rllmuk
Bleeders

Titanfall 2

Like many playing this after Apex thingy reminds you how good Respawn are, still the best fast action MP game of this generation - just like the last time we are all saying ‘why the fuck did we stop playing this!?’ 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, davejm said:

Just finished RDR2 and this is getting some high praise here, so this is my next game.

It'll be like swapping a rickety old sled for a Ferrari. You got some good times ahead of you.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Bought this today for £2.95.  Never played a Titanfall game before, but for the price of a cheapish pint of beer, it'd be daft not to go for it.

Absolute bargain for a great game.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Under 3 quid for this game is absolutely criminal. The campaign alone is worth so much more.

I'm pleased you said that - I'm only really interested in the campaign.  Always thought it looked cool.

I had £5 Xbox credit due to expire next week so just picked up Titanfall 2 (it's on sale at £5 at the moment).

Heard a many great things about this game so looking forward to giving it a crack.

• Upvote 4

After trading Sekiro in for PSN credit, I decided to fire this up via EA Access on the One X. Oh boy does it look spectacular!! Though I have to admit I wasn't really feeling it for a while ... then I got to ...

Spoiler

... time travel! Genuinely brilliant. :D

• Upvote 4

Oh man this is good, the helmets popping off from headshots will never get old. Just did a couple of levels and took down the first boss. 

The movement is incredible and the gunplay is really meaty and satisfying. 

After the first one being online only I didn't take much notice of this, I think I just got the bargain of the year. 

Those disco spider things can do one though. 

• Upvote 2

It’s the best FPS this generation for me both in terms of campaign, MP and I don’t see anything beating it until TF3.

I’m waiting for it to drop in price on PSN and then will pick it up digital and get right back into it.

And Arnie can no longer claim to having the best use of the phrase “Trust me!”

BT :wub:

• Upvote 5

I finished the campaign the other day and it was a blast from start to finish and I died a lot, which will probably keep me out of the multiplayer as I'd get slaughtered. 

Spoiler

I loved the time travel level, the way it popped in and out at first then you got control was amazing and some genuinely good puzzles to make your way through the level. 

I think I actually preferred the pilot bits to the ones in your Titan, they were both cool but I love the movement as a Pilot but I loved the section near the end where you were totally badass stomping round in a big BT killing machine. 

Two stand out bits that I found really hard were the simulation where you have two of the big robot things after you, I died lots there. The other was the fight with Viper, he was the only Titan that gave me much trouble. 

I want the Smart Pistol for the entire game, that gun is absolutely awesome. 

The disco spiders can still do one though. 

All in all for the campaign

Awesome/10

• Upvote 5

I also bought this for around 3 quid for the single player and I thought it was 'just' good really. Some nice set pieces and fluid movement but not much else particularly stood out about it for me. In particular, the villains were a proper load of non-entities and a lot of the locations were really boring industrial affairs and warehouses.

Probably a victim of the hype that had built up around it. Enjoyable enough but nothing much that will stay with me.

• Upvote 1

I've started this again after buying it on PC, and it's just wonderful, isn't it? There can't be many shooters with more satisfying combat. Picking off the enemy soldiers with a single bullet to the head and the noise that follows (along with the spurt of blood and a flying helmet) will never get old. And the game just throws so much new stuff at you. Bloody ace it is.

• Upvote 6

As usual I'm at the forefront of every new gaming release. Anyway, I grabbed this for about a tenner the other day, I've not tried MP yet, but the single player is really great fun isn't it? I'm only two levels in but so far it has a great variety of enemies, the weapons have a tremendous "weight", the robot thing is quite personable, and generally it's just a hoot. Very much enjoying it.

• Upvote 7