Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

Just tested on PS5... guitar works well, as does mic - copied the whole game over on my usb hard drive, which also brought all my dlc with it.

Intriguingly, if you have the pad mic muted, the usb mic is also muted... and, if you feel inclined, you can also use the pad mic instead of a main one :sherlock:

Oh, and the colour strip on the pad colour cycles like stage lights during songs :wub:

On 21/11/2020 at 09:25, moosegrinder said:

Oh this week's Rivals list (not the showcase, the other songs) is entirely my shit. I own 103 of them and barely anyone trying them :D

Good because I'm down to 58 this week and probably won't even play half of them. My contribution this week will not be amazing I'm afraid :P

No tricks I’m afraid, I just sang the song. 

Once you’re hitting every note then it just becomes about when you deploy your multiplier. I don’t look up optimal paths or anything so I guess I just got lucky. I do have ‘activate with voice’ turned off so I have to manually press the button to deploy it, if that makes a difference.

Maybe that's why then, I was getting 100% but was activating star power by voice.  It's nice to have another decent singer in the crew for the weeks when I have a sore throat and can't manage it!  @ryanski is pretty good too, though I noticed that no one dared tackle that Lady Gaga song (can't say I blame you!).

I would be 99% certain that voice activation is costing you points. What'll be happening is it'll trigger if you go over the end of a sung phrase even by a fraction, and then you have the multiplier fizzing away during the gap before the next phrase. If you turn voice activation off, you can be sure it won't go off until you hit the button right before the next phrase. 

I don't get as much time to play as I'd like, and even less to sing (since I'm seldom home alone these days, what with one thing and another). I'm sure I could have got a decent score on Born This Way but it wasn't to be. Might try it offline some time just to see. 

On 24/11/2020 at 14:01, beenabadbunny said:

I would be 99% certain that voice activation is costing you points.

I've found the voice activation in RB4, right from release, to be nowhere near as reliable as in the past games. It'd trigger on the slightest thing rather than requiring deliberate effort.

Switching to a button press would definitely help, though it's a bit fiddly.

Using a button to set off star power just doesn't seem right to me (I guess it just doesn't feel very rock n' roll)!  However, I'll definitely bear it in mind for the weeks when points really matter.

I was coming on to post the spotlight tracks for this week but it looks like @ryanski has beaten me to it!  Don't think we've got the Pretty Reckless track but I'm sure we've got the other two.

The bar on the main Rivals screen with the LP, XP and spotlight scores? That updates in real time. We're so close guys. So close!

I'm starting to think that they might have made this stupid game about dicking about with plastic instruments too complicated, guys.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Not gonna like, completely fell off this last week. I only had 87 songs and hardly any of them were fun to play. I've made leaps and bounds in my skills in a plastic guitar but I can't repeat a song constantly to better my score or learn the patterns. Still, final week!

Twig and I played the spotlights and did a few other songs but it was clear from quite early on that it wouldn't be enough so we stopped bothering!  I know I've sung that Benjamin Booker song before but can't remember it...and I've heard that AC/DC song and think it might be fairly straightforward to sing (I could be wrong though).  No idea about Dance Gavin Dance though, and I can't quite work out if it's the worst or best band name I've ever heard!

2 hours ago, Munty Cakes said:

Twig and I played the spotlights and did a few other songs but it was clear from quite early on that it wouldn't be enough so we stopped bothering! 

Yeah, sorry everyone. I've had a lot on at home and just haven't had the time or energy for Rock Band. I did try a bit a night or two ago, but I couldn't hook anything up and didn't stick with it for long. 

Will try and make a big push one night this week if I can. 

• 4 weeks later...