, the attack on Demeter underscored a do or die battle to cripple the IMC's access into the Frontier - every map in Titanfall 2, on the other hand, is basically just where some people ran around on walls and shot each other for whatever reason. The lack of context is unfortunate.

This is spot on. TF2 is an amazing game but the MP lacks personality. The grunts in TF1 were never clever but they felt more alive than they do here, that's for sure.

The maps seem similar in size but feel a lot more like arenas now, I think. Fracture, Demeter, Air base etc were all arenas in design but certainly didn't feel like it.

I prefer the 'splat' noise of a kill than the new 'ka ching' too.